You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Blackdanter on March 12, 2024, 10:37:13 AMCutting a hole in the shelf ...  it reminds me of the time my wife bought a ridiculously huge Christmas tree ... I cut the top off to make it fit ...
I hope you do not imply I should have rather just chop off the unfortunate Brach's head instead ? .... :)

BrontoScorpio

... And Here's another technique, to overcome those long necked sauropods, which stands too high :
Making the upper shelf narrower than the lower - and letting the Battat BMOS Diplodocus to take a peek from behind -

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BrontoScorpio

This group in the right corner are from 'FameMaster' 4D Puzzle Dinosaur Series sets

BlueKrono

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 14, 2024, 05:33:51 PMThis group in the right corner are from 'FameMaster' 4D Puzzle Dinosaur Series sets

Interesting. I can find no other record of that figure anywhere else on the internet.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

crazy8wizard

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 14, 2024, 06:41:28 PM
Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 14, 2024, 05:33:51 PMThis group in the right corner are from 'FameMaster' 4D Puzzle Dinosaur Series sets

Interesting. I can find no other record of that figure anywhere else on the internet.
I actually saw a couple of them on ebay so I can confirm they're from that set

BlueKrono

Quote from: crazy8wizard on March 14, 2024, 07:17:17 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on March 14, 2024, 06:41:28 PM

I actually saw a couple of them on ebay so I can confirm they're from that set

Cool. I don't see any right now but I'll keep an eye out.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 14, 2024, 07:27:21 PMCool. I don't see any right now but I'll keep an eye out.

You might not have any luck with the brand name. More generic terms like "puzzle dinosaur figure" yield better results. At least that's how I found them.

BrontoScorpio

People -
This is not a chat room for 'FameMaster' 4D Puzzle.
stop hijacking my thread.
Thank you

BrontoScorpio

A small addition to my Kaiyodo 1984 Resin Garage Kits MINI Dinosaurs  collection :

Dimorphodon :

And what a tiny litle thing he is -
Sadly I got the little fella already built up - I afraid fixing it up would just cause more damage

I think they made him too cute for what he realy was -
but one can never tell ... does he ?

References from different Catalogs -

Next to Papo and Cog ltd.

BrontoScorpio

Yet, Another long search has ended -

The Queen figure of all primitive fish, is finally at hand -

Kaiyodo 'Pirarucu' / Arapaima (  ピラルク ) from AQUALAND ( Natural History Model Collection ) by Shinobu Matsumura -

Made out of Porcelain 磁器 ( pottery  陶器 ) , how suprising is that ...

With some smaller members of the AQUALAND Fish -

From the Fish section of the AQUALAND Catalog -

She is definatly the Qween - Except from some Whale figures that are kings ...
( 2 pictures from 2 more Kaiyodo Catalogs )

I always though I could get it easier - and it always ends up as a pocket buster  :

Only recently I learned there is an Identical Resin version  Kaiyodo kit - which is even more scandalous price wise -

I did some 'Shelfing' ( tbd) and here's the result :

With just Sun Light -

and then some Neon Light illumination -

Libraraptor

That looks as good as always! The new pieces fits well into the display! Congrats to your new acquisition!

BrontoScorpio

Received 3 new boxes :

Inside 3 old Garage Kits ( ガレージキット )  of Endolphin ( えんどるふぃん / エンドルフィン ) by Hirokazu Tokugawa ( 徳川広和 ) - A famous paleoartist in Japan -

Unlike my previous 3 Resin kits from Hirokazu Tokugawa -
These three are much older - Exhibited in the 2002 Wonder Festival [Summer]

Some other creatures of the linup can be found Here ( picture 7 )  and Here ( picture 5,6 )

And on this attached leaflet -

It seems they are not pure Resin made - And it took some difficulties sanding and preparing to be assembled -
But at last  - they are ready for a group shot in the sun :

Facing the other way -

Overall, despite the material used - The details on those figures are impressive, when looking at them in close -

I guanodon ( イグアノドン )

Side B ...

Allosaurus ( アロサウルス  ) on a rock ...

Side B ...

And the big Ceratosaurus ( ケラトサウルス )

Side B ...

Seeing here painted at the wonder fest -

BrontoScorpio

Yet another set of 3 Resin kits :

This time by a company named Alucard ( アルカード ),  also known as Makino-mokei (-models) マキノモケイ, from around 1993, by Takashi Makino ( 牧野卓 )

As seen in this leaflet - it manufactured a set of 10 small dinosaurs in 1:20 scale -

Some examples can be seen here ( Pictures 3,4 )

Biggest and most interesting of the set is this Euoplocephalus ( エウオプロケファルス ) Garage Kit -
Some details can be read here ( picture 10 ).
You can clearly see the instruction details regarding the possition of the 'Club' at the  end of the tail -

I wonder if this have any basis in real skeletons - the difference between the UP side and DOWN side -

I really hope I got that one right, after assembling -

Assembled and ready for a shot in the sun :

Need to warm up the other side also -

Up close - The Ostrich like  Ornithomimus ( オルニトミムス ) -

I chose not to use the original metal rod -

The Euoplocephalus -

With all its glory -

I wonder if it could really lift its tail so high up in real life ...

Really close -

From bellow it appears how plumpy he was  ...

From the Special Exhibition held at the Kannacho Dinosaur Center ( 神流町恐竜センター )

The 3rd model of Oviraptor I already put in detail one, along with my Alucard Dilophosaurus .

--------------------

Just to conclude - I saw the following ALUCARD kit being offered few days ago -
not exactly to my likings, especially not with the high price it ended up achieving -

But some color could do it much good ...

Dinoguy2

Congrats on finding those old Carnegies! As someone who has been focusing on colleting the 1980s versions the last few years, it's really hit or miss when/if they pop up for sale. Occasionally I see one that goes for a reasonable price, but this seems to be a rarer and rarer occurrence.  I bought most of mine for under $50 each back around 2018/2019, I rarely see them that cheap nowadays unless they are buried in lots with other figures (and can therefore be pricy anyway). I used to say that the gold wash Carnegies were rare but not valuable, but I think that has changed. I don't want to assign too much credit/blame to myself but I do sometimes wonder if my web site has affected pricing. I have seen eBay sellers referencing my rarity rating in their listings.  :o
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

BlueKrono

avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio What is the plesiosaur right below the pirarucu on your shelf? I've never seen that one before.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 01, 2024, 01:01:20 AMCongrats on finding those old Carnegies! As someone who has been focusing on colleting the 1980s versions the last few years,...
Same here.

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 01, 2024, 01:01:20 AMI used to say that  " the gold wash Carnegies were rare but not valuable " ... , but I think that has changed. 
That's a nice slogan - I think I'll adopt it.

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 01, 2024, 01:01:20 AMI don't want to assign too much credit/blame to myself but I do sometimes wonder if my web site has affected pricing. I have seen eBay sellers referencing my rarity rating in their listings.  :o

That is your wab page ? 
A lot of work had clearly been put into it.
Regarding to the Goldwash\Gray Brachiosaurus - I can even say the website was 'too' detailed for me -
It took great focus to follow all the small details.
But, I guess some people are more perfectionists than me ... :)

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 01, 2024, 01:45:52 AMavatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio What is the plesiosaur right below the pirarucu on your shelf? I've never seen that one before.
Do you mean in this photo ?

It's from the 'Dinosaur Gallery\Island Desktop Series' that I got years back, joined some times ago to two more of the set.

BlueKrono

Yes, that's the one. The thread title prohibits me from quoting photos, but I appreciate the info! Thank you.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on April 01, 2024, 08:24:48 AMThat is your wab page ?
A lot of work had clearly been put into it.
Regarding to the Goldwash\Gray Brachiosaurus - I can even say the website was 'too' detailed for me -
It took great focus to follow all the small details.
But, I guess some people are more perfectionists than me ... :)

Yes, that's mine. I agree it's gotten unwieldy in terms of documenting minor variants, and I've actually begun starting each model's page off with a more accessible summary just listing the basics of the model and the major color differences / years of production. For example Brachiosaurus, just updated today with a (hopefully?) improved summary: http://www.dinosaurmountain.net/2019/06/the-carnegie-collection-brachiosaurus_18.html

And T. rex: http://www.dinosaurmountain.net/2019/06/the-carnegie-collection-tyrannosaurus.html
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: