News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio
  ·
We are willing to work with some artists or get their authorization to produce more scientific models of dinosaurs. Do you know such people? Or introduce yourself? If you know such a friend, you can recommend it to us. Thank you very much
Once we take the initiative to get in touch with you, it shows that we are interested in realizing the three-dimensional of your work, because our energy is limited and we may not be able to reply to everyone in the short term.

Takama

As soon as I saw that, I imediately tagged one person

David Krentz.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: blnadal on December 01, 2023, 03:27:38 AM本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio
  ·
We are willing to work with some artists or get their authorization to produce more scientific models of dinosaurs. Do you know such people? Or introduce yourself? If you know such a friend, you can recommend it to us. Thank you very much
Once we take the initiative to get in touch with you, it shows that we are interested in realizing the three-dimensional of your work, because our energy is limited and we may not be able to reply to everyone in the short term.

Xotic Sculpts on Instagram

blnadal

Abobo

ouch this one confronting the V-Rex Dragon Soul, my god!

Blade-of-the-Moon

If you really love the big ape it's a no brainer, for me I just like the movies really.

Bread

This is a nice model. I think this would somewhat convince me to get their V. rex, but still not sure really.

I originally thought this "King Kong" was their introduction to mammals which they hinted at in their instagram post.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: blnadal on December 01, 2023, 03:27:38 AM本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio
  ·

I wrote a comment on another thread, so I'm sharing it here:

Between this announcement, Rebor's recent works, W-Dragon's Stan, and Haoolonggood being open to suggestions from the paleo-community, one thing is clear: paleontological accuracy is steadily becoming a commercial factor for the dinosaur model business. A company that usually predates the most popular franchises now willing to produce scientific models (without having the knowledge) is a clear signal of the changing times and we all should question the genuinity of this choice.

thomasw100

Certainly it would be great if Nanmu would start producing paleontologically accurate models. Their Brachiosaurus model for example despite being Jurassic Park style is wonderful both in terms of the sculpt detail and paint application. The same goes for the Stegosaurus.

Carnoking

Anyone hear or see anything more on the end of the year sale? The promo image had the dates 12.08.23-12.25.23 but it's been nothing but radio silence since it was announced

Pliosaurking

Quote from: Carnoking on December 08, 2023, 11:13:31 AMAnyone hear or see anything more on the end of the year sale? The promo image had the dates 12.08.23-12.25.23 but it's been nothing but radio silence since it was announced
I'm also wondering about this, hopefully there's some news on it soon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on December 08, 2023, 11:13:31 AMAnyone hear or see anything more on the end of the year sale? The promo image had the dates 12.08.23-12.25.23 but it's been nothing but radio silence since it was announced

Nothing from BBTS, Lana dropped the Once and Future Rex and Mordred to 29.99  but nothing else. BBTS hasn't done anything.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 08, 2023, 03:44:20 PM

Nothing from BBTS, Lana dropped the Once and Future Rex and Mordred to 29.99  but nothing else. BBTS hasn't done anything.

Hm, when I look at Lana, they still have both those at list price. I noticed they have deposit options for Mordred and 30 for a base for the king.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on December 08, 2023, 03:57:16 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 08, 2023, 03:44:20 PM

Hm, when I look at Lana, they still have both those at list price. I noticed they have deposit options for Mordred and 30 for a base for the king.

Yeah I just double checked, your right.  IDK when or if this thing by Nanmu is even real, maybe it's later today?  Said until the 25th?  There really isn't much I'd buy anyway to be honest, I tend to purchase via preorder if  Ireally want it.

blnadal

I'm going to buy Brachiosaurus, but I'm not sure which version is more accurate..
Gray seems to be inspired in JW and brown one in JP first dinosaur scene.. Am I right?

thomasw100

Quote from: blnadal on December 08, 2023, 06:14:45 PMI'm going to buy Brachiosaurus, but I'm not sure which version is more accurate..
Gray seems to be inspired in JW and brown one in JP first dinosaur scene.. Am I right?

I have the gray one and the green-brown one. The latter is a bit unusual but really nicely painted. I did not get the brown one because I have the W-Dragon Giraffatitan. I would say it is more a matter of taste which version to get.

Over9K

On Nanmu's FB page...

QuoteHello, fans and friends.
Just this morning, we finally received the physical products sent to us by the factory. I can't wait for you to share. I hope you like it.

With regard to the "smart" series, it is a new series, and we are committed to showing more fun on the basis of advanced painting. If you are interested in this new series, please support us. We will develop it for you, and of course, if the response is not good enough, the company may also make a choice.

Finally, I can reveal that the debut price of the product is 199-235RMB (about $27.99-$32.80).
Thank you for your support.

QuoteAs this is the first movable joint product, our design is not very immature. However, after testing, some features have been retained and infiltrated into the product, which is the result of the efforts of our designers and factories. We will certainly make better products in the future.

Carnoking

Once again, that price sounds too good to be true. One of these for the price of a Mattel Amber Collection Raptor??

blnadal

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 08, 2023, 06:20:46 PM
Quote from: blnadal on December 08, 2023, 06:14:45 PMI'm going to buy Brachiosaurus, but I'm not sure which version is more accurate..

I have the gray one and the green-brown one. The latter is a bit unusual but really nicely painted. I did not get the brown one because I have the W-Dragon Giraffatitan. I would say it is more a matter of taste which version to get.
But which one is more accurate to JP1?
For me, I always thought that JP1 Brachiosaurus was brown, but her maquette is actually some geyish brown/green haha

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on December 09, 2023, 03:05:34 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on December 08, 2023, 06:20:46 PM

But which one is more accurate to JP1?
For me, I always thought that JP1 Brachiosaurus was brown, but her maquette is actually some geyish brown/green haha

It's a bit confusing to be sure, the adult they come across first is brown in coloration. Later at the tree for my bed scene they appear more grey. It could be the lighting but the maquettes for the film were done in grey.  It's probably a continuity mistake, but you could say it's just variation within the same sex as they were all supposed to be female.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: