News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Just a few JW additions this time.
JW Epic Evolution Altispinax

Hammond Collection Therizinosaurus

Hammond Collection Giganotosaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Primeval12 on July 22, 2024, 01:01:46 AMCommissioned my friend to paint this for me. Safari Concavenator with Carnegie colors! The perfect Concavenator IMHO

Drat, I didn't check this thread for a while and Facebook has changed the image URL so I can't see it.

avatar_SenSx @SenSx those are cool. Options are definitely limited for animals like that in 1:35. Congrats!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I've acquired:

1. Haolonggood grey Saichania.  It's sculpted so well!  The colouration too is high-quality.  It makes me happy to hold and look at it!

2. PNSO Nanotyrannus.  I wanted to see this figure in person as I was unsure if I wanted it.  It's quite high-quality, but I've been able to see it's not for me.  I'll be putting it for sale.

Primeval12

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 27, 2024, 09:11:25 PM
Quote from: Primeval12 on July 22, 2024, 01:01:46 AMCommissioned my friend to paint this for me. Safari Concavenator with Carnegie colors! The perfect Concavenator IMHO

Drat, I didn't check this thread for a while and Facebook has changed the image URL so I can't see it.

avatar_SenSx @SenSx those are cool. Options are definitely limited for animals like that in 1:35. Congrats!

I'll repost it after the John Lodge concert !

Primeval12

Primeval12

avatar_Sim @Sim Dibs on the Nano! (Depending on the price... Car stuff is due)

Sim

Quote from: Primeval12 on July 28, 2024, 05:07:59 AMavatar_Sim @Sim Dibs on the Nano! (Depending on the price... Car stuff is due)
It's available now for £15.  If that's too much for you I might lower its price, if no-one else wants it at that price.

SenSx

My latest batch from Everything Dinosaur, arrived very fast and very well protected, thanks to them !

Very happy to finally get this guy after a long wait for Europe, I really like its small size.

partage en ligne gratuit

A lovely PNSO baby rex

Will use this small Gigantoraptor as a baby one, when someone finally decides to make one as a figure  ::)

Finally got the Rebor Gorrila for a nice duo with the Nanmu V-Rex.
A very nice figure for its price, a great deal, glad I picked this before it is unavailable.

BlueKrono

I've largely stopped buying things as of a few months ago, but when I saw this on the shelf I couldn't resist. A lil treat for wrapping up the sale of our old house this week... That will in turn free up more time to do some reviews I've long had planned. But this Baja - the individually articulated neck spines make for fantastic playability with this toy. If they hadn't made an Ichthyovenator this would probably be my favorite dino the "Jurassic" franchise has ever made.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: Primeval12 on July 28, 2024, 04:46:16 AMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Here is the Concavenator!

Thanks for re-posting! Glad I got to see ir before FB changes the URL again. It looks great!

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono I didn't realize they're articulated. Do they rotate?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 31, 2024, 12:15:13 PM
Quote from: Primeval12 on July 28, 2024, 04:46:16 AMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono I didn't realize they're articulated. Do they rotate?

No, they're on two-way hinges on a track, so they all move in unison. As the neck goes down the spines flare up. A neat effect. The tail also swishes back and forth via a button.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Prehistory Resurrection

50% off on all CollectA dinosaur and prehistoric animal figures at one of my local toy stores. Here's my haul;

It was a very good opportunity to expand my collection.

Also something I got quite recently from there:

Carnoking

The July Acquisitions featuring the likes of HAOLONGGOOD, EoFauna, Safari Ltd, and even a little something from Forgotten Bloodlines!

It was quite the odyssey but after several delays and more than one attempt, I finally got my big blue boi from HAOLONGOOD, the Mamenchisaurus!

Certainly worth the wait!

Speaking of HLG, I've been falling behind on their recent releases but I couldn't hold out when it came to their beautiful new Stegosaurus and Maiasaura. Unfortunately, both my Stego and Maiasaura calf have some pretty horrendous eye paint, but it's hard to be too upset given how much you get for the price with these HLG figures.

And after much delay, Sue finally made it home! I gotta say, I am absolutely delighted by this figure!

As far as the Safari haul goes, I finally managed to get my hands on their retired Inostrancevia for a price I could swallow. When I think back to all the times I saw this in museum gift shops and passed it up in favor of another dinosaur, I die a little inside.

What's important is that I have one now, and my group of Permian Pals continues to grow!

Speaking of Safari, I took advantage of their recent sales to scratch a growing megafauna itch.

Also picked up a few soon-to-be-retired offerings and figures that I had at some point but parted with for this, that, or the other reason.

But maybe the most exciting addition here is the new Stegouros. First new Safari figure I've gotten in a while!

Maybe someday I'll have all their 2023(?) releases.

Also, almost totally forgot I was getting this 3D print after supporting the Forgotten Bloodlines Kickstarter. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with the quality of the print but unfortunately mine arrived with damaged ears. Oh well, if these guys were as rough and tumble as I'm led to believe, I can't imagine their ears would be too pristine. If I ever decide to paint it up, those would make nice injuries to give the figure a little character.

Primeval12

The dinosaur place in Montville, Connecticut USA still has a TON of Inostrancevia for future reference! IDK how many of you are nearby but I just thought I'd let you know. I can also see if I can hook you up (though it's an hour trek for me) :)

Carnoking

Quote from: Primeval12 on August 01, 2024, 01:49:32 PMThe dinosaur place in Montville, Connecticut USA still has a TON of Inostrancevia for future reference! IDK how many of you are nearby but I just thought I'd let you know. I can also see if I can hook you up (though it's an hour trek for me) :)

I'd load up on them the next time I was there if I were you! Certainly wouldn't mind a second as mine came used and has some areas of paint wear.

I was going through some old photos on my phone and saw a picture from a gift shop in 2017(?) where there were about a half dozen of them for 7.95. Oh, what a fool I was!  :'(

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Primeval12 on August 01, 2024, 01:49:32 PMThe dinosaur place in Montville, Connecticut USA still has a TON of Inostrancevia for future reference! IDK how many of you are nearby but I just thought I'd let you know. I can also see if I can hook you up (though it's an hour trek for me) :)

I can confirm this! Primeval12 has helped me find some now discontinued safari dinosaurs there.

Primeval12

Quote from: crazy8wizard on August 01, 2024, 08:22:30 PM

I can confirm this! Primeval12 has helped me find some now discontinued safari dinosaurs there.

Only Inostrancevias left and the 2012(?) Edmontosaurus

Primeval12

Quote from: Carnoking on August 01, 2024, 01:57:08 PM

I'd load up on them the next time I was there if I were you! Certainly wouldn't mind a second as mine came used and has some areas of paint wear.

I was going through some old photos on my phone and saw a picture from a gift shop in 2017(?) where there were about a half dozen of them for 7.95. Oh, what a fool I was!  :'(

I don't like the idea of stockpiling rare toys. I am willing to help others get some though :)

SidB

Well, in popped my latest HLG gem, the Saichania. I'm including it alongside other ankylosaurids for comparison:

The new Saichania front left, PNSO Ankylosaurus to the right, second row - PNSO Zuul, third row - HLG Euplocephalus on the left, PNSO Pinacosaurus on the right, back row - Vitae Jinyunpelta to the left, HLG Tianzhenosaurus the right

Top view

EmperorDinobot

They are all so beautiful S @SidB . I wish I could show them to my sister.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: