News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2017 Speculation

Started by Concavenator, October 09, 2016, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

CollectA will begin showcasing their 2017 goodies next month,won't they?
In the meantime,what do you guys think we'll see from them next year? Safari has really upped their game.

Jose S.M.

I thought for a moment that they had announced something hehe.
For CollectA I've been thinking that, since they have made some nice feathered theropods for a while, maybe this year they will try a more accurate feathered dromeosaur... their Utahraptor is not the most accurate. I think there would be some theropods with feathers for sure.
Probably we'll get figures of very recently discovered species, a Yi Qi maybe. They have made many popular hadrosaurs already and I don't expect new ones for this year as much as I would love that, but who knows, maybe a Saurolophus or Maiasaura.
Also they have various Thyreophorans so if they do one it would be a surprise for me. They have done many ceratopsians but seems like they like to make them every year like this year with Mercuriceratops so probably there will be one, maybe one of the newly discovered, or maybe they give Centrosaurus it's deserved chance to become mainstream!.
That's what I'm thinking about for now and I'm really excited to see what they will release.

Gwangi

This thread was nothing but a tease.  :(

Pachyrhinosaurus

I was expecting something as well. I think the same thing happened last year too, with CollectA no less!
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

suspsy

As I've said before, I strongly suspect the star of CollectA's 2017 assortment will be a Deluxe Dakotaraptor.

I also really hope that there aren't as many theropods as there were this year. And more than one prehistoric mammal.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on October 10, 2016, 12:50:47 AM
As I've said before, I strongly suspect the star of CollectA's 2017 assortment will be a Deluxe Dakotaraptor.

I also really hope that there aren't as many theropods as there were this year. And more than one prehistoric mammal.

According to Everything Dinosaur, yu can expect more Theropods from CollectA in the future.  ::)  It seems like there losing there roots.

Jose S.M.

I hope you're right about the Dakotaraptor Supsy!

Kovu

I'd like to see a new deluxe hadrosaur from them, particularly a Saurolophus! That I would definitely have to pick up!

suspsy

Quote from: Takama on October 10, 2016, 01:11:08 AM

According to Everything Dinosaur, yu can expect more Theropods from CollectA in the future.  ::)  It seems like there losing there roots.

What do you mean by "losing there roots"?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on October 10, 2016, 03:04:05 AM
Quote from: Takama on October 10, 2016, 01:11:08 AM

What do you mean by "losing there roots"?

They used to have a vriaty of Species from all dinosaur groups coming out. now there only interested in Theropods and Ceratopsians and only giving us one Sauropod if any other Herbivore is to be made.

Honestly i rather see them remake there older models instead of jumping to make the first toy of EVERY newly discoverd dinosaur to date. 

Concavenator

That would be amazing indeed.

sauroid

im hoping that CollectA would improve THEIR paint app approach for next year's batch of figures. CollectA is one of the best brands and THEY'RE on top of the game still when it comes to innovation. i'd hate to see them stick to their monotonous paint ideas.

BTW, i was so disappointed when i opened this thread and there's nothing to see yet.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Yeah, Concavenator, don't do that.  C:-) Don't post a pure speculation topic with a title implying it is something more. Topic locked and moved to dinosaur toys general to avoid confusion.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.