News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bird is the word!

Started by Stegoraptor Rex, May 28, 2013, 12:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The feathered velociraptor of Safari is a beauty. For me the most perfect that has been realized in regards to the feathered velociraptor, a beauty.

I repeat it and I will repeat it a thousand times this year is the Safari by far!

Sim

Quote from: Sinornis on December 15, 2016, 09:43:22 AM
No, I haven't seen Safari's new feathered velociraptor, but I like it!!  I wonder which living bird they borrowed the color scheme from, it looks too familiar. Anyway, I will certainly consider adding it to my collection. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Having an idea of the kind of figures you're interested in, I thought you might like to know that Safari has released some other 2017 feathered dinosaur figures as well: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4934.0  And, that PNSO has made figures of Confuciusornis and Archaeopteryx (and a Proceratosaurus that appears to be lightly feathered), they are on this page: link

Doug Watson confirmed the colour scheme of the Velociraptor is inspired by the ferruginous hawk (Reply #897): http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4934.msg148516#msg148516

Sinornis

Inspired by another raptor!! And a good one at that! The Ferruginous Hawk, in my opinion, is one of the most attractive hawks. Beautiful coloration. Thank you asking Doug Watson about this color scheme. Thank you also for pointing out the 2017 Safari Microraptor, I'm very impressed and interested. 

AcroSauroTaurus

Got this guy for Christmas.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Sinornis

Its time to show some love for the only dinosaurs of the cenozoic, the birds! Which I dont think are turned into figures enough!

I agree!! I hope some company like PNSO will try some distinctive offshoot enantiornithean group species like Longipteryx, Gobipteryx and Zhouornis. Or maybe another company trying the Messel bird, Messelornis or the Green River Gallinuloides. Is there a Presbyornis figure out there??

http://avianmusing.blogspot.com/

Here are a few of my new feathered dinosaur and ancient bird acquisitions. I have to say, the detail on all the figures are fantastic, even the scarlet macaw archaeopteryx! Hard to pick a favorite! They are as follows; 1) Colorata Velociraptor and Deinonychus, 2) Colorata Oviraptor and Sinosauropteryx, 3) PNSO Archaeopteryx and Schleich Archaeopteryx, 4) Schleich Microraptor, Colorata Microraptor, Safari Ltd Microraptor, 5) PNSO Confuciusornis and Starlux Phorusrhacos. [IMG]

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sinornis on January 23, 2017, 04:41:10 PM

I agree!! I hope some company like PNSO will try some distinctive offshoot enantiornithean group species like Longipteryx, Gobipteryx and Zhouornis. Or maybe another company trying the Messel bird, Messelornis or the Green River Gallinuloides. Is there a Presbyornis figure out there??

This is a great wish list; I would buy almost all of those.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Sorry if it's a little weird to revive such an old thread, but I thought I'd share the Giant Moa I painted here! It's a 3D printed model sculpted by Michael Eischen, who sells his model under the label "PaleoSculpture", though he's actually kinda hard to find. I have some links to his stuff in my review here: https://dinodadreviews.com/2022/11/06/paleosculpture-by-michael-eischen/

Nevermind the Uintatherium, though it does help demonstrate the difference in quality between the two printers he uses. The Moa was made on the higher quality one, and has little to no trace of print lines, though the shaggy feathers certainly help with that. Note the Safari Ltd Good Luck Mini Kiwi for scale!  :))

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 15, 2016, 03:42:46 PMThe feathered velociraptor of Safari is a beauty. For me the most perfect that has been realized in regards to the feathered velociraptor, a beauty.

I repeat it and I will repeat it a thousand times this year is the Safari by far!

Word
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.