News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Je l'adore !
Le Deinocheirus est pas français pourtant ?

I like it better than the Collecta and Safari, but I don't think they are completely burried by this new one, they're still good in their own way, 3 good Deinocheirus.

Now if we could have one single good Gigantoraptor...

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: KrazyKaprosuchus on September 24, 2022, 02:02:53 PMYES it looks gorgeous! Instant buy from me! And by my (questionable) math, it seems to be around 1:35 scale!

Wow!  Yet another instant buy for me.  I still love the safari one I have but this?  this thing is incredible!

Flaffy

Quote from: Joel1905 on September 24, 2022, 01:53:53 PMBad Theropods? What? This is the first time I've heard this... you genuinely think their Acrocanthosaurus, Allosaurus, Yutyrannus etc are bad? That's a reach.

The Yutyrannus is quite mediocre yes. The other two I agree are nice though. Not perfect, but well above the competition.

Flaffy

Another win from PNSO! I'm surprised they didn't try to milk this figure and place it in the Museum Series.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Joel1905 on September 24, 2022, 01:53:53 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 24, 2022, 01:44:53 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on September 24, 2022, 01:34:19 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 24, 2022, 01:33:25 PMHow the hell did PNSO of all companies make that

What is that supposed to mean?
PNSO makes bad theropods and this is genuinely one of the best deinocheirus reconstructions I have ever seen

Bad Theropods? What? This is the first time I've heard this... you genuinely think their Acrocanthosaurus, Allosaurus, Yutyrannus etc are bad? That's a reach.
Acro's ugly, Allo & Yuty are fine at best especially for the price tag
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Joel1905

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 24, 2022, 02:15:08 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on September 24, 2022, 01:53:53 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 24, 2022, 01:44:53 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 24, 2022, 01:33:25 PMHow the hell did PNSO of all companies make that

PNSO makes bad theropods and this is genuinely one of the best deinocheirus reconstructions I have ever seen

Bad Theropods? What? This is the first time I've heard this... you genuinely think their Acrocanthosaurus, Allosaurus, Yutyrannus etc are bad? That's a reach.
Acro's ugly, Allo & Yuty are fine at best especially for the price tag

I'm baffled... I've never seen anyone share those sentiments, a personal friend of mine is one of the biggest Dino collectors on YouTube and he's given them all glowing reviews. Not to mention praise from Paleoartists and actual professionals in the field.

CARN0TAURUS

It doesn't mean much...except perhaps that he doesn't like pnso prices...

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 24, 2022, 02:15:08 PMAcro's ugly,
You are entitled to your opinion, but also... WHAT

Carnoking

Oh my, that is one beautiful beast! Well done, PNSO, well done indeed!

Carnoking

Also, strongly disagree that their therapods are "bad". I will concede that their non-therapod figures are generally better, and I do sincerely wish they'd add some extra oral tissue to their therapods but I wouldn't go so far as to say they're not good.

Bread

Yeah... I've always been not too big of a fan of PNSO's therapods, too. They're not bad, but I want less of them to continue...

Bring on more of these giant fluffy herbivores!

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dusty Wren

Yessss, this is what I was waiting for. I've been on the verge of buying the Safari Deinocheirus for a while now, but it's a little too small for me. I was holding out to see if PNSO released one. And they delivered a beautiful figure!
Check out my customs thread!

Carnoking

Quote from: Dusty Wren on September 24, 2022, 03:08:55 PMYessss, this is what I was waiting for. I've been on the verge of buying the Safari Deinocheirus for a while now, but it's a little too small for me. I was holding out to see if PNSO released one. And they delivered a beautiful figure!

I should have waited just a little longer! I caved back in July because I figured PNSO would never do something as unique as Deinocheirus. Boy did they prove me wrong! Oh well, I'm still happy to have Safari's as well, can't get enough of this odd duck.

Stegotyranno420

That is amazing.
Thank God it's not museum line. Deinocheirus is pretty cool but I was never that tempted to get a figure.
But this IS tempting.
Great work Pnso

Pliosaurking

Now that's how you do a Deinocherius! Well done PNSO!
I wanted to get Safari's but never did mainly due to the size, glad I waited!
Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I don't think PNSO's therapods are bad, Some like their Acrocanthosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus are rather well done in my eyes. Now that being said they aren't perfect.

Blade-of-the-Moon

This will clear some shelf space on my feathered dinos shelf..I can finally sell the Safari and CollectAs off.

Concavenator

Great release by PNSO, and, unlike last time, not one that's entirely limited to simply being a pretty figure, Deinocheirus is a great choice for a figure for a good number of reasons. I wonder if Prehistoric Planet motivated them to give it a try... this is their first ornithomimosaur. Nice plumage too, it's reminiscent of the Saurian ornithomimid, which I love.

This slower pace of PNSO is really welcome in my book, not only it's easier to catch up on their releases now, but if they continue with this pace, in the middle-long term I imagine it will lend to a better paint-app in older figures, which is an important detail. At the end of the day, what's really important is quality.

avatar_suspsy @suspsy just like their other bipeds, this one will include the usual acrylic stand, so unless you particularly dislike those, the stability issue should be out of the way.

Andre

Wow.. gorgeous figure!! Instant buy for me, as well!!!!

SidB

What a splendid addition to PNSO's line-up! I wasn't expecting this one, so the surprise makes it's reveal all the better. Also, at least there won't be a lips or cheeks  debate on this one, presumably.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: