News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2022

Started by Takama, August 03, 2021, 08:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Its never too soon to start our first thread for 2022

The New Figures from Schleich are

15029 Amargasaurus

15030 Parasaurolophus

15031 Nothosaurus

15032 Majungasaurus

15033 Styracosaurus

this is for the 1rst half of the year, so more may be comeing down the line

While im here I will List off Whats being Retired, (Source being STS Forum)

Therizinosaurus Juvenile 15006
Dimorphodon 15012
Diabloceratops 15015

DragonRider02

That Diabloceratops really doesn't deserve to be retired, it's one of the best recent Schleich dinos.

Primeval12

I bet a lot of the species featured in the 2022/23 rosters will be species from JW: Dominion, Especially because we know a lot of them ahead of time.

CityRaptor

Some probably. Schleich didn't use much from JW:FK.

Quote from: Takama on August 03, 2021, 08:04:17 PM
Diabloceratops 15015

Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 03, 2021, 09:00:08 PM
That Diabloceratops really doesn't deserve to be retired, it's one of the best recent Schleich dinos.

"The good die young."

It's really very typical Schleich. Their good figures tend to get retired after a short time, while the terrible ones continue and continue and get like a bajillion repaints.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SidB

Yet, they continue in this pattern, which must be financially advantageous. There must exist some sort of appetite for the products that are kept on the market, even or maybe especially for the mediocrities.

Faelrin

With their aggressive marketing and primary target is children it doesn't surprise me. Still sad to see as it was one of their better looking sculpts like the Pentaceratops years prior and so recent like their Psittacosaurus and Dinogorgon. Nearly as short a shelf life as Mattel's stuff.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PrimevalRaptor

Guess I may have to see if I can pick it up soon, what a shame. You'd think for it's price and quality it'd stay on the shelf longer than some of their more questionable offerings...

Takama

Well Someone  on STS Forum found out what they are.

They are as follows

15029 Amargasaurus
15030 Parasaurolophus
15031 Nothosaurus
15032 Majungasaurus
15033 Styracosaurus

First Large Sized Nothosaurus Anyone?

BlueKrono

I'm always in for another Amargasaurus. My favorite sauropod (until someone makes a Brachytrachelopan). Curious to see what the do with the nothosaur too.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gwangi

I'm tentatively excited about the Nothosaurus, and curious about the Amargasaurus and Majungasaurus. I say tentatively because, well, we all know.

Dinoxels

Putting out my prediction here that the Nothosaurus and Majungasaurus will be duds.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Faelrin

Well the Nothosaurus is a nice choice. Last one made was the Safari Ltd toob one that is retired now right? It's Schleich though. I'm not going in expecting accuracy, same as how I approach the Mattel line, but this has me curious nonetheless. I am hoping the Styracosaurus is along the lines of their Pentaceratops, Triceratops, and Diabloceratops.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Dinoxels on August 12, 2021, 12:55:03 AM
Putting out my prediction here that the Nothosaurus and Majungasaurus will be duds.
And it would be a shame too because both of these deserve a good figure.

suspsy

Of all the companies likely to pull off a good Nothosaurus, I'd rate Schleich at the bottom alongside Papo. But perhaps they will pleasantly surprise us.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

Quote from: suspsy on August 12, 2021, 01:25:53 AM
Of all the companies likely to pull off a good Nothosaurus, I'd rate Schleich at the bottom alongside Papo. But perhaps they will pleasantly surprise us.
Even Papo I'd give a 50/50, since it might look like a sad lump with their other marine reptiles or it might be a fun snakey looking monster. I don't trust Schleich to be creative enough to do even that. Either they will copy a decent reconstruction by chance or it will be terrible, such is their way.

PrimevalRaptor

Oh hey, seems like my wish for a larger scale Nothosaurus is finally happening...let's hope it won't just be a Monkey's Paw.
Majungasaurus could be neat too...unless they go for sth like the JFC version, who knows.

sauroid

hate to be negative but im sure i will be disapointed. we are talking about Schleich here after all.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Sim

Quote from: Takama on August 12, 2021, 12:04:47 AM
Well Someone  on STS Forum found out what they are.

They are as follows

15029 Amargasaurus
15030 Parasaurolophus
15031 Nothosaurus
15032 Majungasaurus
15033 Styracosaurus

First Large Sized Nothosaurus Anyone?

Thanks for sharing this!  Schleich's will be the second large Nothosaurus, as the first was made by Imperial: http://dinotoyblog.com/2020/09/29/nothosaurus-imperial/  I think Schleich will get the teeth wrong, like they did on their Kaprosuchus, but I also think it's impossible for Schleich's Nothosaurus to be worse than Imperial's.  Nothosaurus is a great choice by Schleich and I hope their figure of it will be good.

Amargasaurus is another interesting choice as all the good figures of it get the beginning of the neck spines wrong.  I hope Schleich's doesn't and is a pleasant figure, they might just be able to offer the best Amargasaurus yet!

I don't know what to expect from their Majungasaurus, but I doubt it will be better than Wild Past's.

Parasaurolophus and Styracosaurus already have satisfactory figures.  I don't think Schleich's ceratopsians are very good, so I don't expect to be impressed by their Styracosaurus.  Parasaurolophus could be good depending on who sculpts it.

MLMjp

Considering their track record, I bet the Parasaurolophus will be the best of the bunch. The Styracosaurus could also be good if i turns out like their latest ceratopsians. Amargasaurus will probably have that weird scaly texture the Barapasaurus and Brachiosaurus had. Looking at their other marine reptiles I dont see the Nothosaurus turning out great...Majungasaurus will be as ugly as the usual Schleich theropod.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: MLMjp on August 12, 2021, 09:32:15 PM
Considering their track record, I bet the Parasaurolophus will be the best of the bunch. The Styracosaurus could also be good if i turns out like their latest ceratopsians. Amargasaurus will probably have that weird scaly texture the Barapasaurus and Brachiosaurus had. Looking at their other marine reptiles I dont see the Nothosaurus turning out great...Majungasaurus will be as ugly as the usual Schleich theropod.
You never know. The Tawa and Spino were good (although considerably worse than the prototypes)
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: