News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2021 Hopes and Dreams

Started by Loon, December 23, 2019, 12:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

HHHMMMMMMM........

New Collecta Psittacosaurus when???

Halichoeres

I hope that the 2021 CollectA invertebrate is not redundant with any of the excellent invertebrates from Kaiyodo and Favorite, although I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be Anomalocaris. With luck they'll prove me wrong!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 25, 2020, 07:09:14 PM
I hope that the 2021 CollectA invertebrate is not redundant with any of the excellent invertebrates from Kaiyodo and Favorite, although I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be Anomalocaris. With luck they'll prove me wrong!

I would be interested if it was not an anomelocaris, I would prefer a Deluxe size ophabinia to pair with its Favorite counterpart. Anomelocaris is an invertebrate figure quite well represented in the toy market, Kaiyodo, Favorite or Safari are good examples of that species of invertebrate, the Cambrian lion of the seas, although it would not surprise me.

Faelrin

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Same here, even though I myself love Anomalocaris. Plenty of eurypterids, trilobites, and other invertebrates they could do. I myself am personally hoping for something from the Carboniferous, if not the Silurian, the only two periods from which they do not have any Paleozoic representation from currently (they have 2 Cambrian trilobites, 2 Ordovician nautiloids, 2 Dunkleosteus figures, from the Devonian, and 4 Permian synapsids, one a mini of Estemmenosuchus). I would love to see their takes on Arthropleura, Meganuera, if not something else rarely done, etc.

Edit: It won't be Anomalocaris after all so that's a step in the right direction. Now just the wait to see what it will end up being.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

omnidens omnidens OMNIDENS OMNIDENS

suspsy

If I had to place a bet, I'd say the 2021 invertebrate is Anomalocaris, but we shall see in due course.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: Faelrin on October 25, 2020, 07:53:48 PM
Same here, even though I myself love Anomalocaris. Plenty of eurypterids, trilobites, and other invertebrates they could do. I myself am personally hoping for something from the Carboniferous, if not the Silurian, the only two periods from which they do not have any Paleozoic representation from currently (they have 2 Cambrian trilobites, 2 Ordovician nautiloids, 2 Dunkleosteus figures, from the Devonian, and 4 Permian synapsids, one a mini of Estemmenosuchus). I would love to see their takes on Arthropleura, Meganuera, if not something else rarely done, etc.

I scarcely dare hope for an Arthropleura, but that would be amazing.

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 25, 2020, 08:09:47 PM
omnidens omnidens OMNIDENS OMNIDENS

I would also be pretty happy with that.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on October 25, 2020, 08:23:33 PM
If I had to place a bet, I'd say the 2021 invertebrate is Anomalocaris, but we shall see in due course.

I understand that it will be an invertebrate from the Cambrian seas, so Suspsy comments, it is even an omnidens, it is a cooler invertebrate than the anomalocaris.

suspsy

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 25, 2020, 09:36:16 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 25, 2020, 08:23:33 PM

I understand that it will be an invertebrate from the Cambrian seas, so Susps comments, it is even an omnidens, it is a cooler invertebrate than the anomalocaris.

There has not been any word from
CollectA as to what time period this mystery invertebrate hails from. I only went with Anomalocaris because it's a pretty big name among prehistoric invertebrates.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno I love to see an Omnidens too. Not only a cool name, but such an interesting invertebrate (well as far as its speculated appearance is know, because as far as I'm aware it is only known from its jaws).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Faelrin on October 25, 2020, 10:22:25 PM
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno I love to see an Omnidens too. Not only a cool name, but such an interesting invertebrate (well as far as its speculated appearance is know, because as far as I'm aware it is only known from its jaws).
Yeah, it sounds like a nearly kilometer long alien lifeform's name(which btw, i made for my alien project that was going around in march-may)

Halichoeres

It just occurred to me that 2 of the 6 invertebrates in the prehistoric line this year were actually modern species. I hope that the 2021 invertebrate is actually something extinct. (Posted here to avoid further clutter of the "New for 2021" thread)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.