News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: mpchi on May 16, 2016, 08:19:07 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on May 16, 2016, 03:12:08 AM
2016 Paposaurs are certainly more expensive than before. I wonder if they bumped up the quality of the materials?

From holding and feeling the Baryonyx and Kaprosuchus, the material don't feel any different from Papos from the recent few years. Baryonyx legs and toes feel pretty soft (but not necessary softer than other figures), making them warp out of shape after standing it on two feet for long without support. My Allosaurus has harder material with feet feels like hard plastic, but its quite a few years older. My guess is just inflation, or Papo simply wants more money out of their figures. 2016 does have a significant price hike that I don't feel in previous years. Price-wise the Baryonyx is on par with the large Brachiosaurus, while a similar sized Running T-Rex cost only around 60% of that price.

I wonder if these 2016 models are expensive because of inflation or was Papo actually undercharging us all these years?

DinoG

I THINK THEY ASSESSED THEIR PRODUCTS AGAINST THE COMPETITION TO ADJUST THEIR POSITION IN THE MARKET. I BELIEVE THE ARRIVAL OF A STRONG BUT PRICEY COMPETITOR LIKE REBOR HAS ALLOWED THEM TO NOTCH UP THEIR PRICES AND GET AWAY WITH IT. PAPO WAS THE BEST FOR QUALITY/PRICE RATIO, NOW A LITTLE BIT LESS. LET'S HOPE THEY UP THEIR ACCURACY TOO IN EXCHANGE FOR THE HIGHER PRICES IN THE FUTURE
Run!

tyrantqueen

Halichoeres

My guess is that the prices will come down a bit once they're no longer the newest release. I don't think that Papo has been undercharging, but maybe they feel like they can get away with higher prices because of the entrance of Rebor, as alluded to above.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

I think that there asking too much for what it is. Don't get me wrong, the kapro is a wonderful model, but I kinda wished it was the same price as the T-rex as they are about the same size. :D

Victoria's Cantina

Prices are going up on toys all across the board. It's no surprise that the same is true of Papo. I'd imagine the prices will likely drop too as time passes.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: DinoG on May 17, 2016, 11:49:08 PM
I THINK THEY ASSESSED THEIR PRODUCTS AGAINST THE COMPETITION TO ADJUST THEIR POSITION IN THE MARKET. I BELIEVE THE ARRIVAL OF A STRONG BUT PRICEY COMPETITOR LIKE REBOR HAS ALLOWED THEM TO NOTCH UP THEIR PRICES AND GET AWAY WITH IT. PAPO WAS THE BEST FOR QUALITY/PRICE RATIO, NOW A LITTLE BIT LESS. LET'S HOPE THEY UP THEIR ACCURACY TOO IN EXCHANGE FOR THE HIGHER PRICES IN THE FUTURE

Please don't post in all caps. Thanks! C:-)

DinoG

Unfortunately I don't think the prices will go down as the community of dinosaurs lovers grows and grows demanding more and more accuracy and odd species. Also I believe Papo thinks their product will always be mainly compared to Rebor' s now and out of the two Papo will always come out the cheapest....even with the added few £££....Smart people those Papo guys.
Run!

joossa

Has anyone gotten the green Raptor yet? I see Dan is the only seller on Ebay currently.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Everything_Dinosaur

The Feathered Velociraptor model from Papo has arrived in stock at Everything Dinosaur: Papo Feathered Velociraptor

Roselaar

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on June 24, 2016, 03:25:42 PM
The Feathered Velociraptor model from Papo has arrived in stock at Everything Dinosaur: Papo Feathered Velociraptor

Nice! As soon as the lastest Collectasaurs are in, I'll know where to spend my cash. :)

Incidentally ED, are you going to stock the second Papo minisaurs tube as well? I know they're weak figures, but I would still like to add them to my collection for completeness' sake.

Arul

Quote from: joossa on May 26, 2016, 06:07:03 AM
Has anyone gotten the green Raptor yet? I see Dan is the only seller on Ebay currently.

Some of seller in indonesia already got it. I think this green raptor so far is the best raptor from the other 3. A good replace for the retired one (the brown version)

Roselaar

I got it. Very disappointed. Basically the same paint scheme as the original, except with green instead of brown, which makes for a less movie accurate TLW Raptor. Papo's most boring repaint, IMO.

Moodyraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on June 25, 2016, 12:00:54 PM

I got it. Very disappointed. Basically the same paint scheme as the original, except with green instead of brown, which makes for a less movie accurate TLW Raptor. Papo's most boring repaint, IMO.

I like having another addition to my raptor squad, but I'm also disappointed with how similar the green raptor is to the brown one.  It's even a browny-green.  I'd love them to keep doing regular repaints so I can grow my squad, but I hope future ones are more distinctive. 

Dilopho

suspsy

The colour scheme on the Oviraptor is nice, but I still want nothing to do with that toy. And why rerelease the brown Rex in a gift set? Maybe this is just a mockup.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

I like the oviraptor but I'm not interested in the T. rex.

empire3569

That seems odd to put a repaint of the Oviraptor (which I don't think is one of their more popular models) with the same brown sitting rex. I feel like they should have chosen a model other than oviraptor, done another rex repaint, or both

CityRaptor

Well, it's one of those things Schleich does like all the time.

The Ovi seems to be Cassowary-inspired, with a little bit of Blue from JW.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: