News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe some are resculpts?  I'll reserve judgment til I see them though, but I have so many JW pieces it's about a third of my collection now.

DinoFan2010

Apatosaurus will most definetly be the baby from Jurassic World.
Hoping the Galli will be the older running pose.
Not Interested in the Dimorpho.
Rauisuchus is an interesting choice.
YES! The Lystrosaurus is coming back! Guanlong will be awesome, too.
Chasmosaurus will be neat, but I wish it was bigger.
Always nice to see more nodosaurs from Mattel, and my favorite too!
Oh, boy. I bet the Dilo will be the ugly crouching one. :(
Monolopho! I hope it's the CC sculpt.
I do need a big Parasaur, so nice.
Pachyrhino sounds good, and I also hope it's the JW:FK sculpt.
Majunga is not my top interest, neither is the Cerato.
Bajadasaurus will be awesome.
Mapusaurus is a definite pickup for me.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Gwangi

I got my HC Carnotaurus in the mail today. It is magnificent. Practically flawless in my eyes. This is Mattel's figure of the year and possibly the best Jurassic World dinosaur they've made to date. They're setting a new bar with this one. I've gradually been buying fewer and fewer mainline toys since the Hammond Collection was launched but if they keep this up I may quit the mainline altogether. For example, I was mentally prepared to buy the upcoming Ekrixinatosaurus but now that I own this figure...why? It's just a lesser version of this one* and I don't need it.

*Yes, I know the Ekrixinatosaurus represents a different genus but Mattel's is really just another Carnotaurus.

andrewsaurus rex

I hope they make their way up to Canada, either Amazon or Toys R Us.   Looking forward to getting one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on November 29, 2023, 09:05:01 PMI got my HC Carnotaurus in the mail today. It is magnificent. Practically flawless in my eyes. This is Mattel's figure of the year and possibly the best Jurassic World dinosaur they've made to date. They're setting a new bar with this one. I've gradually been buying fewer and fewer mainline toys since the Hammond Collection was launched but if they keep this up I may quit the mainline altogether. For example, I was mentally prepared to buy the upcoming Ekrixinatosaurus but now that I own this figure...why? It's just a lesser version of this one* and I don't need it.

*Yes, I know the Ekrixinatosaurus represents a different genus but Mattel's is really just another Carnotaurus.

I ordered two during the sale and just received them today as well. I concur on all points. It's well proportioned, plenty of detail, nice paint apps, I can even get it into a sitting pose I couldn't achieve with Beasts of the Mesozoic theropods. It's certainly the best they have made. I almost hope they go back and redo others from the line now. 

Also I did just see a leak, the next Super Colossal figure will be Allosaurus.  I hope it's a good one.

Faelrin

All I wanted was to see if it could sit in the JWE2 sitting pose. My wish has been fulfilled. Thank you avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon. I can't wait to get one of these guys.

The Ankylosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Concavenator (which admittedly is still in box atm) have been at the top as far as the HC figures go, but this looks to easily dethrone all of them, though that isn't to say they also aren't really nice.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Giganotosaurus

I can't wait did the Super Colossal Allosaurus! That will probably be my next purchase.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on November 30, 2023, 02:53:22 AMAll I wanted was to see if it could sit in the JWE2 sitting pose. My wish has been fulfilled. Thank you avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon. I can't wait to get one of these guys.

The Ankylosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Concavenator (which admittedly is still in box atm) have been at the top as far as the HC figures go, but this looks to easily dethrone all of them, though that isn't to say they also aren't really nice.

Very welcome. I was pleasantly surprised myself. The only thing it can't do is turn it's head in that "curious" pose. The plastic on these like the others in the Hammond line is pretty thin and possible fragile. I'm liking a lot of aspects here vs BotM poseable figures.

My Cerato is still boxed, same with my Bary and Para. If the Cerato had the life like eyes it would probably be higher on my list but it's not bad by any means. I do like my Corythosaurus quite a bit, mostly because I've wanted one for so long though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on November 30, 2023, 03:56:28 AMI can't wait did the Super Colossal Allosaurus! That will probably be my next purchase.

I'm kind of surprised, maybe it will be the new main villain in the new Camp Cretaceous series. I just wonder if they keep the realistic film design or go for the more sleek version of the new figure.  Also really shocked we didn't get a Spinosaurus one..but if I recall they have done two SC a year?

Giganotosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 30, 2023, 04:12:45 AM
Quote from: Giganotosaurus on November 30, 2023, 03:56:28 AMI can't wait did the Super Colossal Allosaurus! That will probably be my next purchase.

I'm kind of surprised, maybe it will be the new main villain in the new Camp Cretaceous series. I just wonder if they keep the realistic film design or go for the more sleek version of the new figure.  Also really shocked we didn't get a Spinosaurus one..but if I recall they have done two SC a year?

I believe only once a year, sadly. For 2025 hopefully we recieve Spinosaurus! The only other possibility I can think of would be Baryonyx. Perhaps Pyroraptor, but perhaps the wings could cause issues?

Also, was the Super Colossal Carno "Toro" supposed to be stylized cartoonishly?
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on November 30, 2023, 04:40:26 AMI believe only once a year
No, there were a surprising total of 3 in 2022. Before then there were about one per year but I don't believe it's a rule.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 30, 2023, 04:10:47 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on November 30, 2023, 02:53:22 AMAll I wanted was to see if it could sit in the JWE2 sitting pose. My wish has been fulfilled. Thank you avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon. I can't wait to get one of these guys.

Very welcome. I was pleasantly surprised myself. The only thing it can't do is turn it's head in that "curious" pose. The plastic on these like the others in the Hammond line is pretty thin and possible fragile. I'm liking a lot of aspects here vs BotM poseable figures.

My Cerato is still boxed, same with my Bary and Para. If the Cerato had the life like eyes it would probably be higher on my list but it's not bad by any means. I do like my Corythosaurus quite a bit, mostly because I've wanted one for so long though.

I also feel like the plastic feels thin and fragile and was also disappointed that the range of motion is so limited with the head.

I really don't want to buy the same toys again but if they re-tool some of the older HC figures it wouldn't be easy to turn them down.

Bread

Quote from: Gwangi on November 30, 2023, 01:24:08 PMI really don't want to but the same toys again but if they re-tool some of the older HC figures it wouldn't be easy to turn them down.
That's my worries for this line as well.

We already know there is technically a slightly retooled/improved Tyrannosaurus mold out there with the recent failed kickstarter featuring the Buck.

I think the Carnotaurus really only needs an added neck joint to allow a more "looking to the left and right" pose. Otherwise I hope they wouldn't retool this very nicely done figure.

Gwangi

Quote from: Bread on November 30, 2023, 01:56:51 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 30, 2023, 01:24:08 PMI really don't want to but the same toys again but if they re-tool some of the older HC figures it wouldn't be easy to turn them down.

We already know there is technically a slightly retooled/improved Tyrannosaurus mold out there with the recent failed kickstarter featuring the Buck.

I think the Carnotaurus really only needs an added neck joint to allow a more "looking to the left and right" pose. Otherwise I hope they wouldn't retool this very nicely done figure.

I would definitely buy a Buck T. rex but even with a re-tool I doubt I would buy Rexy again. Certainly not for full retail price. I've already skipped out on a few HC humans and the dinosaurs because I stubbornly refuse to buy them again after buying the Legacy versions. I will admit, it's somewhat painful.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: crazy8wizard on November 30, 2023, 06:43:17 AM
Quote from: Giganotosaurus on November 30, 2023, 04:40:26 AMI believe only once a year
No, there were a surprising total of 3 in 2022. Before then there were about one per year but I don't believe it's a rule.

Yeah the Atrocirpator was an Amazon only and Target got the Indoraptor. Before that was the Giga and Rex reissue?  I kinda thought a Pyroraptor would be out next too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on November 30, 2023, 02:34:39 PM
Quote from: Bread on November 30, 2023, 01:56:51 PM

I would definitely buy a Buck T. rex but even with a re-tool I doubt I would buy Rexy again. Certainly not for full retail price. I've already skipped out on a few HC humans and the dinosaurs because I stubbornly refuse to buy them again after buying the Legacy versions. I will admit, it's somewhat painful.

The added neck joint wouldn't get me to rebuy it after I just bought two on sale. Repainted to Dominion colors with a new joint..yeah maybe.

I have so many JP Rexes now..it's getting hard to justify adding any new ones. I've already sold off most of the Mattel toy versions, that still leaves me owning around 9 JP/TLW/JW Rexes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on November 30, 2023, 04:40:26 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 30, 2023, 04:12:45 AM

Also, was the Super Colossal Carno "Toro" supposed to be stylized cartoonishly?

Sorry missed this. I don't think it's cartoonish, it actually has a ton a detail, one of my favorites in the SC lineup.

Prehistory Resurrection

andrewsaurus rex

i'm surprised they haven't done a SC Pteranodon or Quetzalcoatlus yet.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: