News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

I regret not getting this sooner...

Originally I was indifferent to these wave 3 Tyrannosaurs. This was due to their size, and also my disappointment in the 1/35 Tyrannosaurus. I had issues with the 1/35 Tyrannosaurus from the start, bad QC and the "neck hoodie" really bothered me. Well, David took these criticisms and made improvements for the future! Despite my collecting habits being ~1/35 and composed of customs, I still wanted that action figure feel. Well more reviews of these wave 3 Tyrannosaurs continued to come my way and I bit the bullet and purchased my first of the 1/18!

Originally was going to be the Albertosaurus (which will probably be next), but I just loved the colors of the Gorgosaurus too much ;D

Some quick photos, they don't really capture the assortment of poses and playability I've been doing with this figure. And you know I had to accompany the Gorgosaurus with a Dromaeosaur ;)

PrimevalRaptor

Been hunting the Mattel Nothosaurus for over a yea...only to find it in a random supermarket on Saturday. Of course not a flawless model but for what's essentially a Jurassic Park toy it's really great. My Safari toob Nothosaurus is probably still the best one out there but this is finally a great larger figure of this species (while I do have a slight soft spot for the Schleich one admittedly...it certainly pales in comparison)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice catch! I wish it had the newer sharper teeth but it's ok. I like it a lot .  I still can't figure why no one has made a nice larger Nothosaurus yet.

Deinonychus!

Quote from: Bread on August 11, 2024, 04:20:43 PMI regret not getting this sooner...

Originally I was indifferent to these wave 3 Tyrannosaurs. This was due to their size, and also my disappointment in the 1/35 Tyrannosaurus. I had issues with the 1/35 Tyrannosaurus from the start, bad QC and the "neck hoodie" really bothered me. Well, David took these criticisms and made improvements for the future! Despite my collecting habits being ~1/35 and composed of customs, I still wanted that action figure feel. Well more reviews of these wave 3 Tyrannosaurs continued to come my way and I bit the bullet and purchased my first of the 1/18!

Originally was going to be the Albertosaurus (which will probably be next), but I just loved the colors of the Gorgosaurus too much ;D

Some quick photos, they don't really capture the assortment of poses and playability I've been doing with this figure. And you know I had to accompany the Gorgosaurus with a Dromaeosaur ;)

Wooooah. That's a really pretty gorgosaurus. It's so blue!

postsaurischian

Just as it has to be since WWD 3D (that rhymes) :)

Roselaar

Added another foursome of new releases to my JW collection:

Concavenator

Congrats everyone!

avatar_Bread @Bread That Gorgosaurus in particular is a gem. I share your initial concerns about the size, at 1:18 and considering the species' size, it's got to be a pass for me. If a 1:35 version is released down the road however, I'm in!

Fembrogon

My review samples from Happy Hen Toys. Allo looks pretty nice - and Lonesome George is huge!

Fembrogon

Another box from Happy Hen Toys! I'm most impressed by the shipping speed.
I placed this order both out of gratitude and to acquire some complimentary pieces for the eventual reviews.

triceratops83

You managed to snag a couple of Lonesome Georges I see. I also bought the Rebor one for a gift and yes, it is an impressive size.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Roselaar

Some awesome new additions I snagged at my local dino dealer!:

Libraraptor

You have a local Dino-Dealer with such  diversity? We are all schleiched here in Germany.

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 17, 2024, 04:01:16 PMYou have a local Dino-Dealer with such  diversity? We are all schleiched here in Germany.

Yass, I'm lucky with that! They carry Safari, Papo, Schleich, Collecta, Mojo and PNSO! Sadly they're dropping PNSO, as the models are disappointing in sales. They're currently offering discounts on their last few ones, so I snagged the Amargasaurus up at a bargain price. Sad to see PNSO go though, this was the only physical store in the Netherlands that sold them.

need4swede

Hammond Collection Rexy
Head and Teeth: Marco Makes
Feet: Rod's Random Works
Eyes: SyrettTech
Painted by: Shane Foulkes

- Swede

Sim

I've acquired the CollectA Bajadasaurus!  I'm enjoying it and the PNSO Amargasaurus with exposed neck spines!  I just pretend in my mind an evolutionary reason for them to have them as opposed to a sail covering and I'm okay with that. :) 

JimoAi

my most recent haul:

postsaurischian

PNSO Allosaurus Saurophaganax and Wild Safari Stegosaurus look pretty perfect next to each other.

EmperorDinobot

My latest haul, the only prehistoric critters are the $20 T.rex I found at my nearest Walmart, the Papo Stygimoloch I found in Astoria 2 weeks-ish ago, along with a Toyway Bigfoot I found at the Astoria Column, and a Plesiosaur I found at the Pacific Maritime Museum in Astoria. The other stuff was found last week while looking for the Mattel Bajadasaurus.

I wasn't going to buy the plesiosaur initially, but I could not resist the baby dog eyes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice deal on the Rex, I want one for a project but all of mine are still 50.00 despite being on the top shelf with no place to put them anywhere.

EmperorDinobot

If I shipped one to you, you'd still end up paying $50 anyways :/

It's not as good as the Dino Escape or Primal Attack one, the latter one being the best one they've made, even better than the Hammond Collection one, in fact, it's one of the worst, but the action mechanism is fun.

That being said, I doubt many will survive time, and they will be headed for rarity territory. Only fools who think like me will be willing to spend too much for so little. All three of the Walmarts I have access to have been selling them at $20 for the last month or so. Oh, and some seem to work better than others; smoother movements, better paint, etc. Someone explained that they were throwaway figures meant to promote the new show, but I never watched the first one. I was meant to start it on March with my sister.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: