News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, August 26, 2023, 10:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

It's nice to see the Dakotaraptor being available on its own.  I think I would actually get it if it had a more natural-looking pose.  On Schleich's English website they say "Its scaly skin and sharp claws make it a fascinating hunter."  It has some scaly skin, but it's more feathered and that's what I would have chosen to describe it.  I hope Schleich will make an accurate Velociraptor one day...

PumperKrickel

The Dakotaraptor looks almost identical to the Deinonychus from the Ark games. Even as someone who used to defend Schleich viciously, there's no defending this laziness.

Sim

I just looked up the Ark Deinonychus and I don't really see a resemblance in the Schleich Dakotaraptor...

Faelrin

I play Ark and there is barely any resemblance to Schleich's figure other then both having feathers and a scaly face. The placement and shape of the feathers are completely different on the Ark Deinonychus.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PumperKrickel

I think it's a distractingly close match, but I'm happy to be alone in thinking that.

DragonRider02

It looks like as if it was sculpted out of ramen block.

GojiraGuy1954

I don't see the resemblance here, but Schleich is absolutely no stranger to stealing designs from other media lol
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

PumperKrickel

At the very least I think it looks more like an ARK Deinonychus than any reconstruction of Dakotaraptor I've seen.
 :))

Flaffy

Schleich is a company with immense resources, it's a shame they just refuse to do anything with it. (for the love of god just hire Vlad again for the dino sculpts)

crazy8wizard

I don't love the Dakotaraptor and it's far from accurate but I don't hate it either. It would make for a fun Dinosaurs in The Wild repaint since I long since missed the boat on that figure. (Unless someone here could help)

CityRaptor

And another "new" figure. The yellow Triceratops previously only available with another vehicle:
https://www.schleich-s.com/de/DE/dinosaurs/produkte/triceratops-gelb-72259.html

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

That's interesting, it reflects recent discoveries about how Triceratops would put off predators by looking and smelling like moldy cheese.

Faelrin

So I noticed the re-released non set versions of the Dakotaraptor and Triceratops are both limited edition, and only available on schleich's website. So I guess if anyone wants either of these get them soon then.

While going to update the op, I noticed another new set (Attack of the dinosaurs trio), with repacks of the Ankylosaurus, Baryonyx, and a new repainted Giganotosaurus). I think the coloration looks better then the previous version.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PrimevalRaptor

That Triceratops is funny, the bigger scales being painted was something that kinda put me off the model for some reason (I guess cause they most likely weren't arranged like this and the paint emphasizes them) so I would have picked up a repaint maybe since the sculpt is surprisingly good but turning it into a block of cheese is not helping it lol

suspsy

Quote from: Faelrin on May 02, 2024, 09:01:57 PMSo I noticed the re-released non set versions of the Dakotaraptor and Triceratops are both limited edition, and only available on schleich's website. So I guess if anyone wants either of these get them soon then.

While going to update the op, I noticed another new set (Attack of the dinosaurs trio), with repacks of the Ankylosaurus, Baryonyx, and a new repainted Giganotosaurus). I think the coloration looks better then the previous version.

I don't understand why Schleich didn't repaint the Baryonyx and the Ankylosaurus while they were at it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on May 03, 2024, 01:01:53 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on May 02, 2024, 09:01:57 PMSo I noticed the re-released non set versions of the Dakotaraptor and Triceratops are both limited edition, and only available on schleich's website. So I guess if anyone wants either of these get them soon then.

I don't understand why Schleich didn't repaint the Baryonyx and the Ankylosaurus while they were at it.
Probably weren't selling well and had to justify a repack lol
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on May 03, 2024, 01:01:53 PMI don't understand why Schleich didn't repaint the Baryonyx and the Ankylosaurus while they were at it.

Because there are Schleich completists who will buy this just for the repainted Giga. Why waste money repainting the others when the set will sell just fine with one ~exclusive~?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dilopho

I got to see Schleich's Quetzalcoatlus(?) In store today,it's probably the best wing articulation on any pterosaur figure I've seen.

crazy8wizard

The Quetzalcoatlus is a really neat experiment but it still reminds me that there really isn't a good way to make an articulated pterosaur with wings that fold correctly. The closest I've seen, weirdly enough, wasn't even on a real pterosaur, but on the S.H. Monsterarts Singular Point Rodan.

stargatedalek

Personally I can't stand that Rodan, impressive range of motion aside the wings look like a puzzle and just don't look natural in pretty well any pose I found. I think Hasbro's JP3 "Alpha Pteranodon" did it best. Similar joint to Mattels but placed far more subtly. That with articulation in the shoulder and fingers so it could have a landed pose would be ideal I think.

Mattels Amber/Hammond collection pterosaurs are ok but the thick rubbery wing finger looks off for the size of the body, could look good on something larger maybe.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: