News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darko2300

Quote from: rm0918 on May 30, 2022, 12:15:36 PMJust received a shipping update from Amazon for the Sinraptor.  Instead of July, it will be delivered between June 4 & 6.  The Acro is also available for Prime shipping and can be delivered between June 6 & 7.

I wasn't that interested in either of these before, but I love how knowing I could have one delivered so quickly has me wanting to change my mind. 😅

Update: It looks like the Acro is in-stock at Lana Time. Proportions definitely look better: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeL45nRLqTa/

CarnotaurusKing

That does look better. The definitive Acrocanthosaurus IMO. But the Sinraptor looks the same as it did before. Still looks great (as usual with PNSO), but I would've preferred it being better proportioned and with less of the snaggletoothed look. Come to think of it, it looks a bit chimeric. The head and arms of a Sinraptor with the body, tail and legs of a Skorpiovenator. Like a theropodic centaur. Makes me wish even more that they made a Skorpiovenator or some other abelisaurid, like Rajasaurus or Majungasaurus.

Faras

Yeah propotions look better. Nice timing on Amazon as I'm grabing both Acrocanthosaurus and Sinraptor on 31st, hopefully receiving them and posting in-hand pics here on 3-4th June (bet there'll be loads of pics on Tieba starting from 1st June).

SenSx

Yep that Acro is beast.
I just want to wait for the GR Toys one just to see, it might have a more vibrant color scheme.
But at the end of the day, the best sculpt will win, regardless of the paint job.

Darko2300

I broke down and just bought the Acro. 😅 I think it's the color scheme that got me. It'll just look so nice next to my Tarbo, I couldn't resist.

Gwangi

Seems like the Sinraptor is out of stock on amazon. I see no option to put it in my cart.  :-\

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: rm0918 on May 30, 2022, 12:15:36 PMJust received a shipping update from Amazon for the Sinraptor.  Instead of July, it will be delivered between June 4 & 6.  The Acro is also available for Prime shipping and can be delivered between June 6 & 7.
Wait the acro is Prime? I checked and it says it's not. Or you mean it will be on 6 and 7.

Darko2300

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 30, 2022, 06:52:04 PM
Wait the acro is Prime? I checked and it says it's not. Or you mean it will be on 6 and 7.

It's sold by PNSO, but fulfilled by Amazon. The ultimate test is that it allowed me to pay for gift wrap, so I know it's coming from an Amazon Warehouse. Scheduled delivery June 6-8. The listing says free Prime delivery, but there's no Prime Logo next to it, so it is a little confusing.

Concavenator

The Acro looks to have better proportions indeed (maybe not perfect, but clearly better). I will wait and see how GR Toys' version fares against PNSO's but I really like this one already.

The Sinraptor on the other hand isn't that good IMO. The skull is deformed, the tail is way too short (no, not just a little) and I just don't care for the Indominus vibes. The fact that I'm not super enthusiastic about the genus makes the decision to skip it a lot easier. I don't get why does it have such a short tail, didn't they realize it? Compare its tail to the tail of the Allosaurus, Zhuchengtyrannus, Yutyrannus... I recently read L @Leyster 's review of the Vitae Sinraptor on Paleo-Nerd and I was positively surprised by that figure. I know that some people don't like the sculpting style on it, and I also understand that it's a different Sinraptor species, but if I were to choose a figure of this genus I would go with Vitae's in this case, I think it's a better alternative. More accurate and (probably) cheaper. A pretty sculpt isn't everything for me.

I really hope PNSO pays a little more attention to proportions in the future, it has been a recurrent issue. They clearly paid attention to fans' suggestions about the scale size, and that lead to a clear improvement on their figures that pretty much all of us are enjoying now, it was a good change. If they pay more attention to accuracy, their figures will improve quite a bit.

Bread

Besides the slight proportional issues, it is one of PNSO's best "in-hand figure looks close to promotional images" in my opinion.

I have been craving an Acrocanthosaurus for some time now, but I am fine with waiting to see GR Toy's before jumping the gun on this one.

It is funny how desired this genus is. Maybe it is due to its short lived popularity from Monsters Resurrected documentary, or due to its unique build compared to other Carcharodontosaurs.

Gwangi

Quote from: Bread on May 30, 2022, 11:51:36 PMIt is funny how desired this genus is. Maybe it is due to its short lived popularity from Monsters Resurrected documentary, or due to its unique build compared to other Carcharodontosaurs.

For me, my love for Acrocanthosaurus comes from it being featured in the book Raptor Red, as well as its unique appearance.

suspsy

I've never loved Acrocanthosaurus, but it is a cool-looking animal, certainly more than most other carcharodontosaurs. I have the Wild Safari version of it and that's the only one I need.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

Quote from: Bread on May 30, 2022, 11:51:36 PMIt is funny how desired this genus is.

I also find that interesting, there were a lot of people hyped for a new Acrocanthosaurus. I have always liked that dinosaur, but it isn't among my favorites either (and that comes from someone who really likes allosauroids). I don't necessarily find it more interesting than other carcharodontosaurids just because it had tall neural spines. Although needless to say, this is simply my view, I understand and totally respect that there are many reasons as to why someone might love a particular creature.

However I must say that I'm as excited for the upcoming Suchomimus as all those people were for the Acrocanthosaurus.

Shadowknight1

My love for Acrocanthosaurus started with either JP Operation Genesis or Warpath Jurassic Park.  I can't remember which came first, but it featured in both games.  The love grew when I found out it was discovered in my home state.

That said, I have to admit, I hate how Instagram refuses to let you look at anything if you don't have an account and for some reason I can't make an account as it says my email is already associated with an account, but I can't change my password because there's no account with that email address.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Darko2300

avatar_Shadowknight1 @Shadowknight1 You can find the pictures on the Lana Toys Facebook page as well, but I'm not sure if that helps.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 31, 2022, 02:26:21 PMavatar_Shadowknight1 @Shadowknight1 You can find the pictures on the Lana Toys Facebook page as well, but I'm not sure if that helps.
It did, thanks.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Justin_

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 31, 2022, 04:18:53 AM.......I hate how Instagram refuses to let you look at anything if you don't have an account ......

There are a few sites that let you look at Instagram without an account. I use imginn.com .

https://imginn.com/lanadeltime2018/

postsaurischian

ROARRR!

Darko2300

Dear God, I hope mine looks that good! 😍

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: