News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on December 28, 2023, 06:51:07 PMIf this is a work in progress image of the inevitable lipped rex and it is indeed a Wilson remake instead of Cameron, I wonder what that will mean for the paint scheme.

Will we be following the trend of generally darker rexes established by Andrea and Cameron, or will this stay more consistent with Wilson and keep the comparatively brighter pallete?
Probably the same colorscheme as usual.

*sighs*

Oh well, gives a reason for repaints!

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on December 28, 2023, 07:55:13 PM
Quote from: Tracewyrm! on December 28, 2023, 06:51:07 PMIf this is a work in progress image of the inevitable lipped rex and it is indeed a Wilson remake instead of Cameron, I wonder what that will mean for the paint scheme.

Will we be following the trend of generally darker rexes established by Andrea and Cameron, or will this stay more consistent with Wilson and keep the comparatively brighter pallete?
Probably the same colorscheme as usual.

*sighs*

Probably no radioactive green zombie dino this time.

Bread

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 28, 2023, 08:37:46 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 28, 2023, 07:55:13 PMProbably the same colorscheme as usual.

*sighs*

Probably no radioactive green zombie dino this time.
Not exactly  ;) There can still be plenty of color or patterns and still be at least plausible, or at least not use the constant brown colorscheme we've gotten before.

At least in my opinion these seem pretty plausible, but again, just something different with at least some patterns.

Flaffy

I'm surprised the PNSO Alamosaurus has sold out at EverythingDinosaur already. This should be well enough proof that there's a demand for large sauropod figures ;)

bmathison1972

that last pic reminds me of a chuckwalla!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on December 28, 2023, 06:51:07 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on December 22, 2023, 08:17:34 PM

If this is a work in progress image of the inevitable lipped rex and it is indeed a Wilson remake instead of Cameron, I wonder what that will mean for the paint scheme.

The rex in that photo is most definitely not lipped and is identical to the old Wilson, it's probably just a random production file they opened for the image.

Bread

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 28, 2023, 11:13:23 PMthat last pic reminds me of a chuckwalla!
Yep, I requested dinosaur_models_artworks to repaint the rex representing a chuckwalla. Just further influences the idea that some extant animals can be used for colorschemes.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Bread on December 29, 2023, 02:08:04 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 28, 2023, 11:13:23 PMthat last pic reminds me of a chuckwalla!
Yep, I requested dinosaur_models_artworks to repaint the rex representing a chuckwalla. Just further influences the idea that some extant animals can be used for colorschemes.

Nice! I grew up in Arizona and saw chuckwallas in the wild (even caught one and had it as a pet for a brief period)

SRF

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on December 29, 2023, 12:28:13 AM
Quote from: Tracewyrm! on December 28, 2023, 06:51:07 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on December 22, 2023, 08:17:34 PM

If this is a work in progress image of the inevitable lipped rex and it is indeed a Wilson remake instead of Cameron, I wonder what that will mean for the paint scheme.

The rex in that photo is most definitely not lipped and is identical to the old Wilson, it's probably just a random production file they opened for the image.

My thoughts exactly. This photo just gives some insight in PNSOs design process, with Wilson as an example.

While a new lipped T. rex will definitely be released some day, I don't think it's going to be another figure based on AMNH 5027.
But today, I'm just being father

dragon53

SenSx

This is such a quality review, it makes me more confident in PNSO choices and the figure size for 1/35, I become very tempted.

thomasw100

Quote from: SenSx on December 29, 2023, 05:38:10 PMThis is such a quality review, it makes me more confident in PNSO choices and the figure size for 1/35, I become very tempted.

The reviews by Dinos Dragons are in my honest opinion the best ones out there. Always fair and balanced consideration of the good and not so good aspects of a figure and plenty of paleontological kowledge being communicated.

ceratopsian

I think his reviews are superb. Interesting, well thought out and expressed with care.

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 29, 2023, 05:41:00 PM
Quote from: SenSx on December 29, 2023, 05:38:10 PMThis is such a quality review, it makes me more confident in PNSO choices and the figure size for 1/35, I become very tempted.

The reviews by Dinos Dragons are in my honest opinion the best ones out there. Always fair and balanced consideration of the good and not so good aspects of a figure and plenty of paleontological kowledge being communicated.

Leyster

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Mattyonyx

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 29, 2023, 07:01:09 PMI think his reviews are superb. Interesting, well thought out and expressed with care.

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 29, 2023, 05:41:00 PM

Although I understand that DinosDragons' reviews stand out among others in science communication, they are objectively not as impeccable as many think, usually leading to some misconceptions.

The Spinosaurus review is quite exemplary: Sereno's 3D skeletal from the 2022 paper is completely missing, and the doubts raised about the "abrupt" transition between sail and tail are based on the silhouettes in Auditore and Iofrida's skeletals, which were not the direct inspiration for the figure. It would have been sufficient to look at the 3D skeletal, and the subject would not have emerged.

The same goes for the tail structure: it clearly follows the digital flesh model and it's based on a green basilisk's tail, and that's because Sereno et al. stated that Spinosaurus' tail probably evolved for intraspecific display rather than aquatic propulsion. So, when he says that it should have been broader and shows some examples based on Ibrahim's reconstruction, he misses a key point of the 2022 paper.

dragon53

Carnoking

PNSO is having a small winter sale over at aliexpress, just in case anyone is interested.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on January 08, 2024, 02:52:45 PMPNSO is having a small winter sale over at aliexpress, just in case anyone is interested.
I wonder how well Cameron the Tyrannosaurus sells when it's the one figure that is not part of the sale. Everything else is though... even the new Spinosaurus.

Carnoking

Quote from: Bread on January 08, 2024, 03:45:23 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 08, 2024, 02:52:45 PMPNSO is having a small winter sale over at aliexpress, just in case anyone is interested.
I wonder how well Cameron the Tyrannosaurus sells when it's the one figure that is not part of the sale. Everything else is thought... even the new Spinosaurus.

I noticed the Alamosaurus is not on sale either. Hopefully that bodes well for their sizable sauropod sale numbers.
Either that, or they sunk so much money into that thing that they're hesitant to offer it at a discount.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on January 08, 2024, 03:55:09 PM
Quote from: Bread on January 08, 2024, 03:45:23 PM
I wonder how well Cameron the Tyrannosaurus sells when it's the one figure that is not part of the sale. Everything else is thought... even the new Spinosaurus.

I noticed the Alamosaurus is not on sale either. Hopefully that bodes well for their sizable sauropod sale numbers.
Either that, or they sunk so much money into that thing that they're hesitant to offer it at a discount.
Oh good catch! There was that time it qualified for the amazon discount, but that is no longer available for all PNSO figures.

Yeah I don't doubt PNSO took a risk with the Alamosaurus, and I don't recommend anyone to order it from their aliexpress store at the moment, if you can, use amazon for its free shipping. Currently the price for shipping the Alamosaurus through Aliexpress is ~$22 to the USA.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: