News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

PNSO really turned that Tsintaosaurus into a meme.

ceratopsian

Personally I like the option of having a base for an impressive model like a 1:35 sauropod. It gives a finishing touch. But it needs to be one per model, not a super-base nearly a metre wide. I don't have that sort of contiguous display space available.

postsaurischian

Every now and then a nice base is okay for me, but I don't wan't too many of them.

I still haven't decided which Mamenchisaurus paint scheme is the right one for me.
 It's the first time this is happening to me.
 I knew I had to have the purple Alamosaurus right at first sight, but this time ..... :-\  :P

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 22, 2024, 04:31:29 PMPersonally I like the option of having a base for an impressive model like a 1:35 sauropod. It gives a finishing touch. But it needs to be one per model, not a super-base nearly a metre wide. I don't have that sort of contiguous display space available.

I would think that normal small bases and these very big base are used for completely different purpose. The small bases as you say give a nice touch to individual models. The very large base is for making a diorama with several species and displaying dinosaur ecosystems. I have to say that I really really like that big base, because I love the idea of these dinosaur ecosystems. This is why I would find it super cool if Haolonggood would for example release one such huge base representing a different habitat every year or so, like coast, desert, swamp, forest etc. And I would find it even more cool if they would eventually also release highly accurate models of Mesozoic plants. This does not need to be many, just a few basic forms like cycads etc. would do.

thomasw100

Paleofiguras posted many new pictures of all three color variants of the Mamenchisaurus.

1) Green variant

2) Blue variant

3) Brown variant

Faelrin

Not sure if folks already noticed (might be a bit behind on this), but it's available on both Aliexpress and Amazon now.

Edit: Artist edition Sinoceratops is still available btw.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SenSx

The green version looks so much better on theses shots.
But its last ones are a bit weird, it's almost blue or purple because of the strange lightening, I thought it was the blue version.

Pinbacker

I ordered the green version, but honestly all three color schemes are fantastic.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

At first I was leaning towards the blue var, but honestly I think I prefer the brown.

Flaffy

Solidly in faavour of the brown version. TLW's Mamenchisaurus colour scheme is stuck in my head.

TlatolophusJuanorum

I was already sure for ordering in May the limited blue version, but after those photos I'm also leaning more towards the brown version. The detail is more vibrant and the colours do not saturate the beautiful sculpting. PD. I didn't know Mamenchisaurus was in TLW, more reasons to be my JP franchise favourite. (I need to read the novel tho)

Paleo Flo

I personally don't need another grey/brown model in my collection.

So it was a hard choice and a pro/con-battle between BavariaBlue an GreenCarnegieBrachioVibe.

Finally I came to the conclusion to order the blue variant. 

Can't wait for it...

I'm looking forward to their Amargasaurus. One of my favourite Sauropods.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

thomasw100

Quote from: Flaffy on April 23, 2024, 12:42:03 AMSolidly in faavour of the brown version. TLW's Mamenchisaurus colour scheme is stuck in my head.

I have also ordered the brown variant. Would have liked the green, but unfortunately the green marks the return of the white wiggly lines. Though a bit more subtle than for some other models. Nevertheless, the green would have been my favorite this time without the white lines. Apparently there is some die hard fan of wiggly white lines in the staff of Haolonggood, despite this probably being the most extensively criticized feature of their paint designs.

Carnoking

The brown has grown on me quite a bit but my eyes are drawn to the blue variant time and again. I can't think of anything like it in my collection, and the fact that it's the limited variant makes it all the more tantalizing in my book.

suspsy

I wonder if Haolonggood has a second big reveal poster for the latter half of 2024. They've covered ceratopsians, sauropods, ornithopods, and thyreophorans; it seems reasonable to assume that theropods will come swinging back next. More abelisaurs like Rajasaurus and Rugops would be neat, but it sure would be truly lovely if Haolonggood would do what PNSO seems loath to and release a bunch of dromaeosaurs and ornithomimosaurs. I'd be perfectly fine if they were in tripod stances or mounted on bases.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

thebermuda303

Quote from: suspsy on April 23, 2024, 06:11:53 PMI wonder if Haolonggood has a second big reveal poster for the latter half of 2024. They've covered ceratopsians, sauropods, ornithopods, and thyreophorans; it seems reasonable to assume that theropods will come swinging back next. More abelisaurs like Rajasaurus and Rugops would be neat, but it sure would be truly lovely if Haolonggood would do what PNSO seems loathe to and release a bunch of dromaeosaurs and ornithomimosaurs. I'd be perfectly fine if they were in tripod stances or mounted on bases.
I'd literally go crazy for tarbosaurus. Also imagine gallimimus two pack.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: suspsy on April 23, 2024, 06:11:53 PMI wonder if Haolonggood has a second big reveal poster for the latter half of 2024. They've covered ceratopsians, sauropods, ornithopods, and thyreophorans; it seems reasonable to assume that theropods will come swinging back next. More abelisaurs like Rajasaurus and Rugops would be neat, but it sure would be truly lovely if Haolonggood would do what PNSO seems loathe to and release a bunch of dromaeosaurs and ornithomimosaurs. I'd be perfectly fine if they were in tripod stances or mounted on bases.

I believe they've already confirmed that they're working on a second poster, no idea what's in it tho. Fingers crossed for some cool and underrepresented theropods.

TlatolophusJuanorum

For smaller species they could make small dioramas with a variety of two or three genera just as with their Dilophosaurus pair. Not necessarily 1:35 scale, since the detail for them is not appreciated.
Imagine a wonderful Djadochta, Yixian or  Liaoning pack. Just a daydreaming thought...

Concavenator

Would not surprise me at all to see Ceratosaurus among them. Maybe Acrocanthosaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Utahraptor and Gallimimus too?

If you're wondering why am I mentioning these particular genera, if you haven't noticed already, quite a bit of Haolonggood's species were done (or planned) by Battat at some point:

Spoiler
Tyrannosaurus
Carnotaurus
Nasutoceratops (unreleased by Battat)
Ouranosaurus
Dacentrurus
Pachyrhinosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Pentaceratops (unreleased by Battat)
Edmontonia
Euoplocephalus
Amargasaurus (WIP)
Stegosaurus (WIP)
Maiasaura (WIP)
Acrocanthosaurus (it was a WIP from, IIRC, 2022, not sure if they were still collaborating with GR Toys back then)
[close]

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator  Would be nice to see those tackled by them. As well as some of the species in the progress of being sculpted by Dan but never finished due to his passing. I think Europasaurus and Yutyrannus were among those, but can't remember the rest, other then the two ceratopsians mentioned.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: