News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bread on December 21, 2023, 12:36:48 PMI love seeing the last image of all the fellow crested hadrosaurs. Shame that the PNSO's Tsintoasaurus is sitting behind that "paywall" as it really brings the group together. Lovely photos as usual!

Thank you! The Tsintaosaurus is expensive, but I don't regret getting it - it's so beautiful :) . I rather regret having bought
 both of PNSO's former Spinosaurus figures because I think they won't be able to compete with the new version.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Kosmoceratops richardsoni  • ~

•    with the minis made by PNSO (No.07) and Kaiyodo (CapsuleQ Triceratops set)    •

Halichoeres

Ah, the beak looks much nicer here than it did in the promo shots!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comment! It's a wonderful little figure.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

~ •   PNSO Dinosaurs Museum  1:35  Spinosaurus  'Aymen'  • ~

•     next to PNSO No.35, Dinosaurs Museum 'Essien' & Papo's latest version     •

•     next to good old Carnegie Collection's figure     •

bmathison1972

the old Carnegie figure wasn't too far off after all, was it?  ;)

ceratopsian

The surface finish on the new Spino is superb.

Fenestra

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 13, 2024, 09:34:22 AMThe surface finish on the new Spino is superb.

I agree, it looks immaculate. I'm glad to see it can stand without the use of a stand.
Or at least long enough for the photo shoot.  ;)

SidB

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 12, 2024, 11:33:18 PMthe old Carnegie figure wasn't too far off after all, was it?  ;)
It is good to see it brought back for the comparison. It was a remarkable figure.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Absolutely beautiful photos (as always)! What camera are you using?  :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 12, 2024, 11:33:18 PMthe old Carnegie figure wasn't too far off after all, was it?  ;)
Quote from: SidB on January 13, 2024, 02:08:37 PMIt is good to see it brought back for the comparison. It was a remarkable figure.

It was indeed! I still love Forest Rogers as a sculptor.
 I kind of miss the days when Safari Ltd. made figures also for grown-ups.

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 13, 2024, 09:34:22 AMThe surface finish on the new Spino is superb.

A few years back this was only possible with resin models. Times have changed 8) .

Quote from: Fenestra on January 13, 2024, 12:47:03 PM....... I'm glad to see it can stand without the use of a stand.
Or at least long enough for the photo shoot.  ;)

It could stand perfectly throughout the photo shoot - even without the support of the tail.
 I'd recommend the acrylic rod for longer display though. Still looking good on this figure.

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on January 15, 2024, 09:16:32 PMAbsolutely beautiful photos (as always)! What camera are you using?  :)

Thank You :) ! It has been a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V since 2012.

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Sinoceratops  • ~

HAOLONGGOOD Ceratopsians:    Pachyrhinosaurus  •  Pentaceratops  •  Sinoceratops  •  Kosmoceratops  •  Nasutoceratops

Sinoceratops made by:    PNSO  •  Vitae  •  Favorite Collection  •  HAOLONGGOOD  •  MENG MX Dinosaur

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 16, 2024, 05:20:57 PM
Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on January 15, 2024, 09:16:32 PMAbsolutely beautiful photos (as always)! What camera are you using?  :)

Thank You :) ! It has been a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V since 2012.

... a definitive proof that it's all about the photographer, not the equipment..  ;)

ceratopsian

Never a truer word spoken. Postsaurischian's skill is formidable.

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 17, 2024, 10:19:21 AM... a definitive proof that it's all about the photographer, not the equipment..  ;)

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 17, 2024, 12:42:17 PMNever a truer word spoken. Postsaurischian's skill is formidable.

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 17, 2024, 10:19:21 AM... a definitive proof that it's all about the photographer, not the equipment..  ;)

:-[  :-[  You're both too kind.
It's just a hobby, but I like what I'm doing and I hope one can see that.

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow: So good to hear from you again! Knowing that you're a professional photographer makes your comment a huge compliment.
 You really made me laugh :)) . I guess that means that the Sony isn't really a good camera. May we expect that your DTF hiatus is over? You've been missed.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 18, 2024, 09:17:20 AMavatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow: So good to hear from you again! Knowing that you're a professional photographer makes your comment a huge compliment.
 You really made me laugh :)) . I guess that means that the Sony isn't really a good camera. May we expect that your DTF hiatus is over? You've been missed.

Thanks.
At the time Sony was a good camera with a very good lens (unfortunately technology runs faster).

DTF has changed a lot (and I prefer to stop here..).
My collection thread will return soon but on my Flick page only; I will post links on the forum.

Even if silently, I am continuing to follow your excellent thread.

All the Best.
^-^

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Alamosaurus  • ~

•     next to PNSO's version     •

•     Beautiful HAOLONGGOOD sauropod group with Apatosaurus, Dicraeosaurus & Ampelosaurus     •

•     I like HAOLONGGOOD's skeleton design sauropod packages     •

ceratopsian

I have so been looking forward to seeing your photos of this new arrival and they do not disappoint.  By chance I was learning Bach's "Magnificat in D" when I saw this post come up, which seemed most appropriate!  The Haolonggood sauropods make a magnificent group when seen together.  And I like seeing the boxes posed together too.

And silly tourist - I'm not sure she's going to avoid being trampled this time.  At my stables years ago we had a young and very inexperienced Japanese rider who bought a large horse and insisted on taking short cuts under its belly to get to the other side of her boy - highly dangerous! But at least she wasn't trying to take a selfie!

postsaurischian

Thank you avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian :).  Bach has always been my favourite classical composer (o.k., we know it's baroque).
 I'm so in love with Air on the G String (Orchestral Suite No.3) which is also in D major. I'd say classical music and Dinosaurs go very well together.

He he, yes, selfie mania can end in a disaster >:D . Will we still see her posing with future 1:35 releases?

thomasw100

I was worried about another type of accident that could happen to the selfie taking tourist. The Alamosaurus could just continue to slowly walk his way and the tourist could get buried by its droppings.

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 08, 2024, 10:48:29 PMI was worried about another type of accident that could happen to the selfie taking tourist. The Alamosaurus could just continue to slowly walk his way and the tourist could get buried by its droppings.
Might not have to be quite so drastic - remember, these were likely very gassy creatures.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments!

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.80
                                                                             ~ •   Edmontosaurus  • ~

•     next to PNSO No.44 Parasaurolophus     •

SidB

These highly precise images have given me an excellent baseline over against which to compare the future HLG release, so that I can make the right choice. Thanks, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian .

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: