You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

I quite like the 1:18 Psittacosaurus and haven't had any issues with it falling apart. Is it more stable than the others or could this be a QC issue?

Flaffy

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 27, 2024, 03:11:50 AMI quite like the 1:18 Psittacosaurus and haven't had any issues with it falling apart. Is it more stable than the others or could this be a QC issue?

My first P. hellenikorhinus copy had an incredibly loose knee joint, to the point where it was rattling inside the blister packaging. Thankfully EverythingDinosaur offered a replacement and my second specimen is better. Still I would've preferred less articulation for a more sturdily built figure. I would've happily sacrificed the limb joints and mid-torso articulation for a smoother, less "cut up" presentation. The secondary limb joints in particular seem incredibly fragile.

Another review of the BotM Dilophosaurus. This copy doesn't seem to suffer from the cartoonish crest paint. So I'm now wondering if it's a QC issue between batches?

Noideaforaname

The only issue I've had with the mini-1/18 dinos is the Psittaco's mouth being unable to move and its one foot pegged into the base warping over the course of a year. Both were easily fixed with hot water.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.