News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on March 11, 2024, 09:42:27 AMFINALLY, Chasmosaurus! Thank you V @vampiredesign !

Oh, and...

... bye, BotM.  :P

I might get the green version when I place my next order. The BotM though is much bigger and poseable so I'd probably keep him just like my Kaiyodo vinyl.

Sim

I'm very happy Chasmosaurus is here!  It had become like Haolonggood's mascot after its skeleton appeared in many of Haolonggood's images.  And now it's finally here!  I'm not sure which colouration I prefer.

Carnoking

Quote from: Sim on March 11, 2024, 04:05:13 PMI'm very happy Chasmosaurus is here!  It had become like Haolonggood's mascot after its skeleton appeared in many of Haolonggood's images.  And now it's finally here!  I'm not sure which colouration I prefer.

Another tough choice to be sure! On one hand, warm/brown tones have been a bit too prevalent on my shelf as of late. On another, that application is just so smooth and enticing...

thomasw100

More pictures of the Chasmosaurus have appeared on Paleofiguras.

1) Zou Run

2) Zou Yuan

Gwangi

I'm going with the green. Probably because I got the red Kosmoceratops. I guess I'm alternating.

marisaura

this new chasmosaurus is exactly what i'd imagine so many of us have been wanting for years. incredible work by V @vampiredesign and the whole haolonggood team. it sounds like we have plenty more surprises coming too - i wonder if 30 new products means 30 models or 15 models with two colors each? either way, i can't wait to see what else is in store this year!

thomasw100

Quote from: marisaura on March 11, 2024, 06:20:09 PMthis new chasmosaurus is exactly what i'd imagine so many of us have been wanting for years. incredible work by V @vampiredesign and the whole haolonggood team. it sounds like we have plenty more surprises coming too - i wonder if 30 new products means 30 models or 15 models with two colors each? either way, i can't wait to see what else is in store this year!

They released 21 models (not counting paint variants, designer editions and resin versions as separate models) last year and V @vampiredesign said in the post that it would be more this year with 30 models.

SidB

Quote from: Gwangi on March 11, 2024, 06:05:40 PMI'm going with the green. Probably because I got the red Kosmoceratops. I guess I'm alternating.
Green too.

bmathison1972

I think I'll also get green. At first I thought red until I looked at them more. But, can't go wrong either way.

Sim

I intend to get the green one too.  I'm so happy there's finally an adequate Chasmosaurus figure!

Gwangi

Quote from: Sim on March 11, 2024, 09:04:22 PMI intend to get the green one too.  I'm so happy there's finally an adequate Chasmosaurus figure!

Same. Now I'll have all of my most wanted ceratopsians. Einiosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Centrosaurus, Pentaceratops, Diabloceratops, and Nasutoceratops. Only took about a decade! I'm sure I can think of others I want but those were top of the list.

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on March 07, 2024, 04:38:49 PMI'm happy with my CollectA Kentrosaurus, but if Haolonggood made Kentrosaurus I'm confident I would replace the CollectA with it as Haolonggood's would be better no doubt and more colourful - the colouration of CollectA's being one thing I think would benefit from being better.

Kentrosaurus must be the most requested species from Haolonggood, after Chasmosaurus, hopefully both will be made by them at some point.

And Chasmosaurus is finally here. Let's go for Kentrosaurus, now.  8)

Halichoeres

Very nice Chasmosaurus, an almost certain buy.

I didn't realize that base is 95 cm long, holy cow.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

JakobVicent

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 11, 2024, 06:00:42 PMMore pictures of the Chasmosaurus have appeared on Paleofiguras.

1) Zou Run

2) Zou Yuan

Wow!!! Finally a beautiful Chasmosaurus!!

Pliosaurking

Glad to see a great looking Chasmosaurus!

vampiredesign

It's 30 types, not colors. Regarding the color aspect, I am already arranging a new paint studio on my end. I will lead the new designer style color and the only painting. This way, everyone has more choices and there will be more color options for other design styles to choose from. So this year's work will be even busier.
I believe this year will definitely be a year that everyone is satisfied with. Everyone will get their own satisfactory collection. We will work hard for this. Thank you very much for your support.

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on March 12, 2024, 05:36:43 AMIt's 30 types, not colors. Regarding the color aspect, I am already arranging a new paint studio on my end. I will lead the new designer style color and the only painting. This way, everyone has more choices and there will be more color options for other design styles to choose from. So this year's work will be even busier.
I believe this year will definitely be a year that everyone is satisfied with. Everyone will get their own satisfactory collection. We will work hard for this. Thank you very much for your support.

Thank you very much for clarifying this question. It is really amazing that we will get 30 new species this year. About the painting: Does this mean that there will be more limited editions with more designer style paint schemes available? This would really be great and I believe that many people would be happy to pay more for such limited editions.

ceratopsian

V @vampiredesign: such good news that we shall have so much choice this year.  But if there are 30, I shall have to stop buying both colour versions!
 Regarding the artist's limited edition painted models that are occasionally for sale: currently they are sold only on amazon.com, so I cannot buy them.  I have the gorgeous Pentaceratops but only because a friend in the USA purchased it for me and sent it to the UK.  Would it be possible to offer them elsewhere too so that people outside the USA have a chance of buying the artist's versions?  I would have loved the Ampelosaurus.

The Chasmosaurus is excellent - perfect for me, given that my handle is "ceratopsian"!

Quiversaurus

That's a beautiful Chasmosaurus. The pose is really what catches the attention first, so elegant and natural. The green option has my vote.

I noticed that the skin looks to be of a rougher texture than previous ceratopsians (Sinoceratops, Kosmoceratops), and it turns out there are skin impressions that show larger scales:

"The skin appears to have had large scales in evenly spaced horizontal rows among smaller scales.[2] The larger scales had a diameter of up to fifty-five millimetres and were distanced from each other by five to ten centimetres. They were hexagonal or pentagonal, thus with five or six sides. Each of these sides touched somewhat smaller scales, forming a rosette. Small, non-overlapping convex scales of about one centimetre in diameter surrounded the whole. The larger scales were wrinkled due to straight grooves orientated perpendicular to their edges. From top to bottom, the large scale rows gradually declined in size."

(From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chasmosaurus#:~:text=The%20Chasmosaurus%20specimen%20NMC%202245,horizontal%20rows%20among%20smaller%20scales.)

The attention to detail is very satisfying!

Sim

It's exciting that there will be 30 figures from Haolonggood this year!  I'm already looking forward to the Euoplocephalus and Stegosaurus and intend to get the Chasmosaurus!  I keep looking at the Chasmosaurus, it's so nice!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: