News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: oscars_dinos on April 25, 2024, 11:27:50 PM
Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on April 25, 2024, 10:54:15 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on April 25, 2024, 08:41:31 PMNow that I think about it, Dapeng the Yangchuanosaurus would be another good choice to get too. I'm not sure if it co-existed with it, but I do have the PNSO Huayangosaurus, and it is from the same formation, and PNSO also has their Tuojiangosaurus I'm behind on. Never mind the beautiful Mamenchisaurus Haolonggood just released. Hopefully there is a new Chungkingosaurus as the only option I'm aware of is in the older PNSO Museum line two pack with Yangchuanosaurus.
It does came from the Shaximiao formation, as do Huayangosaurus, Chungkingosaurus, and Mamenchisaurus hochuanensis. Hopefully this year PNSO delivers an updated sculpt Chungkingosaurus, but Y.magnus is a beautiful figure I recommend getting if you are interested in this interesting formation! I am planning on getting both Haolonggood's Mamenchisaurus and PNSOs Dapeng the Yangchuanosaurus magnus

I got the Dapeng this sale and I honestly think its the best bang for your buck, its bigger than one might think, its scientifically accurate, and for 20 bucks its honestly a steal. I also got the Tsintaosaurus which for 30 dollars I was still somewhat... disappointed is a lil extreme but... either way what a good sale hope pnso does this more.
I tried to buy it through Amazon MX at its sale price, but it ends having the same sale price as any other AE sale when importation fees are included (maybe one or two USD cheaper). So I'll try my patience and self-control on buying it at a better price later on. It is a beauty! I didn't get the Tsintaosaurus also for budget reasons, but the sculpting is also great.

Renecito

Wuerhosaurus

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Carnoking

Quote from: Carnoking on April 25, 2024, 01:00:35 AMI'm all but certain we'll get a new release tomorrow or shortly thereafter!

Like clockwork!

This chunky little guy looks great! But does it mean we can officially put that rumor list to rest?

Concavenator

SenSx

Finally the april release.

Is it a figure leaked on the previous list that circulated ?

Renecito

Quote from: SenSx on April 26, 2024, 01:19:17 PMFinally the april release.

Is it a figure leaked on the previous list that circulated ?

It's not on the list.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

thomasw100

This Wuerhosaurus is really nice. Very interesting and quite unusual color highlights on the plates. Probably a reflection on the idea that the plates of stegosaurs had a function in intraspecies signalling. The only drawback is that they chose to go with the (most likely) broken off plates rather than restoring them into a more sharp geometry (as some recent skeletal reconstructions suggest). With 18.5 cm length, the model would represent an approximately 6.5 meter long individual.  So this may represent W. homheni, which is supposedly a slightly larger species.

Quiversaurus

A Woohoosaurus! Finally a new release from PNSO. I'm really liking the colours on those plates.

Sim

Nooo!  I prefer Haolonggood's Wuerhosaurus, so PNSO's is one I won't get.  It feels like a waste of release, why didn't they make something that doesn't already have good representation?  Also, Wuerhosaurus is known from poor remains, I don't understand why companies keep making it, first Vitae, then Haolonggood, now PNSO... :-\

bmathison1972

Nice Wuerhosaurus but having already gotten Haolonggood's, I see no need to pursue this.

Gwangi

Not bad but it's too late for PNSO, I have Haolonggood's and have no need for another Wuerhosaurus.

Carnoking

If I were a one and done kind of collector, I'd probably be giving HLG's the boot in favor of PNSO's. Sure, it will probably be double the price (at least) but HLG's Wuerhosaurus has never been a favorite of mine from them.

thomasw100

Quote from: Carnoking on April 26, 2024, 03:14:44 PMIf I were a one and done kind of collector, I'd probably be giving HLG's the boot in favor of PNSO's. Sure, it will probably be double the price (at least) but HLG's Wuerhosaurus has never been a favorite of mine from them.

I feel exactly the same. I got the Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus with the intention to send it for a repaint. But now with this beautiful PNSO model there is no need for this any more.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Yaaay another brownie...
Tho' I got both Haolonggood's Wuerhosaurus and Vitae's (I bought it at bargain price way before Haolonggood's), I really like this chonker plates. I'll wait at Summer sale or 11:11 for buying it, since it will be at least 30 bucks.

Flaffy

Paint application and execution certainly looks a lot more professional compared to the squiggly lines on HLG's Wuerhosaurus. The colour choice however is really really boring though. I vastly prefer how HLG tackled the plates, especially the surface detail and how they transition smoothly into skin. The vertical lines on PNSO's feels ameturish by comparison, especially so with how nicely their Museum Series Stegosaurus's detailing came out.

I reckon in-hand side by side comparisons will be necessary for me to make a decision on Wuerhosaurus which I truly prefer.

thomasw100

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on April 26, 2024, 03:46:28 PMYaaay another brownie...
Tho' I got both Haolonggood's Wuerhosaurus and Vitae's (I bought it at bargain price way before Haolonggood's), I really like this chonker plates. I'll wait at Summer sale or 11:11 for buying it, since it will be at least 30 bucks.

PNSO were facing a dilemma when it comes to the paint design of the Wuerhosaurus. If they had gone for green with red plates, they would have faced the criticism that this would be yet another stegosaur with the classic color scheme and nothing new. Now they have gone for brown, and obviously they will face criticism for yet another brown dinosaur. If they had gone for something gray, they would have faced criticism for choosing a dull color scheme. I think they have opted for a reasonable compromise. They used brown color to set the Wuerhosaurus apart from the other stegosaurs they have released and they added the color accents on the plates to set this apart from the all brown with brown stripes dinosaurs.

thomasw100

Quote from: Flaffy on April 26, 2024, 04:05:21 PMPaint application and execution certainly looks a lot more professional compared to the squiggly lines on HLG's Wuerhosaurus. The colour choice however is really really boring though. I vastly prefer how HLG tackled the plates, especially the surface detail and how they transition smoothly into skin. The vertical lines on PNSO's feels ameturish by comparison, especially so with how nicely their Museum Series Stegosaurus's detailing came out.

I reckon in-hand side by side comparisons will be necessary for me to make a decision on Wuerhosaurus which I truly prefer.

But note how they have added a ring of differently textured skin surrounding the plates. Like what they did for the osteoderms on the Alamosaurus. I agree that the growth grooves on the plates are overly simplistic though. I would have also preferred if they would have restored the plates to the more pointy shape that is now believed to be the correct one.

[/quote]

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Sim on April 26, 2024, 02:35:57 PMNooo!  I prefer Haolonggood's Wuerhosaurus, so PNSO's is one I won't get.  It feels like a waste of release, why didn't they make something that doesn't already have good representation?  Also, Wuerhosaurus is known from poor remains, I don't understand why companies keep making it, first Vitae, then Haolonggood, now PNSO... :-\

I mentioned this a while back but I hate the whole, this company cant make this figure cuz this other company made it. Its like saying that no paleo artist can draw the same dinosaur because one claimed it before the other. Every company has their own style that one might like more than the other and well yeah, I like this a lot more than the HLG one, so I don't feel like this is a waist at all. Also the whole brown thing is over dramatic in my opinion, yes there's brown but there's also orange, red, and blues (the flashy color everyone seems to like), I don't say any of that to come after anyone, just hate to see the hate towards a nice figure, especially considering pnso is doing really good to right the wrongs of last year, so far this year has brought us relatively colorful herbivore which was all we where asking for last year.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks nice but not a priority at all for me. Coloration is always a problem when you've made so many dinosaurs..what can you possibly do that's different and still attractive enough? I usually try and take a few favorite elements and mix them.  You could also try something totally outlandish. At least it's not hot pink.  ;)

Carnoking

What I really love about this particular color scheme is how it's more predominantly yellow in the front but transitions to a predominantly brown in the back. That, and the accent colors of the plates, makes it look like it has multiple unique color schemes all in one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: