News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, February 01, 2024, 10:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnotaurusKing

Long overdue for a new Saltasaurus/Neuquensaurus, and this new model ticks all the boxes. Similar style to the 2018 Malawisaurus and Amargasaurus, wonder if it's the same person. It was even rumored the latter models were sculpted by Forest Rogers. Either way, can't wait for this one.

Great selection all around. Glad to see Safari's still going strong. Hoping we see more angles of these models soon.

Carnoking

That Megalosaurus is just pristine

SpartanSquat

Megalo reminds me a lot to an australian water dragon! The sculpt reminds me to forest rogers style!
Im wondering who did the salta, looks beautifull!

bmathison1972

Sorry, I got a bit of a chuckle out of this, but it kinda looks like the Megalosaurus is giving the double middle finger to someone!  ;D  ;D  ;D

EDIT: it's still a great figure and will be an instant purchase for me :)

bettashark

Oh the Megalosaurus is a thing of beauty! Especially since it'll actually be affordable!

Primeval12

The Austroraptor and Megalosaurus are must buys for me. I may get the other two, probably the Nanuqsaurus.

SenSx

Megalosaurus looks great, I hope it fits the 1/35 scale.
I'm almost hesitant to have even if I alwready own the PNSO with lips.

Elengassen

Great lineup! Was waiting for proper photos before giving my opinion, but now they've been released, I can say I'll probably be getting all of these except the Nanuqsaurus (which is a genus I'm not interested in anyway).
Megalosaurus is the star of the bunch IMO. I was quite tempted by the PNSO one, even though it's lipless, but I'm glad now that I didn't go for it. (Edit: also the colour scheme looks very similar to the WWD T. rex!)
Austroraptor looks really good as well, although I'd personally have preferred a more subdued colour scheme like the Prehistoric Planet one.
Saltasaurus looks nice but a bit rough compared to the others. Still, it's good to have an up-to-date figure of this genus, so I'll likely get it if nobody else makes one any time soon.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Gwangi

I might get all of these but the Nanuqsaurus is the least exciting for me. The most exciting are the Austroraptor and Megalosaurus. The Megalosaurus is absolutely beautiful and I daresay that I like it more than PNSO's. Can't pass it up.

Prehistory Resurrection

The Megalosaurus is very stunning indeed. From the eye-catching colors to the sculpt, it's a home-run.

The Saltasaurus is good. I guess by now, most of the species made for the retired Carnegie line have new figures.The colour scheme is simple yet effective. From Malawisaurus to Patagotitan and now Saltasaurus, Safari ltd's selection of titanosaurids is quite diverse. Hopefully we'll see the more popular Argentinosaurus in the future.

As for the Nanuqsaurus, I really like the color scheme and pose more than CollectA's. CollectA's was good too, but the pose could be better and the figure could be bigger. It could be an alternative to CollectA's for those who don't have CollectA's.

The Austroraptor is good, but in my opinion such flashy colors would put it at a disadvantage when hunting prey. Also the colors chosen are quite similar to that of the Citipati figure. But still, good figure. The first figure we had of Austroraptor was that of Mattel's if I'm not mistaken and was not scientifically accurate. Glad to see one that actually is.

All in all, fantastic line-up.

PrimevalRaptor

Okay yeah seeing clearer images, that Megalosaurus is absolutely beautiful, wouldn't mind having this and the CollectA both! Also big fan of the reddish hues on the Saltasaurus, nice breakaway from the classic drab tones on many sauropods.

GojiraGuy1954

How on earth did the convention lighting make that Saltasaurus figure look grey???

I think i'll get at least 3 out of these four though. Still mixed on the Nanuqsaurus' sculpt, but it's definitely not horrible. Not like there are any other better options for a Nanuqsaurus on the market.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Chasmosaurus

I really like the Megalosaurus. I have the impression that it was sculpted by Doug Watson and not the Austroraptor.
All in all, 2024 was a good year for Safaris figures.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

MLMjp

Color me impressed with the Megalosaurus and Saltasaurus.

Fembrogon

Ahhhh, they're all so beautiful, I forgot how much I was going through Safari withdrawal.  :))
I concur that the Megalosaurus looks to be the standout figure, but all four will definitely be joining my collection. Saltasaurus and Austroraptor in particular are two genera that feel like they've been overdue for (new) figures.

Faelrin

These are all lovely additions. Really can't believe how fast that Austroraptor has shown up, what with last year's Utahraptor. Love to see it though.

Glad to have Megalosaurus this year too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shane

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on July 29, 2024, 05:56:58 PMHow on earth did the convention lighting make that Saltasaurus figure look grey???

The underside, for what it's worth, IS gray. but there's a substantial amount of reddish on the upper body that largely didn't translate in the photos from the convention floor. Either due to the lighting or due to the angles of the photos.

There's also some nice purple accent stripes along the neck and tail.

Silvanusaurus

Aaaaaaaahhh... That megalosaurus is a stunner. Possibly the best looking safari theropod I've seen. I don't care for the spray painted looking colours but with a repaint this would definitely look superior to PNSO's. The lips make such a difference. If only its mouth was closed, then it would be perfect. The nanuqsaurus looks a bit, dare I say, Recur-ish?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

S @Shane I've got a question, as a safari insider do you have any idea what scale these new figs are at?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: