News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooOldForDinosaurs

Faelrin

I just woke up a bit ago. First thing I saw and I'm already in love with it. So beautifully done. Hope the paint apps don't disappoint. Still behind on a lot of Mattel stuff, so this might need to wait until next year sadly. My little beautiful Safari Ltd one had a good run for a while though.

Honestly I feel the same way about this like I did with the Parasaurolophus. This is might very well be the definitive Deinocheirus model for me now.

Guess this is another on my wishlist with them from a while back (2021 I think?), that I can cross off.

Edit: The poster it comes with is really nice as well. Nice enough for me to consider framing on my wall.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eatmycar

I just don't see the allure. It's such a shame too seeing PNSO of all companies doing this. It's a gorgeous sculpt, agreed. It's a gorgeous paint job, agreed.

But with the rising prices, I'm sorry, I can't justify PNSO's "premium" when all of their bipeds eventually end up warping and unable to stand. Even their Corythosaurus has issues and it's a quadruped.

This isn't even a cost thing for me, it's just a quality control thing. Oh, stick a rod under it and it's fine? Im sorry. That's not excusable for the prices demanded by PNSO. This Deinocheirus is going to end up warping and unable to stand in a week, and yet everybody will throw money at them. I just don't see the appeal.

SRF

Quote from: Eatmycar on September 24, 2022, 04:43:00 PMI just don't see the allure. It's such a shame too seeing PNSO of all companies doing this. It's a gorgeous sculpt, agreed. It's a gorgeous paint job, agreed.

But with the rising prices, I'm sorry, I can't justify PNSO's "premium" when all of their bipeds eventually end up warping and unable to stand. Even their Corythosaurus has issues and it's a quadruped.

This isn't even a cost thing for me, it's just a quality control thing. Oh, stick a rod under it and it's fine? Im sorry. That's not excusable for the prices demanded by PNSO. This Deinocheirus is going to end up warping and unable to stand in a week, and yet everybody will throw money at them. I just don't see the appeal.

The rods are supplied to prevent the figure from warping over time, not because it's a given fact that all bipeds from PNSO tend to warp in a short time. All my bipeds from PNSO, mainly releases from last year, stand perfectly fine.
But today, I'm just being father

Duna

I feel just like when they released the Parasaurolophus. Literally nothing to say about it, it's PERFECT!! Another figure that should be a super seller.

Faelrin

Just realized we are still missing 65 as far as these number codes go. Wonder what that will be? But at least we have this one to fill in 64, since the spinosaurid was 66, and prior to that the Lingwulong was 63.

Also glad these reveals have slowed down. I still have quite a lot with PNSO to catch up, but in due time. At least I have plenty of time to think about which ones I actually want, and not just because of the newness factor. That said I think this one will be an absolute want, as was the Parasaurolophus and Lambeosaurus in the past, and the Acrocanthosaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

JohannesB

That's a rather thick coat of fluff. Is there any reason (or evidence) for that (except as a convention in paleoart these days)? Genuinely curious.

Thialfi

Quote from: JohannesB on September 24, 2022, 07:12:42 PMThat's a rather thick coat of fluff. Is there any reason (or evidence) for that (except as a convention in paleoart these days)? Genuinely curious.
http://markwitton-com.blogspot.com/2019/10/megafuzz-under-microscope-how-credible.html?m=1

Here's an interesting article on the matter, you might like it.

Loon

That's gorgeous. I'm gonna buy it, no question. I wouldn't have minded a less fluffy or even a barely feathered figure, but Prehistoric Planet made me really want a dirty looking, shaggy deinocheirus, so I don't mind. I do dread the eventual disappointment when we get some in-hand pictures, because I can guarantee those colors aren't going to look anywhere near as nice. Still, I'm happy there's a PNSO that genuinely interests me again and that there's finally a nice, big deinocheirus that doesn't look flattened.

PrimevalRaptor

Whoa, this guy is gorgeous! Big fan of the more shaggy feather coat and that coloration, this one's sure to stand out among other PNSO models.

SidB

Glad to see this one instead of the rumored Diplodocus.

GiganotosaurusFan

Whoa!
This shows that they really can pull off feathers.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Lynx

I just woke up and have no words. This is beyond amazing. Will be ordering on release. I don't have anything to complain about.
An oversized house cat.

Gwangi

Beautiful! One of the more exciting releases from PNSO as of late. I don't have Safari's or CollectA's so I'm putting this one on the wish list. I've been wishing for a Deinocheirus from PNSO for some time and this one does not disappoint.

ceratopsian

Certainly not what I expected PNSO to release but a delightfully pleasant surprise to find just before bedtime after a taxing day of study! I'll be buying this one for sure.

Fembrogon

I am delighted to see another Deinocheirus on the market, and this one looks like it should be a winner!
I also don't doubt at all that this particular color scheme drew inspiration from Prehistoric Planet, which is fine by me.

terrorchicken

I love him! why does deinocheirus always remind me of Big Bird?  :))

about PNSO's theropods, I really like them but I do think they tend to look a bit "samey". I think its b/c of how similar their color schemes tend to be.

Primeval12

First we get the excellent Acro (which I still need to buy), then the SUBLIME "Sinopliosaurus" Siamosaurus and now this. PNSO is Killing it. I love it and will be buying it instantly when it drops on AliExpress.

Samrukia

Quote from: Fembrogon on September 24, 2022, 11:37:02 PMI am delighted to see another Deinocheirus on the market, and this one looks like it should be a winner!
I also don't doubt at all that this particular color scheme drew inspiration from Prehistoric Planet, which is fine by me.

id say more. i would love if they continued to produce figures of species shown in PP (with inspired colorschemes)

Velociraptor
Therizinosaurus
Edmontosaurus
Dreadnoughtus
Azhdarchids
etc

that would be a "dream come true"

Shadowknight1

While Deinocheirus isn't on my personal wishlist, seeing those feathers makes me want to keep wishing for them to do a Utahraptor so I can finally retire the REBOR one.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: