You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Empire: The Series - Kickstarter launches soon

Started by Nyrorosaurus, January 03, 2024, 11:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyrorosaurus

I don't think there's been a thread on Dinosaur Empire yet. It's an upcoming narrative series about three Ceratosaurus brothers surviving in the late Jurassic. Some big names in dinosaur media/paleoart are involved, including David Krentz, Scott Hartman, and Raul Ramos. The Kickstarter for the series begins in two months. The website is https://www.thedinosaurempire.com.

I'm looking forward to this one! In a lot of ways, this looks like the kind of serious narrative media about realistic, non-talking dinosaur characters that people have been trying (and failing, due to studio interference) to make for ages (think of the original concepts for The Land Before Time, Disney's Dinosaur, Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, etc.). Really hope the Kickstarter is successful.

Here's the teaser:

Nyrorosaurus

Interviews with the creators:

Robert Lence

Günter Nikodim

Raul Ramos

Scott Hartman

Dynomikegojira

Thank you I've been meaning to start a thread for weeks now but you know working retail during the holidays is murder so I never got around to it but yeah I'm excited to see Ceratosaurus being the focal point of a story for a change.

Faelrin

First time I'm hearing about this surprisingly. I agree with D @Dynomikegojira that it is nice to have more focus on Ceratosaurus for once. Got a good team of people on this from the looks of it too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Quiversaurus

Thanks for starting this thread, I would never have heard of this project otherwise.

Just watched the videos on their YouTube channel and it looks pretty promising. There's a shot of a Stegosaurus in one of the clips and it's gorgeous. I particularly like how they seem to be differentiating the 3 Ceratosaurus brothers by adding slight visual differences in their nasal and brow horns. Very clever, especially since I don't remember there being such a story about three individuals of the same species before.

Imagine these three brothers contending against all the famous species: Allosaurus, Torvosaurus, Diplodocus, Apatosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Stegosaurus...  I'm quite excited for how this will turn out!

Nyrorosaurus

Carnoking

Nyrorosaurus

Nyrorosaurus

thomasw100

There will be a limited edition Torvosaurus 1:35 figure for the kickstarter campaign. Picture just posted on Paleofigures:

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Absolutely gorgeous, will be doing my best to pick it up so long as it's a reasonable price. I really hope they do more 1:35 Morrison models, especially their sauropods and ceratosaurus!

Carnoking

"You had my curiosity but now you have my attention."

Concavenator

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 You were looking for a Torvosaurus, weren't you?  ;)

avatar_Sim @Sim I also recall you were requesting Papo to make a Torvosaurus nicer than PNSO's. Well, here is one.  ;D

Sim

Thanks for alerting me about this model avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator!  It looks very good, although I prefer the pose of the forelimbs and colouration of the PNSO version.  It also looks like it's permanently attached to its base, which is not for me.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

John

I would be more excited about this model if it actually had a chance to see the light of day instead of just being a Kickstarter exclusive.Considering the fates of a certain Spinosaurus,the Wild Past line ect. I'm not holding my breath...
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Concavenator

avatar_John @John In case you haven't been following their Kickstarter updates, the Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus is due to be released soon.

And it's not over for Wild Past. They said they're looking for solutions, and on another hand, they haven't failed to deliver anything. Their release schedule up until now has been extremely slow, sure, but it's not like they've had people pay for something they never received. And their Kickstarter hasn't failed simply because it hasn't been released to begin with. They also mentioned their Majungasaurus figures are ready, so I'd be surprised if they don't end up being released at some point, even if could still be a while until then.

And in Dinosaur Empire's case, there are so many big names involved and the project seems to be so high-quality and ambitious, that I'd be very surprised if they somehow weren't able to deliver the campaign's rewards.

John

Quote from: Concavenator on February 15, 2024, 01:16:29 PMavatar_John @John In case you haven't been following their Kickstarter updates, the Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus is due to be released soon.

And it's not over for Wild Past. They said they're looking for solutions, and on another hand, they haven't failed to deliver anything. Their release schedule up until now has been extremely slow, sure, but it's not like they've had people pay for something they never received. And their Kickstarter hasn't failed simply because it hasn't been released to begin with. They also mentioned their Majungasaurus figures are ready, so I'd be surprised if they don't end up being released at some point, even if could still be a while until then.

And in Dinosaur Empire's case, there are so many big names involved and the project seems to be so high-quality and ambitious, that I'd be very surprised if they somehow weren't able to deliver the campaign's rewards.
I hope you are right about all of that.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: