News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

SHOWANNA - New for 2025

Started by Concavenator, April 23, 2024, 07:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lana is probably your best bet.

Concavenator

Paleofiguras have shared some teasers for the upcoming PVC Showanna figures.

The one at the top might be a Daspletosaurus?
The 2nd one appears to be an albertosaurine.
The last one appears to be another Tyrannosaurus...

thomasw100

Too bad that they did not include at least one herbivore. The resin statues by Showanna are really great and I expect the PVC models to be really good as well. Maybe next round there would be a herbivore.

Sim

I find it disappointing that the next Showanna figures are all tyrannosauroids.  This hobby is saturated with good tyrannosauroid figures.  And what happened to diversity?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

A couple thoughts: first of all the third teaser seems pretty clearly to just be the tyrannosaurus that was already revealed. Secondly, I'm actually quite excited for Dasp and Alberto/Gorgo as both are species I very much want in my collection, but I really just wasn't happy with pnso or HLG's attempts.

Blade-of-the-Moon

They will probably as nice as the Rex when we see the final product. I to wish it these were some other species though...honestly just about any other one.

Over9K

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on September 06, 2024, 07:56:24 PMA couple thoughts: first of all the third teaser seems pretty clearly to just be the tyrannosaurus that was already revealed.

I think you're right, good eye!

I sent all three images to NCIS Knoxville for enhancement and...

That's definitely the Scotty figure they've already got out for pre-order.

The Alberto/Gorgo results were inconclusive, but check out the "Das"!

Concavenator

Quote from: Over9K on September 07, 2024, 04:58:43 AMThat's definitely the Scotty figure they've already got out for pre-order.

I'm not so sure about that, I think I can spot some differences, highlighted below:

I believe that's going to be a similar, albeit still another, Tyrannosaurus figure. Also, why would they drop a teaser for a figure they've already unveiled? Doesn't make sense IMO.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Showanna is notorious for using the same models but just tweaking them into new poses or adding small details. So who knows? The pose is very similar even if it is a new one.

Concavenator

Quote from: Concavenator on September 06, 2024, 04:33:22 PM

What do you all think the albertosaurine will be? Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus? It's a bit odd, I think I've learnt to tell them apart if I see the two directly compared to each other, but if I'm seeing only one of them, then I find it more difficult.  :P

Personally, I'm hoping it's Gorgosaurus. If that other one is a Daspletosaurus indeed, it would be interesting to have a Gorgosaurus as well, since those two coexisted. Hey, at least I'd take a Gorgosaurus over another Tyrannosaurus;D

Flaffy

I'm happy about these tyrannosaurs since I didn't get PNSO's ones due to their lack of lips.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Flaffy on September 08, 2024, 09:22:27 PMI'm happy about these tyrannosaurs since I didn't get PNSO's ones due to their lack of lips.
Exactly how I feel!

SRF

Quote from: Concavenator on September 08, 2024, 08:20:18 PM

What do you all think the albertosaurine will be? Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus? It's a bit odd, I think I've learnt to tell them apart if I see the two directly compared to each other, but if I'm seeing only one of them, then I find it more difficult.  :P

Personally, I'm hoping it's Gorgosaurus. If that other one is a Daspletosaurus indeed, it would be interesting to have a Gorgosaurus as well, since those two coexisted. Hey, at least I'd take a Gorgosaurus over another Tyrannosaurus;D

Maybe anyone here who can read (I guess) Mandarin could help out? The name of the genus seems to be on the top left of the picture.
But today, I'm just being father

Halzk

Quote from: SRF on September 09, 2024, 09:33:46 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on September 08, 2024, 08:20:18 PM

Maybe anyone here who can read (I guess) Mandarin could help out? The name of the genus seems to be on the top left of the picture.

I used Google Translate and it just means "Late Cretaceous Series". So nope, we still don't know what genus it is sorry.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on September 08, 2024, 09:22:27 PMI'm happy about these tyrannosaurs since I didn't get PNSO's ones due to their lack of lips.
I'm looking forward to this development also, though without any great sense of urgency, lip-wise, since I've gotten Cameron and the other four PNSO tyrannosaurs lipped by Bravo Models. It was expensive, but at the end of the day worth it, as far as I'm concerned.

thomasw100

Quote from: SidB on September 09, 2024, 03:33:12 PMI'm looking forward to this development also, though without any great sense of urgency, lip-wise, since I've gotten Cameron and the other four PNSO tyrannosaurs lipped by Bravo Models. It was expensive, but at the end of the day worth it, as far as I'm concerned.

How does this modification (i.e. lip customization) actually affect the proportions of the skull?

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 09, 2024, 07:02:29 PM
Quote from: SidB on September 09, 2024, 03:33:12 PMI'm looking forward to this development also, though without any great sense of urgency, lip-wise, since I've gotten Cameron and the other four PNSO tyrannosaurs lipped by Bravo Models. It was expensive, but at the end of the day worth it, as far as I'm concerned.

How does this modification (i.e. lip customization) actually affect the proportions of the skull?
I think that the best way to answer your question is to show you a comparison of two of the figures, T @thomasw100, for instance, Cameron the rex before and after, side-by-side:

Turkeysaurus

Is this half lipped or what? Freddy Mercury of the tyrant lizards.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe the jaw just isn't closed all the way? I could see some tyrannosaurs with gnarly teeth that did stick out.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 10, 2024, 03:37:45 PMMaybe the jaw just isn't closed all the way? I could see some tyrannosaurs with gnarly teeth that did stick out.

Suddenly, I am reminded of the super nice lady that runs the local EZ-Stop after midnight... not sure why God felt she needed that many teeth, or that they should all point in different directions...

I have noticed something about Showanna that relates to this, actually.

They make dirty dinosaurs. Their stuff ain't clean. Look at a PNSO dinosaur. That is what a dinosaur would look like in a zoo, perfect skin, no wounds, no parasites, no dust baths, no muddy feet. Showanna seems to make busted up brutes that LOOK like they live the life of an apex predator in the wild. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: