You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Torvosaurus on August 26, 2024, 08:24:31 PM... Most of my models are at the smaller end of those ranges ...
... I know my collection will never rival yours ...

Thanks.
It might just 'rival' it some day - you can never tell ... :)

I also started with 'Regular' models available at different big retailers -
I suppose that is typical for most collectors.
Only later on I gradually became scpecialized in one erea in particular -
having realized a large part of the really cool Vintage ( Resin or Vinyl ) stuff is found in Japan.

BrontoScorpio

thomasw100

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 27, 2024, 08:47:26 AM
Quote from: Torvosaurus on August 26, 2024, 08:24:31 PM... Most of my models are at the smaller end of those ranges ...
... I know my collection will never rival yours ...

Thanks.
It might just 'rival' it some day - you can never tell ... :)

I also started with 'Regular' models available at different big retailers -
I suppose that is typical for most collectors.
Only later on I gradually became scpecialized in one erea in particular -
having realized a large part of the really cool Vintage ( Resin or Vinyl ) stuff is found in Japan.

What made you specialize in these vintage resin kits? I mean there are many nice resin models from studios in China and elsewhere available as well, which you can sometimes even get with custom paint schemes. I kind of get the appeal of rare and unique models.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 27, 2024, 01:31:04 PMWhat made you specialize in these vintage resin kits? I mean there are many nice resin models from studios in China ...

I don't like so much the Resin Chinese stuff - something too aggresive about them.
I settle for the PNSO PVC - and in any case - they are not 'Vintage' .
Maybe because they weren't around when I started collecting.

BrontoScorpio

Now, to sum up the issue of the Kaiyodo DINOLAND Resin ( Master Prototype ) models :

Here are the 6 I have - all 1/20 scale -
on the left the Chasmosaurus by Shinobu Matsumura - and then the  aforementioned five by Araki Kazunari -
The Resin kits at the front - and the equivalent Soft Vinyls at the Back :

As they are marked in the Kaiyodo DINOLAND Vinyl models Catalog :

At this point I think I have even outpaced Don Glut's collection in some ereas - As he only had Vinyl DINOLAND models :

And For the rest of such kits from the DINOLAND Collection - which are out there and alas I do not own yet  :

Those are additional 7 Kaiyodo DINOLAND Resin ( Master Prototype ) models that were offered during the '2023 June Carnage on YAJ' -

Shown hereafter are 5 kits ( Four 1/20 and one 1/35 ) I decided to let go -

And these two 1/35 scale By Matsumura - I just ended up loosing - 

And these are additional 4 DINOLAND Resin kits I happened to stumble across the Net :

- T-rex  1/35
- Antrodemus 1/35
- Brachiosaurus 1/20 - Torso , Parts, Builtup
- Elasmosaurus 1/20

BrontoScorpio

And for a final summary on all the latest Kaiyodo 1/20 Resin kits :

Here once more the Five Resin kits of Araki Kazunari's 1/20 Kaiyodo DINOLAND models - Fully assembled :

And the other group of 5 Kaiyodo 1/20 Resin kits I introduced earlier :

And a joint photo of all 10 Kaiyodo 1/20 Scale Resin kits :

Within are 3 Ceratopsians :

Added the 1/35 Scale Barasaurus - to get a joint shot of 3 Rearing Sauropods :

BrontoScorpio

Now, when I'm done with the introduction of this lot -
I think it's tIme, as promissed, for the collection shot -

Here is my new designated Cabinet -
inside my protected room :

The Top shelf - where the tall ones are :
I gave my precious Barosaurus some safeguard support - just in case of a major tremour ...

Next Shelf - The Kaiyodo 'Dinosaur Museum Series' :

Next Shelf - Some smaller ones - and then big ones - All Japanese Discontinued models  :

Next Shelf - A mixed array of models from all over the world - and underneath - some Japanese - mostly old but some newer models :

Next Shelf - At the Top - By mixed western artist - and bellow are 4 of my five 1/20 DINOLAND Resins :

Bucklander

Wow! What a feast for the eyes. Glorious. They look wonderful unpainted, all together.

BrontoScorpio

Thanks.
I decided against mixing painted and unpainted kits on the same shelf.

Early on, I found that conformity of brands, size, colors etc. within each shelf, is much more pleasant to the eye - at least for my taste.
That's why I kept my painted Resins on different shelves.

thomasw100

Such an impressive collection of top resin models.

You should afford a museum quality display cabinet actually with glass doors and proper protection.

I would always worry that one of these models would fall down from the shelf and break into many pieces.

Torvosaurus

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 28, 2024, 08:01:03 PMThanks.
I decided against mixing painted and unpainted kits on the same shelf.

Early on, I found that conformity of brands, size, colors etc. within each shelf, is much more pleasant to the eye - at least for my taste.
That's why I kept my painted Resins on different shelves.

There is so much to paint on those shelves! ;) LOL

Seriously though, that is an attractive set-up.

Torvo

BrontoScorpio

I voted against glass doors - as you end up seeing the reflection of yourself and the window behind you.

Just to finally wrap up the subject -
Here's my Kaiyodo assembled and painted Resin kits - All in one shelf - all gathered together from previous posts :

Added the non-Kaiyodo painted kits to the shelf -

And some lightning :

And to bottom most shelf at the resin kits Cabinet - All pre-made Resins and Polystone :

A good opportunity to show the new arrangement - As you can see - I have enough of painted Resin/Polystone as it is :

And while we're at it - the new look of my Clay\China\Porcelain shelf :

Opposite the new Resin kits designated Cabinet inside my protected room - there is a books Hive - so - I'll just shove here a pic of its Top wall  ...  :)

And I'm done with kits for now ...

BlueKrono

Nice displays. What is that strident Acrocanthosaurus in the bottom pic?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BrontoScorpio

That is Creative Beast Studio 1/30 Acrocanthosaurus Ver. 2 by David Silva -
Shown here - in my old post - next to the unpainted Ver. 1 ( Discontinued ) - 
That you can also see at the bottom shelf of my Resin cabinet above.

BrontoScorpio

And now starting from scratch ...

on  a completely new subject :

3 new sets of capsule dinos :

BrontoScorpio

1st Capsule set :

Living Creatures Encyclopedia Display Model Collection   Dinosaur 02 ( いきもの大図鑑  ディスプレイモデル コレクション  恐竜02 )
Distributor: Bandai ( バンダイ )
Prototype: Shinzen Takeuchi ( 竹内しんぜん )
form: Gacha ( ガチャ )

The Mini books at each Capsule - The lineop consists of 4 creatures :

Assembled them in no time ...

And the back side :

Along with set Dinosaur 01 - all 8 creatures :

The new look of my cool small Japanese shelf :

And some neon light :

Torvosaurus

On the bottom row, almost in the middle of the display, is a purplish creature with a heavy mane of hair. What is that creature? He looks kind of sad, actually. Edit: Like sad in the emotion, not the condition of the model.

Torvo

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Torvosaurus on August 31, 2024, 01:39:05 AMOn the bottom row, almost in the middle of the display, is a purplish creature with a heavy mane of hair. What is that creature? He looks kind of sad, actually.
Torvo
Yes He does look Sad :) - I think I even expressed this notion myself.

So, about that - on a footnote, Just as a general suggestion with a positive attitude :

I regard this forum as a data blog -
when ever I look for something - either through Google search that would lead me here - or directly in this forum -
I usually find it.

I do Not refer this place as to a Forum 'chat room' - where one keep constantly discuss only the new hot topics of the day.

So, when I find some interesting item in a thread - I imagine I might find additional knowledge base I wasn't even aware of -
and I take it upon myself to sift through this thread back and forth.

I would not presume to ask anyone to go through my entire thread -
but a short probe in it would surely lead you to discover any of the following posts relating to your question -
Here1, Here2 , Here3 , Here4 , etc.

without me having to repeat myself over and over again.

BrontoScorpio

Torvosaurus

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 31, 2024, 09:31:41 PM
Quote from: Torvosaurus on August 31, 2024, 01:39:05 AMOn the bottom row, almost in the middle of the display, is a purplish creature with a heavy mane of hair. What is that creature? He looks kind of sad, actually.
Torvo
Yes He does look Sad :) - I think I even expressed this notion myself.

So, about that - on a footnote, Just as a general suggestion with a positive attitude :

I regard this forum as a data blog -
when ever I look for something - either through Google search that would lead me here - or directly in this forum -
I usually find it.

I do Not refer this place as to a Forum 'chat room' - where one keep constantly discuss only the new hot topics of the day.

So, when I find some interesting item in a thread - I imagine I might find additional knowledge base I wasn't even aware of -
and I take it upon myself to sift through this thread back and forth.

I would not presume to ask anyone to go through my entire thread -
but a short probe in it would surely lead you to discover any of the following posts relating to your question -
Here1, Here2 , Here3 , Here4 , etc.

without me having to repeat myself over and over again.

Fair enough. I forget sometimes that it may have already been discussed. 🙂 You do a great job at pointing out what you have when you get them.

Torvo

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: