News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2022

Started by Takama, August 03, 2021, 08:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on May 16, 2022, 12:26:46 AMWell, this Nothosaurus isn't really the best, to be sure, but I just grabbed it and the Kaprosuchus today for a buy-one-get-one-free sale at Fred Meyer. Nothosaurus came out FREE. Still have my copy of the 1984 'Dinosaur Library' Nothosaurus book on the shelf by my desk.

I can stomach it for that price! Overall the figure is easily recognizable for what it is supposed to be, and who else is making a Nothosaurus in this scale anyway? Plus the Kaprosuchus is actually a pretty good figure to boot.

edit: On a side note of mild interest, after inspecting the belly stamp on both figures, not only did I find that it is misspelled as 'Scheich' on my Kaprosuchus, but the Nothosaurus is made in Tunisia, not China, which even makes me feel a little better about the Nothosaurus
Is it a bootleg?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

ItsTwentyBelow

S @SidB: I believe the Schleich blind bag minis are also stamped "Tunisia" but Nothosaurus was the first time I noticed it on a larger figure. My Schleich Kaprosuchus, Diabloceratops, and Oviraptor are all made in China, as is my much older Plateosaurus. I'll have to check out my other newish Schleichs but most are in storage.

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954: Definitely not a bootleg Kaprosuchus, just the stamp was spelled wrong. Wonder how many are like that? I bought it from a department store which I'm sure gets their shipments direct from Schleich. If you are asking about the Nothosaurus being a bootleg because it's made in Tunisia, no that's not the case. It isn't a secret that Schleich does some of their manufacturing in Tunisia.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: SidB on May 16, 2022, 05:23:04 AMTunisia! Is that a first?

Many of the modern animals from the last five or so years are made in Tunisia. I don't think I've seen it on any dinosaurs yet. I've also seen some with Romania on them, too.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Libraraptor

Every company nowadays sources work out to countries where it can be done cheaper so they can increase their profit. Most of these countries are in the far east and Africa. Children at the age of my children, who are 10 and 13 years old, are working for my sneakers, clothes and yes, dino figures, too. We should be honest about it.

SidB

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 16, 2022, 05:04:15 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 16, 2022, 05:23:04 AMTunisia! Is that a first?

Many of the modern animals from the last five or so years are made in Tunisia. I don't think I've seen it on any dinosaurs yet. I've also seen some with Romania on them, too.
Thanks for the info avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus and avatar_ItsTwentyBelow @ItsTwentyBelow , this is news, though I shouldn't be surprised,I suppose. Yes, avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor , there's often a shadowy side to what at first glance seems only a positive. That's the world we live in and it reflects both sides of our common human nature.

Libraraptor

Yes, we are ambivalent and complex creatures.

Szajmin

Brontozaurus

I found some of the 2022 lineup in a shop recently. In person they're mostly just decent, but I'm incredibly disappointed in the Majungasaurus' striking colours being completely ruined by a dark paint wash all over the figure. It reminded me of my first attempts at painting gaming miniatures when I just drowned them in washes instead of applying them carefully. And it was the one Schleich figure I was looking forward to this year!
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Halichoeres

I didn't see this mentioned upthread, but apologies if I missed it. Schleich is selling this advent calendar:

Which is pretty much crap. I'm curious about this little bird, though:

On their web site it's just listed as "blue bird," but it doesn't look much like a bluebird, maybe some European species instead? Nothing about it screams 'prehistoric' like the fish from the 2016 calendar, but has this bird shown up in other Schleich products? Anyone have a closer photo? Thanks in advance.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.