News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, August 26, 2023, 10:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on December 11, 2023, 08:02:49 PMI'll be honest I'm almost tempted to get the Bajadasaurus if I didn't already have the (superior) CollectA version. I'm a sucker for Dicraeosaurids.
I nibbled at that possibility for an instant too, but that was it, and for the same reason.

Prehistory Resurrection

andrewsaurus rex

wow, I don't understand how Schleich  dinosaur figures keep selling.  This new bunch are ghastly.  They're not even very good by the standards of the 1990's.   Moros has the face of a primate and it looks like its legs partially melted during the molding process.  Is the Brachiosaurus supposed to be a baby or something?  Baja is the only one that is close to reasonable.

Takama

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on December 13, 2023, 06:25:42 PMwow, I don't understand how Schleich  dinosaur figures keep selling.  This new bunch are ghastly.  They're not even very good by the standards of the 1990's.   Moros has the face of a primate and it looks like its legs partially melted during the molding process.  Is the Brachiosaurus supposed to be a baby or something?  Baja is the only one that is close to reasonable.

The Brachio is a repaint of a figure from 2017.

To answer your qustion

CAPITALISIUM

"There everywhere Itell you EVERYWHERE!   
I cant take one darn step without finding their products"

suspsy

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on December 13, 2023, 06:25:42 PMwow, I don't understand how Schleich  dinosaur figures keep selling.  This new bunch are ghastly.  They're not even very good by the standards of the 1990's.   Moros has the face of a primate and it looks like its legs partially melted during the molding process.  Is the Brachiosaurus supposed to be a baby or something?  Baja is the only one that is close to reasonable.

Schleich is the McDonald's of prehistoric toy companies, as I've noted before. McDonald's hamburgers are decidedly inferior in taste and quality to many other franchises', not to mention local burger joints. And yet McDonald's is the most successful fast food chain in the damn planet. It's all about marketing and being aggressive.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Gwangi

To the masses they have the illusion of being good. I've known a few people that "collect" dinosaurs but only have Schleich figures. It's because they're casual collectors that don't know much about dinosaurs. They see Schleich in stores and they look better than Cheaposaurs that most stores carry so they must be good. If you don't know how a dinosaur should look then bright colors, large size, articulated jaws, and a lot of detail are enough.

Prehistory Resurrection

Prehistory Resurrection

Faelrin

The color on the final product is much more vibrant then the promo images let on to. A bit small though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

The Moros is a crime against paleoart. The Bajadasaurus has a nice base sculpt, but not sure what happened to the molding? Looks almost smooth in some places, like the detail that was supposed to be there got smudged.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on January 25, 2024, 08:34:02 PMThe Moros is a crime against paleoart. The Bajadasaurus has a nice base sculpt, but not sure what happened to the molding? Looks almost smooth in some places, like the detail that was supposed to be there got smudged.
I'd initially thought that this product had some real potential to be considered, but, compared to the CollectA version, it's a no-go, with it's inexplicable skin texturing. Schleich continues it's downward spiral, dinosaur-wise, IMO.

Libraraptor

I got in contact to Schleich on Instagram. I was by far not the only one in the comments there to criticise their figures mostly being incorrect and ugly. They even thanked me for the comment and said they´d transfer it to the people in charge. No illusions here, it is the usual PR-blabber. In my opinion Schleich has never really cared for people wanting a correct approach. Their target group are probably grandparents needing small presents for their grandchildren.  But maybe constant dripping wears away the stone.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 26, 2024, 05:47:22 AMI got in contact to Schleich on Instagram. I was by far not the only one in the comments there to criticise their figures mostly being incorrect and ugly. They even thanked me for the comment and said they´d transfer it to the people in charge. No illusions here, it is the usual PR-blabber. In my opinion Schleich has never really cared for people wanting a correct approach. Their target group are probably grandparents needing small presents for their grandchildren.  But maybe constant dripping wears away the stone.

Why is Schleich so important to us? I for one don't give a damn. I got used to seeing them as a company that just doesn't make good Dinosaur figures.
 It's like begging Helene Fischer to make good music :o . Forget about it ;D !

Paleo Flo

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 26, 2024, 08:35:58 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 26, 2024, 05:47:22 AMI got in contact to Schleich on Instagram. I was by far not the only one in the comments there to criticise their figures mostly being incorrect and ugly. They even thanked me for the comment and said they´d transfer it to the people in charge. No illusions here, it is the usual PR-blabber. In my opinion Schleich has never really cared for people wanting a correct approach. Their target group are probably grandparents needing small presents for their grandchildren.  But maybe constant dripping wears away the stone.

Why is Schleich so important to us? I for one don't give a damn. I got used to seeing them as a company that just doesn't make good Dinosaur figures.

Word bro! Can't stop laughing  :))
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Libraraptor

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 26, 2024, 08:35:58 AM

;D  ;D  ;D

But please let me add a little more: Schleich is not important. I am just angry that they care so much for recent animals while totally denying prehistoric animals the care and attention they need. It´s like for this section they have designers who don´t give a damn.

PrimevalRaptor

It really is a shame like sure the Replica-saurus days were far from perfect but at least back then it felt like they tried. Nowadays the models really are hit or miss and even the good ones often pale to other companies. But I guess Schleich can afford it with how they seem to have an iron grip on the market in Germany at least (sadly).

CityRaptor

The Dakotaraptor is now availbale on its own:
https://www.schleich-s.com/de/DE/catalog/product/view/id/13021/s/Dakotaraptor-72260

Yep, you can now get it without having to buy a vehicle or one of those Colby brothers...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

CarnotaurusKing

Didn't they already make a Dakotaraptor?   :P

https://us.schleich-s.com/products/hawskbill-sea-turtle-14876

Spoiler
I know the turtle bits came from the trionychid Axestemys, not a sea turtle.
[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: