News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just saw Lana has the Tlatolophus up, 19.99 including shipping.  I'll probably pick one up when I order the Alamosaurus. The paint is kinda REALLY close to the Oranosaurus isn't it?

TlatolophusJuanorum

Thanks for the info avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon ! I realised that the promo images are wrongly written: instead of Galorum, the promo images have Glorum for its surname V @vampiredesign.
P.s. We have that Chasmosaurus skeleton back!  ;D 
P.s. II: Yeah, they have a similar colour as the Ouranosauruses. But not that similar.

Carnoking

I've started to notice that HAOLONGGOOD's colors do seem to be "repeating"

The megaraptor variants bore a bit of a resemblance to the two Carnos, the new blue Baryonyx colors look a lot like the Allosaurus, and now these two Tlatolophus having similar colors to the Ouranosaurus duo.

As someone who isn't too bothered seeing similar colors used by the likes of PNSO, I can't say I'm too put off by this but it is interesting to see nonetheless. Perhaps HAOLONGGOOD gets more of a pass because the familiar colors are at the very least interesting.

Carnoking

That said, really like these two! Could do without the white stripes on the brown variant but that's been the case with most of these striped figures

Fembrogon

Quote from: Carnoking on December 05, 2023, 04:22:52 AMAs someone who isn't too bothered seeing similar colors used by the likes of PNSO, I can't say I'm too put off by this but it is interesting to see nonetheless. Perhaps HAOLONGGOOD gets more of a pass because the familiar colors are at the very least interesting.
Doing double paint schemes also means even if they do repeat, collectors can just pick alternating versions so their own collection avoids "duplicates".
The green Tlatolophus is a dead ringer for the Ourano, for sure; but the brown one is less similar, so I'll go for that one myself. Meanwhile folks who have the orange Ourano can just get the green Tlatolophus and the two will display fine.

TlatolophusJuanorum

MOTS has already put on sale the Tlatolophus  ;D First time I'll buy with box a HLG figure, and I thought Alamosaurus would be the first.
Here is the magic link

Faelrin

The colors on both are kind of similar to the Ouranosaurus pair, but I think they still look really nice, as their application differs, such as the patterns, particularly the banded striping on the tail. Looking forward to getting this one sometime next year.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

thomasw100

Both color variants of the Tlatolophus look nice in their own way, this is going to be a very hard decision which one to pick. The base color of the brown somewhat resembles the color of the PNSO Parasaurolophus, but then the crest is so nicely distinct with this blue color. The green one is then really different in base color and overall appearance from all of my members of the PNSO hadrosaur herd, but the crest is again a reddish tone that many of the others have as well. I probably need to see both of them next to these PNSO models to get a feel for how each of them will fit along with these. In any case, it was good that Haolonggood has decided to go for this species and not yet again for Parasaurolophus or any other species that is reasonably well represented by PNSO models. The more both Haolonggood and PNSO are complementing each other, the better.

vampiredesign

Thank you very much. I got confused last night because it was too late. Regarding the paint scheme, I will be involved in the subsequent plans. Cannot rest, surprises cannot stop.
If there is no urgent matter to reply to everyone, I hope for understanding. Thank you very much for your support.

Abobo

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on December 05, 2023, 04:24:00 AMThat said, really like these two! Could do without the white stripes on the brown variant but that's been the case with most of these striped figures
Not big on those white stripes myself, so I'll be going for the green variant.

SidB

As T @thomasw100 points out, the complementarian approach that HLG often employs , avoiding excessively direct competition with PNSO, really benefits us collectors. It gives us potentially more exposure to taxa that we would otherwise rarely or never encounter.

Quiversaurus

I'm not really bothered by the similarity of the colour schemes to their Ouranosaurus - like another user pointed out, one can get the scheme most unlike the ones they already have.

I must say the green variant is very appealing to me too, S @SidB , as it removes how stark the white lines are.

V @vampiredesign please rest when you need to, it's important that you don't burn out!

thomasw100

Quote from: Quiversaurus on December 05, 2023, 12:31:00 PMI'm not really bothered by the similarity of the colour schemes to their Ouranosaurus - like another user pointed out, one can get the scheme most unlike the ones they already have.

I must say the green variant is very appealing to me too, S @SidB , as it removes how stark the white lines are.

V @vampiredesign please rest when you need to, it's important that you don't burn out!

The more pictures I see, the more I am also inclined towards the green variant. The blue crest of the brown is very nice, but the overall body color closely resembles that of the PNSO parasaurolophus and one would want to display these two closely related species next to each other. Because in the long run I plan to display my models based on cladistic relationships. In addition, the white lines disturb in my view the overall color harmony of the brown variant, whereas they fit quite well with the green variant.

Bread

Easily my favorite release from Haolonggood so far, bravo!

Concavenator

Hungarosaurus apparently confirmed.

I genuinely doubt it will get made at true 1:35 scale. And if that's the case, is Kentrosaurus really too small to get made?  ::)

Art by cisiopurple.

Jose S.M.

Those are amazing! I've so many Haolonggood figures on my wish list that I'm pretty sure they surpassed the PNSO ones.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on December 05, 2023, 01:03:01 PM

Hungarosaurus apparently confirmed.

I genuinely doubt it will get made at true 1:35 scale. And if that's the case, is Kentrosaurus really too small to get made?  ::)

Art by cisiopurple.

If they are able to make a true 1:35 scale Hungarosaurus, and that technology/breakthrough allows them to make a true 1:35 Kentrosaurus, I would be so. darn. happy.

Thanks for the size comparisons btw, very helpful!

thomasw100

Maybe the issue is with the delicate nature of all the plates and spikes on Kentrosaurus. Unlike resin (including 3D printed resin) which is also quite hard and rigid in thin parts, PVC will be more flexible and rubber like in these thin parts. Also the body of Kentrosaurus is more slender and will maybe more likely be affected by warping. So if the model is short and thin it may be more difficult than for a model that is short and thick. Just speculating here based on what I noticed about the difference between resin and PVC models.

Concavenator

T @thomasw100 IIRC, CollectA's Kentrosaurus is made at 1:35 scale, and it's PVC.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: