News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Roselaar on October 25, 2016, 08:39:35 PM
Any Supreme range figure would be most welcome. It would be a damn shame if that scale line was nixed after only a single figure, even though that one is one of the finest prehistoric animal figures in years.

Indeed. Although if the Guidraco didn't sell as well as expected, CollectA may have decided to just do away with that size class. Sad, yes, but no company is made of money. :(

But let's just wait and see what gets revealed. As well as a Deluxe Dakatoraptor, I'd love to see either a Deluxe Tarbosaurus or Zhuchengtyrannus. With plenty of plumage, of course.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lanthanotus

Quote from: suspsy on October 25, 2016, 11:45:17 PM
[...]

Indeed. Although if the Guidraco didn't sell as well as expected, CollectA may have decided to just do away with that size class. Sad, yes, but no company is made of money. :(

[...]

Just seen this figure for a second time yesterday and while I don't like it's colors I see the great potential for customization and it's wonderfull..... but it's soooo big, hard to find a place for that thing somewhere in my limited space :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: terrorchicken on October 25, 2016, 07:26:02 PM
I would  be more excited if they were easier to find in the USA nowadays. :( I cant believe how expensive the more recent prehistoric mammal figures are! is it b/c of their size?

same here, havent picked up any of this years pieces yet.

suspsy

FWIW, CollectA now has an American website, so hopefully that bodes well for North American distribution:

http://www.collectaus.com

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 26, 2016, 03:31:24 AM
I would  be more excited if they were easier to find in the USA nowadays. :( I cant believe how expensive the more recent prehistoric mammal figures are! is it b/c of their size?

Nothing around my area as well, only ugly Schleichs...
I managed to find a Toy's Rus in ShangHai stocked with CollectAs, a nice surprise.

laticauda

Quote from: suspsy on October 26, 2016, 04:01:04 AM
FWIW, CollectA now has an American website, so hopefully that bodes well for North American distribution:

http://www.collectaus.com

I hope so, I was really looking forward to this years crop, and had to put off getting them until I could get them at a reasonable (shipping) price, as I have a tight budget. 

Roselaar

I bet Collecta produces an Einiosaurus for 2017, it seems like the hot Ceratopsian of this moment.

Dilopho

I would like an Einiosaurus made in these colours some time...

terrorchicken

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on October 26, 2016, 05:05:40 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 26, 2016, 03:31:24 AM

Nothing around my area as well, only ugly Schleichs...
I managed to find a Toy's Rus in ShangHai stocked with CollectAs, a nice surprise.

its not just physical stores, the prices are crazy online for the prehistoric mammals, deluxe dinosaurs and anything new. Only old standard dinosaur figures and some of the old extant animals are easy to find online and for normal prices. :(

hopefully the new American website means things will change.

Flaffy

A few days till the November reveal! ;D

Concavenator

3 to be exact
(Regaliceratops incoming *cough cough* )  ::)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Concavenator on November 01, 2016, 02:54:39 PM
3 to be exact
(Regaliceratops incoming *cough cough* )  ::)

I hope you are right  ;)

suspsy

Hope the first news really does come out on Friday. Perhaps Sinoceratops will finally get some plastic love.

Flaffy

Hopefully they'll have less clashing colours for next year.
Not a fan of CollectA's war-paint style, though sometimes they come up with interesting and pleasant colours schemes, despite the warpaint.

Shonisaurus

I expect a guidraco yu qi type, according to rumors, as the sinoceratops or regaliceratops and simus Arctodus among prehistoric mammals.

It is rumored among forum members to see if it is true.

I also hope that Collecta in view of the new developments in Safari that improves its figures in every sense of the word spice both seams and texture, as in his painting (ie without paintings of Celtic war) and accuracy scientific. And three days left.

This is an unbearable suspense but we have no choice but to wait.

Concavenator

We've waited for 12 momths,3 days is nothing.

Thylacosmilus

I'll wait patiently until Friday!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.