News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Personally I feel that we're still desperately in need of a good einiosaurus figure. And honestly I might even want HLG to remake their nasuto and pachyrhino in 1/35 with their new level of detail and color palates, as the old ones are wonderful but simply don't quite do it for me for the reasons listed above. For pachy in specific they could even just make it a different species for those who already have the first figure.

thomasw100

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on March 15, 2024, 04:17:27 AMPersonally I feel that we're still desperately in need of a good einiosaurus figure. And honestly I might even want HLG to remake their nasuto and pachyrhino in 1/35 with their new level of detail and color palates, as the old ones are wonderful but simply don't quite do it for me for the reasons listed above. For pachy in specific they could even just make it a different species for those who already have the first figure.

I found the Pachyrhinosaurus quite good in terms of the sculpt. I would rather like to get a remake of the Nasutoceratops and the Pentaceratops with the current level of accuracy and skin detail and doing away with these reptilian scutes on the back. And yes a good Einiosaurus would be great. This is a very uniquely looking species with this strongly curved nasal horn.

Sim

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on March 15, 2024, 04:17:27 AMPersonally I feel that we're still desperately in need of a good einiosaurus figure.
What about the Safari and CollectA Einiosaurus?  They seem quite good to me.

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on March 15, 2024, 04:17:27 AMAnd honestly I might even want HLG to remake their nasuto and pachyrhino in 1/35 with their new level of detail and color palates, as the old ones are wonderful but simply don't quite do it for me for the reasons listed above. For pachy in specific they could even just make it a different species for those who already have the first figure.
As T @thomasw100 alluded to, the Pachyrhinosaurus has Haolonggood's current level of detail.  It's also in 1:35 scale.  If Haolonggood remakes Pachyrhinosaurus, making it P. canadensis would be a good move as people want that species and it would mean people, myself included, could have both it and P. lakustai.  I wouldn't want to replace my current Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus.  P. canadensis would be a bigger figure than the current Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus though.

When it comes to ceratopsids, Haolonggood has made the ones I wanted the most: Pentaceratops, Kosmoceratops and Chasmosaurus.  I'm grateful to Haolonggood for them! :)  Now, I would very much like Medusaceratops, Anchiceratops and Utahceratops!

thomasw100

Paleofiguras posted first in hand pictures of the Chasmosaurus:

Carnoking

I think I just turned a corner on that green variant.

Quiversaurus

That green one on the windowsill is gorgeous...

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Wow, def getting that green one, holy shit.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I just noticed he's sort of "prancing" lol

SidB

Yes, love that green variant - glad that I ordered one from Lana.

LucasLiu

thomasw100

Quote from: LucasLiu on March 16, 2024, 12:04:26 PM

I really like that the Mamenchisaurus will also be in one piece like the Alamosaurus. It will come with high shipping costs though, but this will definitely be worth it. The Alamosaurus is beautiful and I count on the Mamenchisaurus being as good or even better.

dragon53

I got an email from Lana Time saying the blue Alamosaurus and base are being shipped from Chino, California. :)

Flaffy

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 15, 2024, 03:53:41 PM

Wow... this shot really sells the green Chasmosaurus for me. This will be the version I go with!

Daspletodave

There are a lot of centrosaurines and chasmosaurines I'd like to see from HLG- especially species not yet made by any other toy company. Albertaceratops, Wendiceratops, Agujaceratops, Anchiceratops, Arhinoceratops, Coahuilaceratops, Mojoceratops, and Navajoceratops. Better to do that than "reboot" ceratopsians they've already done.

GojiraGuy1954

Einiosaurus and Udanoceratops
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

ceratopsian

The Chasmosaurus pair is included in the AliExpress Annual Sale. My Online Toy Stire.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 16, 2024, 08:56:36 PMThe Chasmosaurus pair is included in the AliExpress Annual Sale. My Online Toy Stire.
With box, after every coupon available will end up on about 10 USD each one. It will worth the wait for saving a few bucks, I'll be getting both of them as soon as sale begins.  :)
Just a "snack" before the great Mamenxi arrives on April.

Sim

I've been looking at photos of the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus in Paleofiguras' latest post on it.  I've been taking an interest in the Shishugou Formation animals, I've got a Guanlong, I have the Vitae Sinraptor coming and I might get a Monolophosaurus.  I saw that Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum is from this ecosystem as well and remembered that's the species of Haolonggood's Mamenchisaurus.  Does anyone know how big the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus is?

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on March 16, 2024, 10:29:37 PMI've been looking at photos of the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus in Paleofiguras' latest post on it.  I've been taking an interest in the Shishugou Formation animals, I've got a Guanlong, I have the Vitae Sinraptor coming and I might get a Monolophosaurus.  I saw that Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum is from this ecosystem as well and remembered that's the species of Haolonggood's Mamenchisaurus.  Does anyone know how big the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus is?

The exact size of the Haolongood Mamenchisaurus is not yet known. But we can estimate it from some of the pictures that show it on a base. This is the same base that came with the Alamosaurus, and using the base as a scale I would estimate the Mamenchisaurus at about 70 cm length (accounting for some uncertainty due to the viewing angle). Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum is estimated in the Eofauna sauropod book at 25 meters, which would translate into 71 cm curve length. There are much higher estimates up to 35 meters around based on some vertebrae that have been assigned to Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum. The resin model by Linghu Art Studio is based on this estimate and therefore much larger, about 100 cm curve length and 88 cm horizontal length.

Here is a nice summary of the species of the Dashanpu Formation including several species of Mamenchisaurus:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: