News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

ANIMAL HEAVENLY BODY Studio - New for 2023

Started by Flaffy, August 28, 2023, 03:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

This seems to be the same company that made this Guanlingsaurus:

Some of their products say "Animal Heavenly Body" and some say "Animal Planet," which I guess amounts to the same thing if you're running it through a translator! So far I haven't found anybody selling the companion piece to the Guanlingsaurus (Dinocephalosaurus, I think you suggested), have you come across it anywhere?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

I totally thought that Eo was a Liaoningosaurus for a second and got really excited.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on August 28, 2023, 05:04:25 AMI totally thought that Eo was a Liaoningosaurus for a second and got really excited.

I would have guessed you'd be into Eorhynchochelys, too!

I ordered mine on the 22nd but it still doesn't seem to have left outbound customs.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 30, 2023, 02:12:58 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on August 28, 2023, 05:04:25 AMI totally thought that Eo was a Liaoningosaurus for a second and got really excited.

I would have guessed you'd be into Eorhynchochelys, too!

I ordered mine on the 22nd but it still doesn't seem to have left outbound customs.

As a turtle biologist a little bit, but I don't collect all turtles, just spiky or fanged ones. I have the Joy City one just cuz of how easy it was to obtain. I'm gonna need that Guanlingsaurus for my collection though!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Concavenator

Haha I find the Yangchuanosaurus kind of tempting! But I think it's likely a good and up-to-date, non-caricaturized figure of it that I like will be released eventually, so for now I'm holding off. I have a lot of stuff to catch up on to immediately go after this, it's not what I collect, after all. :P

These are pretty nice though! Unlike the Yangchuanosaurus, I don't expect anyone else to tackle Gualingsaurus and Eorhynchocelys anytime soon, so that would be all the more reason to pick those up if you're into said genera.

Halichoeres

I'm not sure if these were released this year, but they are from the same company.

I still haven't managed to track down the toothy companion piece to the Guanlingsaurus, or even find a good photo.

ceratopsian

Oh dear - occasionally I suffer serious lapses into deepest kitsch taste!  I'm ashamed to admit it but I really find the Oviraptor quite appealing!  I see it was co-produced with the Shanghai Natural History Museum.

Pliosaurking

Honestly that Yangchuangosaurus is pretty tempting as is the Eorhynchocelys!

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 31, 2023, 06:46:25 PMOh dear - occasionally I suffer serious lapses into deepest kitsch taste!  I'm ashamed to admit it but I really find the Oviraptor quite appealing!  I see it was co-produced with the Shanghai Natural History Museum.

I can see the appeal, honestly. And yeah, a lot of these seem to be in cooperation with various museums. The Guanlingsaurus and its fellow seem to have been sold at the Geological Museum of Guizhou. I don't know if they're exclusives or just co-branded.

Bread

The detail, color scheme, and paint application are stunning on this little Yangchuanosaurus model!

Just imagine how wonderful this would be on a regular scaled model.

Halichoeres

More from the same company:

Carnotaurus
Spinosaurus
Stegosaurus

I'm kinda grimly fascinated with these.

Halichoeres

Not a dinosaur or prehistoric, but I realized only recently that the lion that was released alongside the Yangchuanosaurus and Eorhynchochelys is based on the infamous taxidermy mount at the museum in Shanghai:

Really captures the walleyed, recently-struck-with-a-blunt-flat-object look of the mount.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 04, 2023, 08:39:24 PMNot a dinosaur or prehistoric, but I realized only recently that the lion that was released alongside the Yangchuanosaurus and Eorhynchochelys is based on the infamous taxidermy mount at the museum in Shanghai:

Okay, that's hilarious.

I kind of love this company's style. It's not for everyone, but I like how they simplify and exaggerate the forms. Lots of pleasing shapes going on in these figures. The colors are very nice, too.
Check out my customs thread!

Faelrin

I can't believe someone made a figure (of sorts) of that. That's great, and made my significantly terrible day better.

Edit: I really like that chubby Carnotaurus, and the others above too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 04, 2023, 08:39:24 PMNot a dinosaur or prehistoric, but I realized only recently that the lion that was released alongside the Yangchuanosaurus and Eorhynchochelys is based on the infamous taxidermy mount at the museum in Shanghai:
Now we need a Gripsholm Castle Lion to go with it!

postsaurischian

I had to get their Kingfisher last year.

Oops! Sorry, wrong thread .... but too late.

Faelrin

avatar_crazy8wizard @crazy8wizard I just looked that one up. Wow that's even more ridiculous looking. Like straight up cartoon looking. It's amazing it's been around for as long as it has been.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

They made a set for Wonder Festival in Japan that includes this fossilized version of Ceraurus:

I'd have been tempted if it were an alive version! The set also includes two beetles and an isopod (all extant).

bmathison1972

I would love the trilobite; the beetles and isopod are too stylized for  me

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: