News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

SHOWANNA - New for 2025

Started by Concavenator, April 23, 2024, 07:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Bread on April 28, 2024, 01:14:34 PMavatar_Over9K @Over9K good catch.

I'd like to also note in case anyone is worried that the original artist, Vlad Konstantinov, is not getting enough credit. This is a project he's working on with Showanna as usual. And although he does not state if more PVC 1/35 scale models are to come, I assume they'll do this again with as Over9K showed, Giganotosaurus, Mapusaurus, Spinosaurus, etc...

I've noticed this company and artist lean more towards therapods, just as an FYI.
I'm glad to hear that Konstantinov is the artist. I seem to remember that he was reputed to be the sculptor of the Schleich Spinosaurus (and maybe others too), during that company's very brief renaissance, a sculpt of which I have a copy and still admire, despite it being a bit dated now.

Concavenator

Quote from: Bread on April 28, 2024, 01:14:34 PMAnd although he does not state if more PVC 1/35 scale models are to come, I assume they'll do this again with as Over9K showed, Giganotosaurus, Mapusaurus, Spinosaurus, etc...

I've noticed this company and artist lean more towards therapods, just as an FYI.

He said this:

I have to say all those theropods would be a pass for me... HOWEVER, if they make a 1:35 PVC version of their Big Al...

COUNT ME IN.

When Tyrannosaurus is concerned though, I still plan to go with Eofauna's. Still, I hope this Showanna Tyrannosaurus sells like hot cakes so the line continues. This would seriously be fantastic news for the scientifically accurate dinosaur figure market!

S @SidB Guess he was simply too good for Schleich.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Preordered.  I'm a little curious about the shipping as Lana usually has free shipping or at most 2.00 for any of the midsized and smaller PNSO and HLG releases.

Bread

S @SidB I had no clue he had sculpted that Spinosaurus for schleich! It makes sense since it does look quite different from the rest of their entire line.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I second that! I've preordered this Tyrannosaurus, but the rest of the other therapods by him are a pass for me. They look excellent but too many large therapods are a crowd for me, although the big Al would be the rule breaker!

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 28, 2024, 07:01:07 PMPreordered.  I'm a little curious about the shipping as Lana usually has free shipping or at most 2.00 for any of the midsized and smaller PNSO and HLG releases.
I'm going to assume if anything it would be standard shipping cost, if it's not free, for U.S. customers. Crossing my fingers for it to be free.

Flaffy

Now it's not like I need another rex in my collection or anything... but I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a goshdarn beautiful rex. First ever figure of Scotty too I believe? Most scientific rex figures out there are either based on Sue or AMNH iirc.

Carnoking

Quote from: Flaffy on April 29, 2024, 01:46:29 AMNow it's not like I need another rex in my collection or anything... but I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a goshdarn beautiful rex. First ever figure of Scotty too I believe? Most scientific rex figures out there are either based on Sue or AMNH iirc.

This is a good way to look at it. Do I need just another T. rex? Not at all. Is it cool to have different very specifically designed models that represent notable and iconic specimens of the same animal? Heck yeah!

SidB

When it comes to Rexy, it can be very tough to say NO to a really good new one. Especially when one can at least partially justify the buy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on April 28, 2024, 11:55:50 PMS @SidB I had no clue he had sculpted that Spinosaurus for schleich! It makes sense since it does look quite different from the rest of their entire line.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I second that! I've preordered this Tyrannosaurus, but the rest of the other therapods by him are a pass for me. They look excellent but too many large therapods are a crowd for me, although the big Al would be the rule breaker!

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 28, 2024, 07:01:07 PMPreordered.  I'm a little curious about the shipping as Lana usually has free shipping or at most 2.00 for any of the midsized and smaller PNSO and HLG releases.
I'm going to assume if anything it would be standard shipping cost, if it's not free, for U.S. customers. Crossing my fingers for it to be free.

Turns out it was 20.00  I guess rates have gone up or this in particular is more costly. 80.00 vs a 100.00 and you get it painted vs having to pay for it is still a fair deal.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2024, 03:05:49 AM
Quote from: Bread on April 28, 2024, 11:55:50 PMS @SidB I had no clue he had sculpted that Spinosaurus for schleich! It makes sense since it does look quite different from the rest of their entire line.

Turns out it was 20.00  I guess rates have gone up or this in particular is more costly. 80.00 vs a 100.00 and you get it painted vs having to pay for it is still a fair deal.

One of the reasons I haven't picked up the Dino Dream raptors is the 50 dollar shipping cost? Not sure why it's so high.
It's nice that Lana doesn't typically charge much for shipping, or shipping at all, but when they do it does hurt a bit.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on April 29, 2024, 04:02:45 AM

One of the reasons I haven't picked up the Dino Dream raptors is the 50 dollar shipping cost? Not sure why it's so high.
It's nice that Lana doesn't typically charge much for shipping, or shipping at all, but when they do it does hurt a bit.

That's odd to me as well since when I bought them they were free shipping I think?    Have you signed up for an account with them?

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on April 29, 2024, 01:58:30 AMThis is a good way to look at it. Do I need just another T. rex? Not at all. Is it cool to have different very specifically designed models that represent notable and iconic specimens of the same animal? Heck yeah!

Yes! With this I'll have AMNH5027 (Winter Wilson), Sue (Cameron), Stan (W-Dragon) and Scotty. Gonna need a Wankel/Nation's, and a Trix, and a Peck's, and a Tristan, and a... and...

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on April 29, 2024, 09:39:18 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on April 29, 2024, 01:58:30 AMThis is a good way to look at it. Do I need just another T. rex? Not at all. Is it cool to have different very specifically designed models that represent notable and iconic specimens of the same animal? Heck yeah!

Yes! With this I'll have AMNH5027 (Winter Wilson), Sue (Cameron), Stan (W-Dragon) and Scotty. Gonna need a Wankel/Nation's, and a Trix, and a Peck's, and a Tristan, and a... and...
Just putting this out there, since Showanna and Vlad are really big therapod fans, I wouldn't doubt another PVC 1:35 scale Tyrannosaurus down the line...

They've shown to produce Tyrannosaurus specifically a few times within the last few years. Similar sculpts but different poses.

thebermuda303

I'm aware I'm repeating myself in every single conversation. BUT, showanna might bring us the first actually accurate Tarbosaurus. It's weird only Schleich decided to jump on it after it's appearance in PrePlanet.

Concavenator

Are we back with Showanna?  :o

I don't know, but I happened to find this image in a Baidu thread where some people were talking about the Scotty figure, and they mention "2026".

Appears to be a Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan.

This is the source, if anyone wants to take a closer look.

avatar_thebermuda303 @thebermuda303 The BotM Tarbosaurus is top notch. But yeah, it is huge, very expensive and articulated.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

If that really is coming in 2026 that's hype asf!

thebermuda303

Quote from: Concavenator on April 29, 2024, 06:27:23 PM

I don't know, but I happened to find this image in a Baidu thread where some people were talking about the Scotty figure, and they mention "2026".

avatar_thebermuda303 @thebermuda303 The BotM Tarbosaurus is top notch. But yeah, it is huge, very expensive and articulated.

Botm one is indeed out of my league, both in size and price. Also it's head is too narrow to be accurate. Also should be a bit more robust, though that might be the problem of sharing a body with daspleto and so on.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: thebermuda303 on April 29, 2024, 08:44:31 PM

Botm one is indeed out of my league, both in size and price. Also it's head is too narrow to be accurate. Also should be a bit more robust, though that might be the problem of sharing a body with daspleto and so on.

You sure about the head being too narrow? Tarbo's head was surprisingly thin. Especially compared to Rex.

thebermuda303

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 29, 2024, 08:54:30 PM
Quote from: thebermuda303 on April 29, 2024, 08:44:31 PM

You sure about the head being too narrow? Tarbo's head was surprisingly thin. Especially compared to Rex.
That's an outdated info based on a crushed skull. Actually tarbosaurus' head was more in line with Daspletosaurus. Snout being even wider than in t rex.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I could see it being crushed, but I'm certain it's not wider than rex lmao.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2024, 04:47:41 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on April 29, 2024, 04:02:45 AM

That's odd to me as well since when I bought them they were free shipping I think?    Have you signed up for an account with them?

Yes, I do have an account with Lana. Checking again, shipping is now down to 40 dollars, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: