News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I don't know about y'all but a Hank figure would be awesome, even if just a repaint of Wilson
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Lynx on August 30, 2022, 05:00:35 PMI don't know about y'all but a Hank figure would be awesome, even if just a repaint of Wilson
I hope it comes with a miniature propane tank, tractor, propane grill, Alamo beer and-
Oh that Hank.
I agree that will be pretty cool

suspsy

Other than sharing the same name and a love for red meat, PP Hank really isn't like KotH Hank Hill at all. The latter is stuffy, uptight, and totally afraid of intimacy. Whereas PP Hank is completely at ease with publicly wooing a gorgeous lady and then ravishing her outdoors. He is as much of a lover as he is a fighter.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

avatar_suspsy @suspsy They still are both good dads, kind of.
And what do you expect from a animal and a human, an animal doesn't have shame in this way.
A human has/should decency and morals
But you are spot on the red meat

Fembrogon

I thought it was confirmed the male Tyrannosaurs from Episodes 1 & 3 were separate individuals... But this is getting off-tangent.

A series of PhP-inspired PNSO models would be terrific, for sure. a "Hank" model would be fairly different from Wilson beyond coloration, though; if nothing else Hank is fully lipped, has differently-shaped facial ridges, and more subtle scale texture.

Lynx

I hope they make a separate model for that reason exactly
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Thialfi on August 30, 2022, 03:10:01 PMI don't really see this coming to anything either, and agree that it's PNSO that will benefit in terms of scientific accuracy. But we can't rule out the merchandise sales that might benefit Prehistoric Planet, will spread its name and could lead to more series being made.

Yeah, it would definitely be a cool collaboration if it ever did happen. Kaikaifilu, Corythoraptor, Beelzebufo...lots of potential.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lynx

I just realized this could mean a velociraptor figure from PNSO!  ;D
An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

I guess it has been about a month already  :o

dragon53

Joel1905

Quote from: Carnoking on September 06, 2022, 05:52:49 PMI guess it has been about a month already  :o
A figure every month is their usual schedule!

Carnoking

Indeed, a welcome relief from their figure a week they were doing a while back. I just can't believe it's already been a month since the Sinopliosaurus was released upon the world.

Concavenator

Quote from: Flaffy on August 19, 2022, 02:39:04 PMPlenty of other spinosaurids to pick and choose from, but most are highly fragmentary. Though I guess the more fragmentary, the better fit it is, since PNSO essentially created a generic spinosaurid model.

According to Ibrahim et al. 2020, Sigilmassasaurus, Oxalaia and S.maroccanus are now synonyms of S.aegyptiacus, as they declare the autapomorphies to be the result of intraspecific variation. Here's the paper (it's paywalled, but you can still read the abstract).

You're right about spinosaurids though, they're so fragmentary... The only ones with decent remains are Suchomimus and Baryonyx.

Remko

Quote from: Jetdin on August 13, 2022, 04:40:39 PMhere are some photos:

Oh, wow!

I had no idea there was a credible fossile for such an enormous Barosaurus. That modelkit looks amazing, expensive, but amazing. Surely something to consider for the future!

Bread

If I recall correctly, PNSO's recent schedule reveals haven't been a month exactly. Plus, I am pretty sure they often do weekday reveals?

Lynx

An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

Got my copy of PNSO's Sinopliosaurus or whatever. Whacky title on the box aside, it's another solid figure I'm glad to have.

Shonisaurus

How beautiful and well finished! PNSO has done an outstanding job regardless Carnoking's photo credit is impeccable. Thanks for sharing.

suspsy

It certainly is a nice-looking toy. Too bad it wasn't Baryonyx or Suchomimus or Ichythyovenator. Not gonna lie, while I have nothing against Chinese dinosaurs, I hope PNSO expands their focus in the near future. Some European, African, and Australian genera would be swell.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

It will just be serving as my stand-in Suchomimus for the time being seeing as I don't actually have a model of that particular genus in my collection. Even if this figure isn't a perfect representation of Suchomimus, I would certainly take a somewhat inaccurate Suchomimus over an entirely speculative reconstruction of an animal known only from teeth (and yes, that applies to Siamosaurus as well).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: