News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Those glamor shots put my mind at ease. All three look great but I feel much better about my choice to go with the purple variant

Faelrin

Bro it dwarfs the PNSO one lol.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

It really does. I mean it's just HUGE. The paint on the PNSO isn't bad but the blending on the HLG really brings it all together. Still happy  I bought the blue one but  I wish I could have bought both.

dragon53

This is a link to the rest of the Paleofiguras Alamosaurus photos.

LINK: https://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras/

Quiversaurus

My goodness that is an absolute unit of an Alamosaurus. Proud of HLG for going, literally, big on this one and stomping on the competition!

Edit: The PNSO one looks great as a juvenile though. I like how they look similar, especially with the spikes on the back, but different enough.

thomasw100

So in this picture below from Paleofiguras we would then see from left to right the PNSO, then the blue variant A and then the plain gray-blue variant C?

marisaura

this is a point in favor of the PNSO for me, tbh... i have no idea how i would fit that HLG on a shelf! it's gorgeous though, especially the purple variant.

darth daniel

Quote from: Bread on July 16, 2023, 05:14:38 PMUhhh... sorry to differ from the discussion of the new Allosaurus and all, but this was shared by paleofiguras on facebook.

Can anyone translate? From what I get it is an Alamosaurus rumor.

So apparently the figure teased back in July wasn´t the Alamosaurus, instead it much more resembles the Brachiosaurid silhouette. Rather exciting. :) Makes me wonder if we will see Mamenchisaurus or this guy first. In the meantime, I´ll wait for the Alamosaurus to arrive...  ^-^

thomasw100

This could indeed be the case, if we compare the promotional images of the Alamosaurus with the teased image of the four large sauropods that Haolonggood has in the pipeline. In particular the position of the arms and feet and the position of the head as well would better fit to the silhouette of what one would believe is a Brachiosaurus.

dragon53

THOMAS100:

Yes, in the earlier photo, the third Alamosaurus on the right is the C grey version.

I posted the link to more photos earlier, and I'll post it here again----it shows the "aerial" photos of all three paint schemes and you can see the third Alamosaurus on the right is the C grey version.

LINK: https://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras/

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 14, 2024, 02:46:25 AMUsually, I am a strong PNSO fan, but they really missed an opportunity here to outcompete HLG.

Congrats HLG on this "battle" between titans, yours is quite superior!
Certainly in sized,based shelf presence. Mind you, we still are awaiting the up close detailing, so that major factor still waits to be compared.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: thomasw100 on January 14, 2024, 07:36:27 AMSo in this picture below from Paleofiguras we would then see from left to right the PNSO, then the blue variant A and then the plain gray-blue variant C?

God, that's incredible. I still kinda want both the HG and PNSO, though!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 14, 2024, 02:19:56 AMPaleofiguras on FB also just added a bunch of beauty shots of all three :

Love this comparison shot as well!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on January 14, 2024, 12:41:16 PMThis could indeed be the case, if we compare the promotional images of the Alamosaurus with the teased image of the four large sauropods that Haolonggood has in the pipeline. In particular the position of the arms and feet and the position of the head as well would better fit to the silhouette of what one would believe is a Brachiosaurus.

It's certainly the one with the row of little spikes running down the back. The blurring with the pixels originally made one think those were alamosaurus osteoderms.

thomasw100

So we can now put all the information we have about forthcoming large sauropods from Haolonggood together. We have the teaser image that shows four species. Alamosaurus is on the edge of being released. Mamenchisaurus was shown as silhouette in another teaser images few weeks ago. The leaked image of a prototype that showed up last summer appears now to show Brachiosaurus or Giraffatitan. Taken together, this makes it very likely that all four giants including the Argentinosaurus will indeed be released this year. For next year they could then release a Diplodocus, a Camarasaurus and a Patagotitan and they would have covered the most iconic large sauropods. Of course there is still plenty of opportunity for smaller sauropod species.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Just to make some closure for the past year, I had received both Sinoceratops and took some photos

I'll post some 2023 recap later on.

TlatolophusJuanorum

A quick recap is due time. I must say it has been wonderful to get into this hobby, I have learned so much in this forum and regain the love for nature and its past habitants that should be more accentuated nowadays. As I had told before, my herbivore-biased compulsivity is held here
Let the Ceratopsian herd come

And now the thyreophorans

some closer look into the euankylosaurians

and into the stegosaurians

the hadrosauriforms

an honourable mention to Ouranosaurus and its thumb spike

And the BIG promises for last year , the sauropods (and this one) plus the beautiful Dilophosaurus pair,

It was a year of great surprises (some literally), trial-and-error and high diversity. Last year was the Ceratopsian year, this year allegedly will be the Sauropod year. However, due to space and budget limitations, I should be moderate in those AE sales haha
(I hope they include more Hadrosauriforms and Thyreophoran diversity too) ^-^

bmathison1972

For those in the US, Happy Hen Toys has the rest of the Haolonggood 2023 figures in, plus the 2024 Alamosaurus (oh, and the newest PNSO Spinosaurus).

Dusty Wren

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 26, 2024, 01:01:16 PMFor those in the US, Happy Hen Toys has the rest of the Haolonggood 2023 figures in, plus the 2024 Alamosaurus (oh, and the newest PNSO Spinosaurus).

And the PNSO Edmontosaurus, too! Awesome, this was what I was waiting for. Thanks for the heads-up about this.
Check out my customs thread!

David96

I'm surprised that no one has been talking so much in this thread the last days, given the last announcements.

I mean, look at this guys. They pretty much have PNSO tier paint quality (also big sauropod!):

And then there's this highly expected announcement:

More images here...

Spoiler

[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: