News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Medzo on June 02, 2022, 09:59:31 AM
Quote from: SRF on June 02, 2022, 09:55:06 AMavatar_Medzo @Medzo the Acro does look great. How does the size of its feet compare to the feet of the Allosaurus?

Something very noticable on PNSO theropods is that the feet on the non-Tyrannosaurs are very small compared to the feet of the Tyrannosaurs. I'm wondering if the feet of Allosauroids (and also Megalosaurids like Torvosaurus) are that small in comparison to the feet of Tyrannosaurs of around the same size? The feet on the T. Rex and Zhuchengtyrannus don't seem to be too big to me either. I do find it strange that the Qianzhousaurus has bigger feet than the Carcharodontosaurus though. And the difference between the feet of the Tarbosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus is immense. 

It's feet are not that much bigger actually. Not like with the scale of mass difference in the figures. The Zhuchengtyrannus's feet feels very tanky to me, allosauroids are nothing compared to it:

Spoiler

The Tyrannosaur is wider and bulkier and -figurewise - way heavier then the Acro, which has a more deeper belly on the other hand.
[close]
Congratulations on your purchase!  It looks fantastic, the scheme, the paint application, the pose, I love all of it! 

It is a bummer about the need for the crutch but I can live with that, not a big deal to me personally.

Abobo

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Abobo on June 03, 2022, 03:23:21 PM

Nice pic!

I'm still waiting for someone to put the Nanmu Indominus Rex vs it in a pic. ;)

KeU

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 03, 2022, 03:34:11 PMNice pic!
I think someone over in the Chinese forums did already.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7860013263

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtu.be/L5lCrN-axls
2022 PNSO Xinchuan the Sinraptor Review from Andy's Dinosaur Reviews.

SidB

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: KeU on June 03, 2022, 04:31:25 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 03, 2022, 03:34:11 PMNice pic!
I think someone over in the Chinese forums did already.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7860013263

wow..thats a bit more similar than i had thought.

Faras

PNSO Acrocanthosaurus and Sinraptor
-Open in new tab for bigger pics.
-Most pics taken in natural lights (a bit cloudy today) with a smartphone.

It's harvesting season, ho ho ho!
Spoiler

[close]

Acrocanthosaurus

Common issue: scratched paints, missing details on left side of the tail, 50/50 can't stand right out of the box (mine can stand, but not vert stable).
Spoiler

[close]

Tail length: ~18cm, body length: ~17cm. First claw on the right is slightly smaller than the second, on the left it's bigger than the rest. Feet are roughly same size as their Carcharodontosaurus.

Proportions feel fine in hand (can use more muscles on tail though). Tail is posed like "S" so it appears short in most full sideview pics. Pose is average PNSO - boring imo as it lacks tension or grace. Paint design on the body is superb, head is slightly too dark for me, flesh in mouth is painted in simple orange like Zhuchengtyrannus.
Spoiler

[close]

Appreciate the different skin details on spine. Here are some size comparison next to Carchar, Tarbo and Zhucheng (sorry for being lazy and not taking them out...):
Spoiler

[close]

Sinraptor

Common issue: awful stand length... Luckily it stands well. Some detail loss on the tail.
Spoiler

[close]

Tail length: ~13cm, body length: ~13cm.

The figure doesn't give too much less Indominus Rex vibe so long the mouth is closed, open mouth makes it look like a baby Nanmu Indominus Rex though. Tail length seems ok (again full sideview pics heavily screw it), but it's too thin, feels like rat tail and doesn't match the body (real animal probably wouldn't balance with it). Colours (esp. belly) are darker than Tarbosaurus with nice drybrush brining out details, mouth is well painted in pink and red (Acro lacks these despite having more complex design).
Spoiler

[close]

All in all I do like them despite both could use some improvements (Acro: pose, paints on head; Sinraptor: beefy tail). Well who doesn't like PNSO smart boi anyways ;)
Spoiler

[close]

SidB

Thanks, avatar_Faras @Faras , for this photo essay. I've already got both on order from the PNSO official store, and, despite the noted reservations, especially the thinnish tail on the Sinraptor, these images confirm that I made the right choice to acquire both of them, as far as I'm concerned.

Darko2300

So after all that, avatar_Faras @Faras it doesn't sound like you're too happy? I won't lie, I'm a little apprehensive about my Acro that's arriving next week now... 😟

Faras

S @SidB My pleasure :) Yup these two are pretty close to various photos and up to expectations (except tail length in promo pics...).

avatar_Darko2300 @Darko2300 I'm quite content, it's a decent figure and exactly what I expected, just not "surprisingly good" like Zhuchengtyrannus or Torosaurus so I might not sound thrilled :) It has one of the best PNSO paintjobs, you might like it more if you appreciate good paints. Personally I'm more focused on poses and Acro isn't too impressive in this aspect. Anyways, PNSO stuffs do tend to grow on me so my opinion might change for the better in a week.

Concavenator

As always thank you for the pics avatar_Faras @Faras . BTW, have you thought about creating a collection thread?

CarnotaurusKing

Not sure if we're still arguing about the Sinraptor's tail, but this skeletal by GetAwayTrike (of S. hepingensis) reconstructs it with a shorter and thinner tail than most reconstructions.  Though, of course, this does nothing to fix its toothy grin.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on June 05, 2022, 01:48:27 AMNot sure if we're still arguing about the Sinraptor's tail, but this skeletal by GetAwayTrike (of S. hepingensis) reconstructs it with a shorter and thinner tail than most reconstructions.  Though, of course, this does nothing to fix its toothy grin.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
Come to think of it, that skull reminds me of the figure as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they based the figure off this skeletal/a similar one.

Faras

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator My pleasure :) Yup been thinking about it, though atm I'm waiting for a few pieces, so perhalps by the end of this month ^-^

Leyster

I'm researching on the tail thing. Stay turned.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Shadowknight1

Hm.  I'm curious, are there precedents for asymmetrical color patterns in nature?  Just noting looking at pictures of the Acro from above that the differences are sometimes jarring.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

GiganotosaurusFan

#69...nice.
Yes, I believe so, like cows have them! Bad example but sure.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

ceratopsian

At least among mammals there are.  Horses.  Think of skewbalds and piebalds.  The two sides won't match.  If you look at a blaze/stripe down a horse's face, they are frequently asymmetrical.  I doubt that a leopard or cheetah has its spots symmetrically arranged on each side - though I've never actually examined a photograph from each side.  I doubt that striped animals like zebras are precisely the same on each side, so too reticulated animals like giraffes.  Outside of mammals, Koi carp do not have their patterns symmetrically arranged on each side.  I have Golden Tench in my pond with irregular dark markings over their basic orange/gold - but those dark markings aren't symmetrical.

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 05, 2022, 03:08:47 PMHm.  I'm curious, are there precedents for asymmetrical color patterns in nature?  Just noting looking at pictures of the Acro from above that the differences are sometimes jarring.

Faelrin

avatar_Faras @Faras Thanks for the images. I hope to pick this up after I move. Easily one of my favorites that I've seen PNSO put out yet, and I really can't wait to get it in hand.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: