News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

colored pix of ITOY Dilophosaurus Sinensis resurrection 2016

Started by vmi, December 06, 2016, 02:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Its ok for a Jurassic Park style figure, but has a few problems if they wanted to make it accurate.

1st problem: "Dilophosaurus sinensis" doesn't exist. Its Sinosaurus triassicus.

2: pronated wrists.

3: Crests and head are the wrong size and shape.

If they fixed those three problems it would be a good Sinosaurus figure.
I am the Dinosaur King!

empire3569

Inaccuracies aside, I think this looks pretty cool. I hedged on the Ceratosaurus (already have and really like the Rebor one) but I will definitely be picking this one up. I'm a sucker for good JP replicas/inspired figures :P I think it fits very well with the Rebor style as well, so I will probably display them together

Killekor

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on December 07, 2016, 06:44:04 AM
"Dilophosaurus sinensis" doesn't exist. Its Sinosaurus triassicus.

Really? LOOOOL!!!

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Shadowknight1

Not bad for a Jurassic Park Dilo, but...not really my thing.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Halichoeres

Sometimes I have trouble resisting a toy that is labeled as one genus even though it's clearly modeled after another (like this Sinosaurus, which looks exactly like a JP Dilophosaurus as people have noted). But the price tag is going to make it a lot easier to hold off on this one.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

I cant help but wonder if these products are actully safe to buy.

There made in China, yet the only way to get them is through certain stores on Ebay.   I wander if these were made out of the same material used in random knokcoff models.     

Either way, i still wonder WHY ARE THESE NOT AVLIBLE IN AMERICA?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on December 08, 2016, 12:41:36 AM
I cant help but wonder if these products are actually safe to buy.

This is actually a very good question. I usually like to sniff my toys when I first take them out of the package. I wouldn't want to place myself in any kind of danger.

sauroid

the same reason/s why PNSO, and Japanese brands for that matter arent available in the usual American outlets. they have no distributors, or they just dont want to bother with the western middlemen because one way or another the consumers will manage to get them anyway via the internet sources.
you should also wonder about PNSO's material. unless youre the type of person who'd put figures in their mouth, you shouldnt worry too much i guess.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

JohannesB

Bought the Ceratosaurus ($40) because I love it. (I didn't get the Rebor because it looked a bit too thin and skin-wrapped. And a bit too small too, I guess.) The Ceratocaurus reminded me a bit of models/reproductions by Stephen Czerkas, but maybe I'm way off here. Anyway, I'm not getting this Dilophosaurus. I'll wait for something else down the (this) line I might want to buy.

vmi

Quote from: sauroid on December 08, 2016, 07:59:49 AM
the same reason/s why PNSO, and Japanese brands for that matter arent available in the usual American outlets. they have no distributors, or they just dont want to bother with the western middlemen because one way or another the consumers will manage to get them anyway via the internet sources.
you should also wonder about PNSO's material. unless youre the type of person who'd put figures in their mouth, you shouldnt worry too much i guess.

while reading your post, my thumb is in my mouth....... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Loon

If I'm going to be honest, this model looks pretty nice. However, correct me if I'm wrong here, but, aside from the head and broken wrists, I don't think this looks a lot like the JP Dilopho that it's trying to emulate. One thing that always stuck out to me about the animal from the film was the kinda awkward skinniness of it.

The Itoy model looks pretty well fed. I guess this would have to be due to copyright reasons, but I doubt it with companies like Rebor and Papo basically making replicas of the JP dinos. But, I guess it could just be chalked up to the artist's interpretation. 

Verahin

This one is pretty cool, but if it's going to be available exclusively through Ebay like the previous Itoy models I must pass. I have bad buying experiences from chinese Ebay sellers, plus those figures aren't that cheap that you can take the risk. I hope Rebor will trust what they said once on Facebook, that they have a JP Dilophosaurus in the works.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.