News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Quote from: need4swede on September 25, 2024, 01:00:27 AMWow that Snake looks awesome. Placed an order for one myself thanks to you lot!
I wonder if it would scale ok next to Rebor's Deinosuchus and Sarcosuchus figures.

I made mesurements calculation for that Anaconda to make sure it was ok in 1/35, and while I did not keep the number, it seemed alright, maybe a little bit over 1/35 but not by too much.
But I don't think it would be big enough to scale with Rebor Deinosuchus and Sarchosuchus, those are far too big.
It scales really well with the Safari Sarcosuchus though.

Congrats for your purchsase, the shape of the body is very well made being large enough, the sculpt of the head is so faithfull to the actuall snake, very detailed, and the pose is very natural, it does not go into a dramatic raising snake like you would see in an horror movie (even thoug I like it).
The only downside would be the overtextured scales, but that something we face a lot as collectors, especially on older figures, so I don't mind it at all.

SidB => I'm looking for 1/35 african elephant models, would yours be ok for that ?

Flaffy

Quote from: SenSx on September 25, 2024, 08:53:53 AM
Quote from: need4swede on September 25, 2024, 01:00:27 AMWow that Snake looks awesome. Placed an order for one myself thanks to you lot!
I wonder if it would scale ok next to Rebor's Deinosuchus and Sarcosuchus figures.

I made mesurements calculation for that Anaconda to make sure it was ok in 1/35, and while I did not keep the number, it seemed alright, maybe a little bit over 1/35 but not by too much.
But I don't think it would be big enough to scale with Rebor Deinosuchus and Sarchosuchus, those are far too big.

Really wished Rebor made those two in 1/35 instead of whatever scale they went with in the end.

SenSx

Quote from: Flaffy on September 25, 2024, 10:02:02 AM

Really wished Rebor made those two in 1/35 instead of whatever scale they went with in the end.

Truly agree, I'm a 1/35 scale fanatic, and while I really like Rebor Deinosuchus, it just does not fit in my collection.
Going to have to buy a 3D print for actual 1/35 Deinosuchus and Purusaurus.
Glad Safari made their amazing 1/35 Sarchosuchus though.

Flaffy

Quote from: SenSx on September 25, 2024, 10:28:27 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on September 25, 2024, 10:02:02 AM

Truly agree, I'm a 1/35 scale fanatic, and while I really like Rebor Deinosuchus, it just does not fit in my collection.
Going to have to buy a 3D print for actual 1/35 Deinosuchus and Purusaurus.
Glad Safari made their amazing 1/35 Sarchosuchus though.

Indeed. One of the main reasons I have yet to purchase either of Rebor's prehistoric crocs.

I've been debating heavily between the Rebor vs Safari Sarcosuchus models. The former is certainly the more refined model, but the latter is much more reasonable in size, along with fitting in with the rest of my Elrhaz formation critters.

SenSx

The Safari Sarchosuchus is my favorite Safari figure ever.
It does have flaws, but that I did not really notice myself anyway.
The tip of the jaw is apparently a bit too bulbus, and it does not have proper claws (this I noticed).
But it's still a magnificent model for it's price, there is something about its head that I love.
The size is perfect for 1/35, and walking pose is my favorite for crocs.

I'm going to get the Paelokrhis Deinosuchus and Purusaurus for the Ultimate crocs trio.
A shame no other company makes those, but I understand as they would be regarded as simple "crocodiles".

I do own the Safari Aligator that I used instead of a 1/35 Deinosuchus, but I think it's a bit too different to really be one.
Still keeping the figure anyway as it's absolutely beautiful and realistic, this has become my Leatherhead pet from Teenage Ninja turtles collection  ;D

Elengassen

Quote from: Flaffy on September 25, 2024, 10:35:18 AMI've been debating heavily between the Rebor vs Safari Sarcosuchus models. The former is certainly the more refined model, but the latter is much more reasonable in size, along with fitting in with the rest of my Elrhaz formation critters.

This is the reason I'm planning to get the Safari. The Rebor looks incredible, and I like its prey item, but scale considerations overrule this for me, and the Safari also looks really nice. If the Rebor were closer to 1:35, I'd probably be happy to pay the same amount for it as it costs now.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

EmperorDinobot

Last night's haul. Last week I discovered that the Schleich Monolophosaurus had 3 variants, maybe more, and I took a picture, as seen below. I was only able to find two of them, the third one, the one on top had already been purchased, so ISO for it.
I also came to the realization that Kroger/Fred Meyer is getting rid of its entire Schleich offerings. All of them, Bayala, the horses, the fantasy creatures, all on clearance or just...gone, which is kind of sad. I know a lot of us dislike Schleich, but the thing is, Kroger stores don't move them, and they speculate the prices. I'm like one of 4 people in the entire area that sort of give a hoot about them. I feel bad because I wanted to get some of the fantasy creatures and I can't even find them anymore. I wanted to ask if anyone else in the USA had noticed this? I'll make a thread once I get confirmation. My local store has 0, not even on clearance. This store was the big Beaverton one. The one on hwy 99 still had them 2 weeks ago, which is where I picked up Moros, which was a bit cheaper. I have to check the one in Damascus and the one in Newberg to further confirm this. I'll make a thread in a bit.

Abobo

Mesozoic Life Project Ramses finally arrived, so happy!

SenSx

Super cool display  with quality figures !

Abobo

JohannesB

During my visit to the Natural History Museum in Oslo (situated in the wonderful Botanical Garden) I picked up this 2017 Safari Giganotosaurus. I have to say, it is a beautiful sculpt with a lot of fine and realistic detail (anatomical as well as the skin). It is relatively big too. Really a top piece, in my view, and any photo can't really do it justice, I think.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.