News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Cretaceous Hunter on June 04, 2024, 03:25:23 PMFor those interested, there was a large release of designer/artist style on Amazon that just posted.

Kosmoceratops, Tlatolophus, Chasmosaurus, and Nasutoceratops

Managed to just barely catch the green Kosmoceratops as a b-day gift for my sister lol.

thomasw100

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on June 04, 2024, 06:28:34 PM
Quote from: Cretaceous Hunter on June 04, 2024, 03:25:23 PMFor those interested, there was a large release of designer/artist style on Amazon that just posted.

Managed to just barely catch the green Kosmoceratops as a b-day gift for my sister lol.

Honestly, these designer editions do not really interest me. They are very difficult to get and quite expensive. I rather prefer to send some of my Haolonggood models to one of the paleoartists that do repaints and also customization of sculpt details. This way I get some issues like very visible seam lines fixed and in addition I get a very unique piece of paleoart.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 04, 2024, 07:06:51 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on June 04, 2024, 06:28:34 PM

Honestly, these designer editions do not really interest me. They are very difficult to get and quite expensive. I rather prefer to send some of my Haolonggood models to one of the paleoartists that do repaints and also customization of sculpt details. This way I get some issues like very visible seam lines fixed and in addition I get a very unique piece of paleoart.

Originals look better and much cheaper.

Elengassen

I do like the look of some of them, although they are expensive. But I'm not in the US so I can't get them anyway  ::)
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Last week my purple/pink Maisaura figure arrived and, of course, a Two Medicine formation photoshoot was needed:

This pup is plotting something...boo!

A calm mother knows the energy of its playful child, must find food through the plains

The Pikes from Two Medicine: Edmontonia (rugodisens) and Scolosaurus cutleri.

the kid senses something... someone... ft. Einiosaurus

Oh, you're approaching me?

A [menacing] Daspletosaurus emerges from the dense forest. But not this time Das.

Final photos
(Two medicine species in my current collection)

And the obliged photo alongside Ancestors' Tlatolophus

I have ordered green Gastonia on this current sale for roughly 15 usd through AE, waiting for Stegosaurus ungulatus herd to be finally unveiled.  ;)

Quiversaurus

Great photos (and story) as usual, avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum !

I can't wait for the S. ungulatus reveal as well. Any day now, I hope!

vampiredesign

I usually fix the flaws and gaps on the model, including some modifications. They are all made using sculpture homework and paint standards. We will use realistic and artistic patterns and colors. Players who have made purchases will know that the pricing of the repainting we receive in China will be higher than this price, and we will need to wait in line. My arrival indicates that a new product is coming soon.

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on June 06, 2024, 02:44:02 PMI usually fix the flaws and gaps on the model, including some modifications. They are all made using sculpture homework and paint standards. We will use realistic and artistic patterns and colors. Players who have made purchases will know that the pricing of the repainting we receive in China will be higher than this price, and we will need to wait in line. My arrival indicates that a new product is coming soon.

Now we can start guessing what will be the next release. An obvious candidate could be of course the Stegosaurus ungulatus. But my feeling is that the new release would be something different. It is not so long ago that the prototype images of the Stegosaurus were released and I would think that the time would be too short to complete production and packing this in sufficiently large quantities.

thomasw100

OK one new product seems to be coming very soon, the very large base. Paleofiguras published some photos of the final version with dinosaurs in place. If they would just start producing scientifically accurate Jurassic and Cretaceous plants and trees. That would be so nice.

Pinbacker

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 06, 2024, 03:13:51 PM
Quote from: vampiredesign on June 06, 2024, 02:44:02 PMI usually fix the flaws and gaps on the model, including some modifications. They are all made using sculpture homework and paint standards. We will use realistic and artistic patterns and colors. Players who have made purchases will know that the pricing of the repainting we receive in China will be higher than this price, and we will need to wait in line. My arrival indicates that a new product is coming soon.

Now we can start guessing what will be the next release. An obvious candidate could be of course the Stegosaurus ungulatus. But my feeling is that the new release would be something different. It is not so long ago that the prototype images of the Stegosaurus were released and I would think that the time would be too short to complete production and packing this in sufficiently large quantities.

Seems to me we are about due for a ceratopsian or a therapod...

SenSx

I really hope they release the Brachiosaurus this year  :'(

thomasw100

Quote from: SenSx on June 06, 2024, 05:02:35 PMI really hope they release the Brachiosaurus this year  :'(

I do also hope for at least one of the large sauropods, either the Brachiosaurus or the Argentinosaurus. Maybe Brachiosaurus still this year and then Argentinosaurus next year to conclude the Year of the Dragon. And then who knows? A Diplodocus, a Supersaurus or a Patagotitan? Maybe even a Barosaurus or Maraapunisaurus?

Faelrin

That base looks very nice, particularly for a hell creek display due to the Triceratops skull. I hope they do one for Jurassic Morrison animals in the future.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on June 06, 2024, 05:46:20 PMThat base looks very nice, particularly for a hell creek display due to the Triceratops skull. I hope they do one for Jurassic Morrison animals in the future.

Wow I didn't even notice the Triceratops skull there. It's interesting as a scale marker - usually the scales for bases are left ambiguous so one has a wider variety of options for which figures to use it with, but since this has a Triceratops skull, it makes it more suited to figures in that scale.

Nice touch HLG.

thomasw100

Quote from: Quiversaurus on June 07, 2024, 04:32:28 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on June 06, 2024, 05:46:20 PMThat base looks very nice, particularly for a hell creek display due to the Triceratops skull. I hope they do one for Jurassic Morrison animals in the future.

Wow I didn't even notice the Triceratops skull there. It's interesting as a scale marker - usually the scales for bases is left ambiguous so one has a wider variety of options for which figures to use it with, but since this has a Triceratops skull, it makes it more suited to figures in that scale.

Nice touch HLG.

Actually this was the only issue I had with that base as I have only figures in 1:35 scale. But as there are no other commercially available bases of that size and even Haolonggood displayed their 1:35 scale figures on that base, I decided to ordered. I may potentially remove that skull and repaint that area if this is possible. If not, I just live with it. Or cover it with some vegetation. It is a very nice base after all.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 06, 2024, 05:39:50 PM
Quote from: SenSx on June 06, 2024, 05:02:35 PMI really hope they release the Brachiosaurus this year  :'(

I do also hope for at least one of the large sauropods, either the Brachiosaurus or the Argentinosaurus. Maybe Brachiosaurus still this year and then Argentinosaurus next year to conclude the Year of the Dragon. And then who knows? A Diplodocus, a Supersaurus or a Patagotitan? Maybe even a Barosaurus or Maraapunisaurus?

thomasw100

Unfortunately, I have very disconcerting news about this large base from Haolonggood. Lana Time Shop has contacted me today and informed me that there have been cases of this base fracturing right through the middle during transport (see pictures below). Lana has offered to cancel the order and receive a full refund and stated that they can ship this with more protective packing but in this case if I would take the risk they would not be able to cover any losses.

I have then reached out to Lana with some more specific questions and obviously Haolonggood has carried out drop tests with the package and if dropped on the flow from a height of 1 meter the base will fracture. I then asked Lana if Haolonggood could consider to potentially cut the base into two pieces and adding a connector so that these two smaller parts would be safer to ship as the base right now is a long and thin structure which is obviously prone to damage. Lana told me that Haolonggood has obviously stated to them that they could not provide any solution.

I am very sorry but Haolonggood cannot just ignore the problem and state that they cannot do anything about it. One option would be to reconsider to produce a second batch of this base potentially in two separate parts so that it would be modular and that the two parts could be attached to each other with connectors or screws. Many collectors including myself were highly anticipating this base. Vampiredesign should address these issues here on this forum right away. Haolonggood must provide information how in case of damage the base could be repaired. We have to be informed from which material it is made and with what type of glue or epoxy it can be glued together if fractured during shipping.

To be honest, I am not sure if I should cancel my order or take the risk. Lana has promised me that they would pack the base with the original box into an additional outer box with a lot of protective material in between. This may be enough to secure the shipment, but I do not know.

I had originally ordered the shipment with railway transport to Germany. Maybe one could arrange here on the forum a way to combine orders from people from Germany and adjacent countries and Lana could ship these bases together in a large reinforced wooden crate. People would then pick up the bases from the recipient of that wooden crate. These are just some ideas I would like to open for discussion.

Carnoking

I'm getting Nanmu brachiosaurus flashbacks!

BlueKrono

It's unfortunate that things still continue to be made of delicate polystone or whatever this is when plastics exist.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

It happens to large thin pieces like this.  In my opinion I don't see the appeal really. One could easily make a diorama like this without a ton of effort or skill.  Model railroaders have been doing it forever.  If you do decide to get it and it breaks like this it's not hard to repair. Nothing at all like trying to sculpt skin detail on a damaged model.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: