News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Papo is usually the last company to release images of upcoming product. I'd be surprised if we saw something before November.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 04:05:06 PM
Papo is usually the last company to release images of upcoming product. I'd be surprised if we saw something before November.

Last year they only released pics late December, right? That's gonna be a while...

Saurox

Just ordered the new Oviraptor/ Trex set.  ^-^

Ikessauro

Can someone tell Papo to stop producing new repaints! At first I wanted to keep my Papo collection complete with all models released. But nowadays I feel like Papo is becoming like those cheap "chinasaur" companies, producing the same models over and over again with different colors. The thing is, for me, having my collection incomplete is annoying, but I'm not rich, so I have to pass on a lot of these new repaints. That frustrates me more than anything. We have enough Papo Rexes variations and we could use some new sculpts, instead of this.

Dilopho

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 07, 2016, 05:21:43 AM
Can someone tell Papo to stop producing new repaints! At first I wanted to keep my Papo collection complete with all models released. But nowadays I feel like Papo is becoming like those cheap "chinasaur" companies, producing the same models over and over again with different colors. The thing is, for me, having my collection incomplete is annoying, but I'm not rich, so I have to pass on a lot of these new repaints. That frustrates me more than anything. We have enough Papo Rexes variations and we could use some new sculpts, instead of this.
Well there's no way they will retire their "heroes", their main dinosaurs.
So they might as well repaint them, in my eyes, they are good sculpts!
Unlike Schleich....I keep ranting to my friends about how Schleich used to make such beautiful dinosaurs, but they just release the same dinosaurs over and over again and they get worse every time....just look at this progression of the Allosaurus from natural wonder to unnatural blunder...

Silvanusaurus

I can't bare to look at that recently revealed 2017 one for very long; I genuinely find it quite disturbing. I don't know if it's the 'too human' toothy grin, the limp knobbly hands, or the frog legs... And it's not like it's monstrously scary or something, if you saw it you wouldn't want to run from it, you'd just want to put it out of it's misery. That grinning maw hides only pain, and most likely subsequent bitterness; a hatred of all other living things. If such an animal ever existed, then frankly I'm very glad it went extinct.
Ugh, I need a shower now.

CityRaptor

I showed that Allosaurus to someone who worked on Allosaurus fossils: He think it looks like poop.

Anyways, the reason I posted here is because today I found a Papo 2016 catalogue. Apparently the second toob set of Dinosaurs had repaints released as singles too, this year. I can't post pics now, but the changes are as following:
Pterandodon: brown instead of green
Ankylosaurus: darker brown, spikes are white
Dimetrodon: lighter shades
Carnotaurus: green with an orange stripe
Giganotosaurus: reddish brown with darker brown and some orange markings
Allosaurus: Indominus Rex colors
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 07, 2016, 05:21:43 AM

Papo needs to hear this

hao_bao

The Baryonyx is way too fat. Its clearly eaten too many fish

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.