News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Yeah, looks pretty good, gotta say.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Carnoking

I can't recall if I got a word in edge wise when this figure was revealed but I liked it then and I love it now!

Gwangi

The Acrocanthosaurus definitely has one of the better paintjobs of the PNSO theropods. I've come around to it and I will get it eventually, but it is not a high priority.

Concavenator

Dang, I love this one now. Looks really nice. With that coloration, it looks like it comes straight out of a Gabriel Ugueto illustration. Also avatar_Sim @Sim , you were right, looks like it has the enlarged thumbclaw after all.

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on June 01, 2022, 01:00:28 AMDang, I love this one now. Looks really nice. With that coloration, it looks like it comes straight out of a Gabriel Ugueto illustration. Also avatar_Sim @Sim , you were right, looks like it has the enlarged thumbclaw after all.
I hope that they're consistent with the large thumbclaw. My Allosaurus came without that trait, whereas others apparently had it, so hopefully no disappointment.

SenSx

I like the black head of that Acro !

Medzo

Just a high contrast edited photo imho. Will be more faded for sure.

Thialfi

Quote from: Medzo on June 01, 2022, 06:27:50 AMJust a high contrast edited photo imho. Will be more faded for sure.
Came here to say that, I don't feel this image is representative of the true, in hand colours of the model. This is definitely doctored with.

SidB

Quote from: Thialfi on June 01, 2022, 09:13:28 AM
Quote from: Medzo on June 01, 2022, 06:27:50 AMJust a high contrast edited photo imho. Will be more faded for sure.
Came here to say that, I don't feel this image is representative of the true, in hand colours of the model. This is definitely doctored with.
Definitely a possible inspiration for a repaint, though, for the enterprising purchaser.

postsaurischian

Quote from: SidB on June 01, 2022, 12:43:43 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on June 01, 2022, 09:13:28 AM
Definitely a possible inspiration for a repaint, though, for the enterprising purchaser.

Of course the pic is just my interpretation with a lot of sunlight. Remember Magritte?

Leyster

I have to say this: the "enlarged thumbclaw" story has to end. It's true that having the first ungual bigger than the other one is a common trait in predatory theropods (for biomechanical reasons), it's also true that you can check measurements and even a drawing in Currie & Carpenter (2000) and the first claw of Acrocanthosaurus is not exagerately bigger than the second one, unlike other theropods. Indeed, it's a detail that can easisly be overlooked at the scale most models are. Sorry but I keep seeing this beng pointed out as it was some big deal: it's not Baryonyx or Megaraptor, people.

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SidB

Nothing wrong with what you are doing, L @Leyster . It's educational, and I think that you have to be a bit like a hammer - repetition is essential. As has been said:"Repetition is the soul of learning"!

Medzo

Just got Fergus delivered today.

Proportions seem completely fine in hand. The tail is a bit curved it was only perspective imho, head size feels right as well. Sadly my only PNSO theropod which could not stand on its own out of the box. Easy to solve with the support rod but still a thing I dislike.

Anyway Fergus is going to be a nice addition to my humble collection

SRF

avatar_Medzo @Medzo the Acro does look great. How does the size of its feet compare to the feet of the Allosaurus?

Something very noticable on PNSO theropods is that the feet on the non-Tyrannosaurs are very small compared to the feet of the Tyrannosaurs. I'm wondering if the feet of Allosauroids (and also Megalosaurids like Torvosaurus) are that small in comparison to the feet of Tyrannosaurs of around the same size? The feet on the T. Rex and Zhuchengtyrannus don't seem to be too big to me either. I do find it strange that the Qianzhousaurus has bigger feet than the Carcharodontosaurus though. And the difference between the feet of the Tarbosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus is immense. 
But today, I'm just being father

Medzo

Quote from: SRF on June 02, 2022, 09:55:06 AMavatar_Medzo @Medzo the Acro does look great. How does the size of its feet compare to the feet of the Allosaurus?

Something very noticable on PNSO theropods is that the feet on the non-Tyrannosaurs are very small compared to the feet of the Tyrannosaurs. I'm wondering if the feet of Allosauroids (and also Megalosaurids like Torvosaurus) are that small in comparison to the feet of Tyrannosaurs of around the same size? The feet on the T. Rex and Zhuchengtyrannus don't seem to be too big to me either. I do find it strange that the Qianzhousaurus has bigger feet than the Carcharodontosaurus though. And the difference between the feet of the Tarbosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus is immense. 

It's feet are not that much bigger actually. Not like with the scale of mass difference in the figures. The Zhuchengtyrannus's feet feels very tanky to me, allosauroids are nothing compared to it:

Spoiler

The Tyrannosaur is wider and bulkier and -figurewise - way heavier then the Acro, which has a more deeper belly on the other hand.
[close]

SidB

avatar_Medzo @Medzo , congrats on the safe arrival of the very impressive Fergus. BTW, I like your use of the wall space to display your growing collection.

SRF

avatar_Medzo @Medzo thanks for the comparison pictures. Really nice to see the Acro and Zhucheng together.
But today, I'm just being father

Shadowknight1

I like that the stand goes up further back on the chest than on the Allosaurus and Winter Winston, but I wish they didn't try to make the cradle part as small as possible.  It's clear plastic, it's not going to hurt the display value if the cradle comes up a bit more around the chest.  It would feel more stable that way and be easier to place, in my opinion.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Darko2300

avatar_Medzo @Medzo - Those are some fantastic pictures - thank you. (And you refer to your collection as 'humble', but I'm really, really blown away by it. More is not always better, and I think your display is gorgeous. What a fun place to live! 😁)

Bread

So, I wonder when PNSO will pump out another figure?

I know there is another rumored list? Although incomplete and vary subtle in naming really much.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: