News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

And finally, the dynamic Dilophosaurus duo! Been craving a decent Dilophosaurus for the shelves and here we got not one but two!

Spoiler

Love the almost JP novel inspired color scheme of the standing sculpt, although the teeth could be a bit more carefully painted in my opinion.

The transition between the vibrant colors of the sitting version are so well done. This paint job could have easily been a gaudy mess but HG handled it to a T.

And don't they just make a lovely couple?

[close]

cryolophosaurus

Mamenchisaurus?? It's a 3D render that spins. Posted on the instagram account

thomasw100

Quote from: cryolophosaurus on December 15, 2023, 09:12:52 AMMamenchisaurus?? It's a 3D render that spins. Posted on the instagram account

If we compare it to the picture that circulated a while ago, Mamenchisaurus (which species?) seems to me the most likely as well. Omeisaurus would have a similar shape, but is generally smaller. If this is going to be one of the next releases, they are really going strong.

Flaffy

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 15, 2023, 09:21:13 AM
Quote from: cryolophosaurus on December 15, 2023, 09:12:52 AMMamenchisaurus?? It's a 3D render that spins. Posted on the instagram account

If we compare it to the picture that circulated a while ago, Mamenchisaurus (which species?) seems to me the most likely as well. Omeisaurus would have a similar shape, but is generally smaller. If this is going to be one of the next releases, they are really going strong.

Likely Mamenchisaurus, but I'd kill for a Xinjiangtitan or Omeisaurus. It's Mamenchisauridae taken to the extreme.

Concavenator

Funny how most club-tailed sauropod figures are Mamenchisaurus hochuanensis instead of Shunosaurus. Size does matter, after all!

LucasLiu

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

thomasw100

Quote from: suspsy on December 15, 2023, 05:26:58 PMhttps://dinotoyblog.com/upcoming-releases-from-haolonggood-new-for-2024/

I updated this announcement with additional information.

In your article you state that the limited edition of the Alamosaurus would be custom painted and the buyer could choose the own design. I have not understood it this way, rather it appears that the third color variant would be the plain brown one. Alternatively, can you point me to the website or article where is explicitly stated that the color scheme could be customized?

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on December 15, 2023, 05:26:58 PMhttps://dinotoyblog.com/upcoming-releases-from-haolonggood-new-for-2024/

I can't understand that three individuals so far have given this stellar figure one star.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on December 15, 2023, 06:09:29 PM

I can't understand that three individuals so far have given this stellar figure one star.

Maybe too big for them? IDK.

cryolophosaurus

People who regret getting the PNSO Alamosaurus.

ceratopsian

Being too big for their collection (or too expensive?) hardly seems a fair reason to give the model one star though!

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 15, 2023, 06:29:45 PM

Maybe too big for them? IDK.

shahinos

Maybe I wouldn't give it a one star, but I'm definitely disappointed in the colouring patterns and will probably refrain from buying one because of that.

Gwangi

There seem to be a small handful of people that give just about everything one star. Doesn't matter what it is. PNSO, HLG, CollectA, Safari, BotM. None of these companies make 1-star figures. I recently reviewed the CollectA Mosasaurus and it got a few 1-star votes. There's no way it deserved them.

suspsy

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 15, 2023, 05:38:03 PM

In your article you state that the limited edition of the Alamosaurus would be custom painted and the buyer could choose the own design. I have not understood it this way, rather it appears that the third color variant would be the plain brown one. Alternatively, can you point me to the website or article where is explicitly stated that the color scheme could be customized?

That would be Everything Dinosaur.

postsaurischian

Quote from: suspsy on December 15, 2023, 07:44:01 PM

I'm also not sure if the additional information is correct.
 According to LanaTime there's colour scheme A, B & C ... plus base and pterosaur when you order before the end of the year.
 There might be one or two of these more expensive "special colour editions" vampiredesign is offering from time to time though.
 And the estimated shipping time would be March 2024. But hey, we will see. When it's there it's there :) .

SidB

Quote from: Gwangi on December 15, 2023, 07:38:25 PM

There seem to be a small handful of people that give just about everything one star. Doesn't matter what it is. PNSO, HLG, CollectA, Safari, BotM. None of these companies make 1-star figures. I recently reviewed the CollectA Mosasaurus and it got a few 1-star votes. There's no way it deserved them.
To quote an old Batman movie, "Some people just like to see the world burn." Don't know what else it could be. They could be up to worse mischief, no doubt.

suspsy

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 15, 2023, 08:29:26 PM
Quote from: suspsy on December 15, 2023, 07:44:01 PM

I'm also not sure if the additional information is correct.
 According to LanaTime there's colour scheme A, B & C ... plus base and pterosaur when you order before the end of the year.
 There might be one or two of these more expensive "special colour editions" vampiredesign is offering from time to time though.
 And the estimated shipping time would be March 2024. But hey, we will see. When it's there it's there :) .

Well, I'll stick with what ED reported unless someone can actually show that their information is erroneous.

ceratopsian

On whether the Limited Edition is paint yourself, I'm not sure. I had understood it came painted in a solid plain colour. The publicity shots show an unpainted base on which a brown plainly painted dinosaur is standing. Perhaps the safest thing is to contact Everything Dinosaur (or another seller with good English/German) and ask for clarification.

Flaffy

We could also just ask HLG directly regarding this, V @vampiredesign could the situation regarding colours A, B and Limited Edition C be clarified?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: