News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David96

Quote from: thomasw100 on April 19, 2024, 05:28:30 AM
Quote from: oscars_dinos on April 19, 2024, 04:28:44 AM
Quote from: Samrukia on April 19, 2024, 03:49:33 AM
Quote from: oscars_dinos on April 18, 2024, 06:07:59 PMAm I going to have to worry about this thing not being available on the amazon store after a while or do haolonggood figures stay available for a long time.

yeah, and video reviews are still not there :(
so going through amazon isn't the move?? where's the best place to get it

My suggestion would be to buy directly from Lana Time Shop through their website. The Jurassic Zoo Store on Aliexpress and Amazon is actually the outlet of Lana Time Shop on these platforms. But the offers there are always more expensive than buying directly from Lana website.

Welp, in my case Lana doesn't send to my country :(

SenSx

I'm personnaly waiting for more in hand pictures before purchasing the Mamenchisaurus, the actual photos might be deceiving, I know they were for their previous sauropod.
And maybe PNSO will have released their new april product by that time, if there is one, I might order it as well.

Concavenator

I am guessing the next will be the Stegosaurus?

Excited to see more stuff coming!

oscars_dinos

Quote from: SenSx on April 20, 2024, 10:15:17 AMI'm personnaly waiting for more in hand pictures before purchasing the Mamenchisaurus, the actual photos might be deceiving, I know they were for their previous sauropod.
And maybe PNSO will have released their new april product by that time, if there is one, I might order it as well.
[/quote
Quote from: SenSx on April 20, 2024, 10:15:17 AMI'm personnaly waiting for more in hand pictures before purchasing the Mamenchisaurus, the actual photos might be deceiving, I know they were for their previous sauropod.

Would you say in a bad way?

Halichoeres

Nice edit, avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum I'll enjoy seeing the visual checklist filled in.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SenSx

oscars_dinos=>

Well the blue Alamosaurus wasn't as good as the promo pics if I remember well.

I want to see the blue Mamenchisaurus for real.
There is that purple tone on the back that I really enjoy, I wonder if it will be really there on the figure.

Concavenator

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 20, 2024, 04:27:39 PMNice edit, avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum I'll enjoy seeing the visual checklist filled in.

Yeah, it will be a pleasure to see it complete by the end of the year.  ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on April 20, 2024, 04:30:55 PMoscars_dinos=>

There is that purple tone on the back that I really enjoy, I wonder if it will be really there on the figure.

Nothing is ever as good as the promo pics. 

I did get the blue Alamo and I'm happy with it.

Anyone recall the Mamenchi coming with a base? I know it was shown with the Alamo's base as I recall just remembered this and was curious about it. Certainly it doesn't need one.  Also the listing at Lana doesn't mention any of them being limited editions now? 

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 20, 2024, 05:33:43 PM

Anyone recall the Mamenchi coming with a base? I know it was shown with the Alamo's base as I recall just remembered this and was curious about it. Certainly it doesn't need one.  Also the listing at Lana doesn't mention any of them being limited editions now? 

Safari products are almost always better than the promo pics.

SenSx

Yes of course, but that said the green or the brown could look better for real for me ?
That is why I need to see those.

Yes I wonder as well for the rumored limited version.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on April 20, 2024, 05:43:15 PM

Safari products are almost always better than the promo pics.

hmm..maybe.   that may be more true now though than it was in the past though.

thomasw100

I remember that vampiredesign mentioned something (at the time when the pre-sale of the Alamosaurus was starting up) along the lines that he does not like too much the idea that people who pre-order a model get some extra gift like the base or something like that. And that for the next big release he would like that Haolonggood would to do away with such extras. Not sure why he has that opinion, maybe because he wants all who purchase the model treated equal, which is perfectly reasonable. So I think that the decision was made to release the Mamenchisaurus without a base. This would also have helped to bring down the costs. The fact that they also have this super large base (95 by 35 cm) currently in production may have added to this decision.

thomasw100

My big question about the forthcoming Haolonggood releases in 2024 is if they will also produce the two other large sauropods that were hinted at at the end of 2023. The figure that circulated on social media showed 4 large sauropods, which were interpreted to be Alamosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Brcahiosaurus and Argentinosaurus. We have by now seen the release of Alamosaurus and Mamenchisaurus, which gives credibility to what was shown in that figure. On the other hand, the page from their catalogue with planned herbivores for 2024 showed Mamenchisaurus, Camarasaurus and Amargasaurus, but not Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus. I think it would be good to know if the two large sauropods, i.e. Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus, will still come in 2024 or at a later time. Maybe they are planned for the second half of the year, with Argentinosaurus as the grande finale of the Year of the Dragon. I would think that the Brachiosaurus would cost about as much as the Alamosaurus and the Argentinosaurus (being larger) would cost 30 to 50 percent more than the Alamosaurus.

Cretaceous Hunter

Quote from: thomasw100 on April 21, 2024, 07:35:24 PMI remember that vampiredesign mentioned something (at the time when the pre-sale of the Alamosaurus was starting up) along the lines that he does not like too much the idea that people who pre-order a model get some extra gift like the base or something like that...

I believe that the issue that vampiredesign had with the alamosaurus release was the "booking" style of pre-order based on CG images alone. I don't think there was any mention of concern about the base or pterosaur extra gift for pre-orders.

Based on this experience, HLG seem to now only start pre-orders for figures that are already in production and release images of the factory product.

ceratopsian

Yes, I thought he didn't think that asking the public to vote on the preliminary CGI design patterns was a good idea. And indeed many people expressed disappointment when the actual designs were different from the designs on which they had voted, as they had taken those designs to be what would appear on the finished product.

thomasw100

This is the quote from vampiredesign last year that referred to that issue:

"Actually, as I mentioned before, there are many issues with the design process being published and interacting together.Everyone has different opinions, and I have collected a lot of opinions and data to come up with the final adjustment plan and results. Plan A is blue, Plan B is purple, and Plan C is elephant colored.All bookings will come with gifts: foundation (finished, colored) and pterosaur.Perhaps this booking form is quite common in China, but personally, I oppose this approach. This kind of change is quite significant.I will not agree with this approach in the future.
The early release of the color design and later model has exposed many operational issues. I spent more time collecting information for this.Thank you very much for your support. I need some time to organize and organize.Some product upgrades and process changes have problems and errors, but we must try them out. Only with errors can we better discover and solve problems. We apologize for this."

ceratopsian

Exactly. I think we are interpreting the English translation from his original slightly differently. The translations are always somewhat oracular!

Cretaceous Hunter

True. After re-reading the comment I can see multiple interpretations.

My original inference was based on the community dissapointment and confusion related to the changes that happened during design.  I assumed vampiredeign's intent since I never heard any public concerns about the extras and there was the option to buy the figure without the extras after the cut-off date.

In either case, I hope they continue releasing bases for their figures in the future.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Bases are cool, but not needed really. If they do away with them to make a more affordable, easier to ship/handle sale I'm ok with it.

Cretaceous Hunter

Agreed. I'm fine with bases being optional extras or released as a stand-alone item.  I've been enjoying using their bases with multiple figures from various companies.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: