News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New Jurassic World Film!!!! 😀

Started by Giganotosaurus, January 22, 2024, 08:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

JURASSIC WORLD 4---VARIETY said the latest dinosaur movie is "a completely fresh take launching a new Jurassic era, following three adults and three teens getting stuck on the Island." The movie starring Scarlett Johansson and Jonathan Bailey, has also been referred to as JURASSIC CITY.

Gwangi

Quote from: dragon53 on June 13, 2024, 04:47:58 PMJURASSIC WORLD 4---VARIETY said the latest dinosaur movie is "a completely fresh take launching a new Jurassic era, following three adults and three teens getting stuck on the Island." The movie starring Scarlett Johansson and Jonathan Bailey, has also been referred to as JURASSIC CITY.

Stuck on an island with dinosaurs. Doesn't sound exactly fresh. Another missed opportunity to utilize the dinosaurs-in-the-modern-world premise both created and squandered by the World trilogy.

Carnoking

Yeah, not a very novel approach but I do wonder how accurate the reporting is.

Dilopho

It'd be cool to get a film that was sort of like home alone, with people defending their homes from something like Troodon.
Especially if they're like in PP and utilise fires.

Blade-of-the-Moon

This sounds like one of the JP3 alternate scripts?

PumperKrickel

Previously Hawaii has been the filming location for anything Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna. Why would they now use Thailand instead? Highly dubious reporting.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: PumperKrickel on June 15, 2024, 12:23:53 AMPreviously Hawaii has been the filming location for anything Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna. Why would they now use Thailand instead? Highly dubious reporting.

Well it said "an" island not "THE" island. so it could be another island, maybe Site C or something else.  Malta is also mentioned but they think it will be for the water tank not the city itself.

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 15, 2024, 05:56:28 AMWell it said "an" island not "THE" island.

It does say THE island, though? :o

Quote from: dragon53 on June 13, 2024, 04:47:58 PMJURASSIC WORLD 4---VARIETY said the latest dinosaur movie is "a completely fresh take launching a new Jurassic era, following three adults and three teens getting stuck on the Island."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: PumperKrickel on June 15, 2024, 08:58:38 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 15, 2024, 05:56:28 AMWell it said "an" island not "THE" island.

It does say THE island, though? :o

Quote from: dragon53 on June 13, 2024, 04:47:58 PMJURASSIC WORLD 4---VARIETY said the latest dinosaur movie is "a completely fresh take launching a new Jurassic era, following three adults and three teens getting stuck on the Island."

lol I mean they didn't say Nublar or Sorna THE islands we are familiar with. They just said "an" island.   I guess we'll wait for more details, I'm good seeing anything, exploring Sorna the remnants of Nublar or a whole new island. All work for Uni since their JP/JW properties are located at islands of Adventure.

CityRaptor

Wouldn't be the first time ScarJo was on an island...but yeah, I wanted something exploring the new status quo, too, instead.
Unless that island is a supposedly dinosaur free zone, which turns out to be not so dinosaur free afterall.

Imagine dialogue:
"Did you know that birds are dinosaurs, too?"
"Would explain why ravens give me the willies."
"Roar!Roar!Roar!"
"Hear that? It's one of them literally saying roar! That's some mix of creepy and goofy at the same time."
"ROOOOOOOAAAAAAR!"
"That's no raven!"

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Brocc21

https://x.com/FilmUpdates/status/1801834185763512512

Paraphrasing a post I made: Alan Grant was cool because he was just a man. He reminded you of your dad, and he was just like the revered paleontologists you'd read about in books or see in documentaries. He holds a shotgun once, and Sam Neil probably wasn't brandishing a six pack under that denim shirt. He was an ordinary man thrust into an incredible situation. But one he was uniquely equipped to deal with, and one as kids we all dreamed of being in. Alan Grant was someone you could look up to, someone you wanted to be, someone who didn't feel so unreal. JW stars wild characters with perfect faces, who you'd never see in real life. There's no specific target demographic it appeals to, one that it can connect with on a deeper level, and thus it has no soul. It only tries to emulate what came before, but the people behind it don't understand what these films are about, what really made them. Just more species than the last film, and bigger more explosive action sequences. But we know Jp was never a big action movie, starring buff action heroes. It sucks knowing your favorite franchise has been continuously mishandled by people who just don't get it. But all of this being said I have faith in Gareth Edwards, and I think he can best my expectations. If this movie can't have the wit of Jurassic Park (unlikely) then I pray it will at least feel like it. If anything it will be a very pretty movie.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Takama

Quote from: DinoToyForum on April 19, 2024, 11:14:33 AM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 19, 2024, 06:59:39 AMA more novel accurate reboot with modern designs would be incredible.

How about a George Lucas-style Special Edition of the original, where they go in and redo just the special effects with modern designs. :) They could also correct the few minor continuity errors and other little things like that in the film, e.g. CGI some mud onto the sole's of Grant's boots as he's climbing the perimeter fence.

Maybe there would be a way to somehow edit or amend the end Control Room scene to avoid/explain the odd part where Ellie can't reach the gun, but doesn't ask Tim to pass it to her, as he is just watching Lex boot the system. I don't know how you'd do it - maybe somehow make Tim essential to booting up the security system so it becomes a two-person job?

I don't think there would be any merit to an actual reboot since JP is close to being a perfect film, and Jurassic World was already a soft reboot of Jurassic Park: a dinosaur theme park where the dinosaurs break loose and eat the tourists.

Being a movie collector,  i would need to add that "just dont make the OG cuts hard to come by"

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.