News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 5 ornithischians would we like Safari to make?

Started by Sim, March 11, 2024, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What 5 would you most like from Safari?

Achelousaurus
3 (10.3%)
Bactrosaurus
0 (0%)
Borealopelta
1 (3.4%)
Camptosaurus
9 (31%)
Chasmosaurus
1 (3.4%)
Centrosaurus
4 (13.8%)
Denversaurus
5 (17.2%)
Dryosaurus
10 (34.5%)
Edmontonia rugosidens
1 (3.4%)
Edmontosaurus annectens
6 (20.7%)
Gigantspinosaurus
1 (3.4%)
Heterodontosaurus
8 (27.6%)
Hypsilophodon
6 (20.7%)
Kosmoceratops
0 (0%)
Kulindadromeus
10 (34.5%)
Maiasaura
9 (31%)
Protoceratops
5 (17.2%)
Saichania
3 (10.3%)
Saurolophus
9 (31%)
Scelidosaurus
11 (37.9%)
Scutellosaurus
9 (31%)
Tenontosaurus
6 (20.7%)
Thescelosaurus
11 (37.9%)
Tlatolophus
2 (6.9%)
Tuojiangosaurus
2 (6.9%)
Udanoceratops
4 (13.8%)
Utahceratops
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Sim

Baryonyx

Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus lambei or magnicristatus

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

I don't remember which were my nominees, but very few bad choices here.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Kulindadromeus, Maiasaura, Saurolophus, Scutellosaurus and Tenontosaurus.

Torvosaurus

Scutellosaurus, Scelidosaurus and Tenontosaurus, plus Bonapartesaurus and Gargoyleosaurus.

Torvo

Gwangi

Dryosaurus
Heterodontosaurus
Scutellosaurus
Protoceratops
Udanoceratops

Jorgesaurus

Tuojiangosaurus, miragaia, lambeosaurus, torosaurus and corythosaurus

triceratops83

It's hard to pick Ornithischians - I'd like the lot. But...
Dryosaurus
Hypsilophodon
Heterodontosaurus
Kulindadromeus
Thescelosaurus

Kind of a theme there.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

LucasLiu

Thescelosaurus, Edmontosaurus annectens, Camptosaurus, Tenontosaurus, Hypsilophodon

Halichoeres

How many of the Thescelosaurus votes are mostly to round out a Hell Creek display?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 18, 2024, 11:43:24 PMHow many of the Thescelosaurus votes are mostly to round out a Hell Creek display?

I was wondering why the popularity. I barely know anything about this dinosaur.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Faelrin

I've wanted a figure of it for years. Yes Hell Creek, but I have a fondness of it because there was the one that they thought had a fossilized heart back in the day (edit: which was shown in the making of WWD's Ballad of Big Al). Turns out it wasn't, but I still think it is an interesting little ornithischian. Wasn't there recent material with integument too?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 19, 2024, 12:00:26 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 18, 2024, 11:43:24 PMHow many of the Thescelosaurus votes are mostly to round out a Hell Creek display?

I think the popularity of Thescelosaurus is also due to it being a kind of animal that there are no good figures of, except for a WWD mini.

Halichoeres

I voted for Thescelosaurus, too, I think it's a really interesting animal in its own right. Weird hands, weird feet, weird eyebrows, platelike ossifications on its thorax.

Quote from: Sim on March 19, 2024, 09:13:10 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on March 19, 2024, 12:00:26 AM

I think the popularity of Thescelosaurus is also due to it being a kind of animal that there are no good figures of, except for a WWD mini.
When you say kind, do you mean like the family? That probably has something to do with it. There are no good Bactrosaurus figures, but there are lots of good hadrosauroid figures, which might be why Bactrosaurus has no votes.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2024, 02:50:48 PMI voted for Thescelosaurus, too, I think it's a really interesting animal in its own right. Weird hands, weird feet, weird eyebrows, platelike ossifications on its thorax.
Weird mouth/snout too!

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2024, 02:50:48 PMWhen you say kind, do you mean like the family? That probably has something to do with it. There are no good Bactrosaurus figures, but there are lots of good hadrosauroid figures, which might be why Bactrosaurus has no votes.
Yes, I meant family.

Eatmycar

Jakapil. It's an odd, endearing looking little guy who has no good figures on the market.

Where's the love for this little feller?

Concavenator

Quote from: Eatmycar on March 19, 2024, 06:55:01 PMJakapil. It's an odd, endearing looking little guy who has no good figures on the market.

Where's the love for this little feller?

I'd rather see Scutellosaurus being made. That guy has it even worse than Jakapil for being made as it's not a new discovery like the latter. Scutellosaurus has more complete material and has been known for a while, but presumably because of its small size, it doesn't receive the attention it should. Very overlooked animal.

Sim

We can't even seem to get a good Scelidosaurus figure.  I didn't vote for it, but I'd love to have a good figure of it!  We came close to one with Wild Past but now it doesn't seem to be happening anymore.  I'm glad to see it doing well in this poll!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: