News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How important is scale?

Started by tyrantqueen, July 15, 2013, 01:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does scale matter to you?

No, I'll buy any figure no matter what the scale
11 (57.9%)
Sometimes, if I have other figures that are in the same scale or if I really like the model
5 (26.3%)
Yes, I will only buy figures that are in a particular scale that I want, and will avoid certain scales
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

tyrantqueen

Just curious about the styles of other collectors.

I vote 3 (sorta). I only buy in medium sized scales (for example 1/40 or 1/35). I like big scales, but just don't have the space or money for them :-[ So medium is the next best thing. But if it's a smallish species (like velociraptor) I'd probably get in a slightly bigger scale so the size fits in with the rest of my collection (notice I said size, not scale ;))

Gwangi

I'm indifferent to scale as long as the model looks nice. If two of them just happen to be in scale with each other, that's great but it isn't necessary.
I must confess that I really like larger figures, especially for sauropods but since space is limited I go for the medium size the most. I'm not really into the smaller figures but I do love Kaiyodo.

Takama

I collect by companey/line  so scale dont matter to me. 

However, i have been considering comisioning a 1:30 Resin dino collection when i ever get the money (and have someone finish the model for me)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on July 15, 2013, 01:54:48 AM

However, i have been considering comisioning a 1:30 Resin dino collection when i ever get the money (and have someone finish the model for me)
Interesting. I am the complete opposite, I pick and choose what I like from certain companies (I have the Battat Dippy, rex, Trike, Pachycephosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus but I am not particularly interested in the rest of the line or getting a complete set)

I often drool over the resins for sale at Dan's Dinosaurs, because many of them are in a big scale and I can't afford most of them :'(

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like having some pieces in scale but it's not necessary. I do like larger figures as well.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 15, 2013, 02:03:12 AM
Quote from: Takama on July 15, 2013, 01:54:48 AM

Interesting. I am the complete opposite, I pick and choose what I like from certain companies (I have the Battat Dippy, rex, Trike, Pachycephosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus but I am not particularly interested in the rest of the line or getting a complete set)

I often drool over the resins for sale at Dan's Dinosaurs, because many of them are in a big scale and I can't afford most of them :'(

Same, I have no real compulsion to collect an entire line aside from Invicta but it helps that I actually like all their models. Other companies I don't care so much, I just collect what I like. Take Papo for example, I like most of their line but I have no desire to own their marine reptiles. Same with Battat, I like most of their models but I have no desire to own their awful Ceratosaurus.

postsaurischian

I'm interested in anything beautiful Dinosaurian. Meanwhile I have collections for every scale :).

Favourites though are 1:12, 1:20, 1:30, 1:35, 1:40, 1:50 and 1:72.

Patrx

I think there may have been a thread that covered this topic some time ago, so forgive me if this post is found to be redundant. I don't regard scale at all in my collection. Partially, I guess that's because I don't collect from specific lines or sculptors or companies, but based on "accuracy" more than anything. Granted, some of what I've bought has been somewhat invalidated since being purchased, but, as they say, science marches on. As far as size goes, however, I just like to have figures that are big enough to appreciate and observe carefully, and small enough to fit on my shelves. I do have a lot of Kaiyodo capsule figures - I love them for their accuracy, but I do often wish they were bigger.

Concavenator

I personally don't mind the scale.Me like Takama only buy per line/brand(I only collect Carnegie,WS,CollectA,Papo,Bullyland and,not very often,Schleich).But sometimes,I don't have space/money to afford them,for, example,a 1:15 scale Triceratops.

Pawnosuchus

Since my collection is displayed in what is essentially a huge diorama in my garage I really prefer to keep the scale around 1-40 or 1-35 to make it appear somewhat realistic. Keeping in mind that there must have been some variance in size, I can be somewhat flexible. I like to add new species so an occasional exception is made but I can't accept anything too outrageous.

Jetoar

Sometimes I bought figures with scale, but normally I bougt figures out and with scale because the details, size and price  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.