News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Quote from: Lynx on September 26, 2022, 06:45:22 PMIs this figure museum line or not? Might not get it if that is the case, too much paper and I won't watch the videos.

No it's not. It's number 64 of the Prehistoric Animal models line.
But today, I'm just being father

Leyster

QuoteWhat do you mean with regards to the position of the specimen?
Here.
QuoteWhat do you mean when you say "in their guano"?
It's the term for the feces of birds and bats. In seabird colonies it can form relatively thick deposits and its highly acid, destroying the feathers but otherwise beautifully preserving the specimens since it's an hostile environment for decomposers.
QuoteThe impression from Confuciusornis is just microscopic skin cells
The point is that they're superficially similar to scales, and from a photo we shouldn't jump to coclusions on the nature of the integument. Not when, as I said, lot of big names in paleontology (Darren Naish, to cite one) are not that sure Tyrannosaurus "scales" look like scales.

avatar_Lynx @Lynx as far as I understood no, it's in the regular line.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

ceratopsian

Definitely part of the Prehistoric Animals line and not the Museum Line, avatar_Lynx @Lynx.  You can see this information on several of the Facebook images released by PNSO.

Quote from: Lynx on September 26, 2022, 06:45:22 PMIs this figure museum line or not? Might not get it if that is the case, too much paper and I won't watch the videos.

Sim

With all due respect to him, I don't trust Michael Deak.  But even if the skin didn't come from the neck, and was another patch from the ilium, the top of Tyrannosaurus's pelvic area preserved scaly skin.  So I don't know what the point he's trying to make is.

I'm not jumping to a conclusion on the nature of the integument, I'm believing the result from a peer-reviewed paper from respectable authours, after having considered it myself.  The "doesn't look like scales" argument has already been made and I responded to it with a dodo foot that shows irregularly arranged scales.

Lynx

Quote from: Sim on September 26, 2022, 07:47:46 PMThe "doesn't look like scales" argument has already been made and I responded to it with a dodo foot that shows irregularly arranged scales.

I don't know much regarding this, but I think this argument would be more convincing if it weren't on the foot, which always will be bare of feathers as far as we know.

However, I understand your points. I'm leaning more on the 'no feathers' side for tyrannosaurus currently, but time will tell.
An oversized house cat.

Leyster

avatar_Sim @Sim it all good to believe the results of peer reviewed papers, but, when so many people have expressed their skepticism over the results, one has all the rights to be cautious. Or we should have accepted for good Paul's three Tyrannosaurus species, too... which no one did. And mind that no, I'm not comparing Bell et al. paper to Paul's, it's just a general example, as I'm not saying that Tyrannosaurus could not have been scaly, just that atm one cannot say the evidence is anywhere near definitive. To quote Thomas Holtz on the matter, "I would say that we have to keep open to a number of possibilities. What we have is mud pushed in by bumps on the skin. Interpretations beyond that will require more lines of evidence".
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Faras

In hand pics, brilliant paints:  https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8045570839

I'll wait for national day sale on 1st Oct.

Faelrin

avatar_Faras @Faras Thanks for sharing that link. Man, it looks like they absolutely nailed the paint on this one. Like with the Parasaurolophus I also adore (and dearly miss now with it in storage). It also looks like they added a spotted pattern under the cream color on the back, which I didn't notice on the promo images, but still it looks quite good. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Edit: avatar_Sim @Sim Thanks for jogging my memory on all of that actually. Had a feeling I might have been misremembering something, or getting some of the details wrong, since it has been a while since I last looked it up. And I do recall learning about the plesiosaur thing before, but of course I did indeed forget about it unfortunately.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

If anything, the in hand figure looks better than the promotional images. Duller and flatter colors in a good way? Less shine than I was anticipating which is great!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lana has the Deinocheirus in stock now : https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/pnso/products/pnso-64

Odd it says the jaw can't move? Pics show both open and closed?

Pliosaurking

It's great to see that the Actual Product has carried over the promo colours, and as others have mentioned the paint is actually superior.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Joel1905 on September 24, 2022, 02:19:00 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 24, 2022, 02:15:08 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on September 24, 2022, 01:53:53 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 24, 2022, 01:44:53 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on September 24, 2022, 01:34:19 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 24, 2022, 01:33:25 PMHow the hell did PNSO of all companies make that

What is that supposed to mean?
PNSO makes bad theropods and this is genuinely one of the best deinocheirus reconstructions I have ever seen

Bad Theropods? What? This is the first time I've heard this... you genuinely think their Acrocanthosaurus, Allosaurus, Yutyrannus etc are bad? That's a reach.
Acro's ugly, Allo & Yuty are fine at best especially for the price tag

I'm baffled... I've never seen anyone share those sentiments, a personal friend of mine is one of the biggest Dino collectors on YouTube and he's given them all glowing reviews. Not to mention praise from Paleoartists and actual professionals in the field.

Well, I've compared their Torvosaurus to Nelson Muntz, and I think the face of their Sinraptor is horrific. They're just allergic to soft tissue around the mouth, it seems.

Anyway, doesn't seem to be an issue here! If PNSO has more theropods in the works, let them be beaked ones! And it's nice to be reminded they can do feathers when they want to.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Remko

Torvosaurus isn't that bad, but the Sinraptor looks like that Indominus Rex monstrosity... Shame, as the rest of the figure is quite beautiful.

Can't wait for Deinocheirus. Will look great with their Tarbosaurus. Now hoping for a Saichania.

Faras

PNSO Deinocheirus

Sale started earlier than expected :D  Grouping it with other herbivores as space is become sparse in Theropods shelf...

Common issue: majority of received figures (mine included) couldn't stand on their own, easy fix via heating. Though it's too heavy and feet are too small, toes wrap pretty quickly without stand.

What a gorgeous figure! First time the paints stay close to poster, bit of blue on the tail is a welcoming change for balancing out blue neck, though maybe keeping feathers on the neck while would offer a more natural look (factory painters might mess it up, of course...). IMO actual figure look better than promo pics, mainly cause colour of the back and tail stripes stay the same - on prototype the "hump" seems somewhat darker while stripes are fairly white, which unnecessary on a already pretty colourful figure and breaks the transition.

Lots of (awful smartphone) pics since this figure is my new favourite ;D

Angry bird eyes ;) Mouth closes nicely (mine has slightly too much pink on left side). There's a gap between jaw muscles when mouth is opened, probably caused by thin skull and little room for muscles on lower jaw. Mouth of mine is very tight, maybe paints on joints are too thick.

Brilliant feathers, muscles and skin. Seems they chose "naked skin" for limbs and underside of the body, only feet have scales.

It's pretty big, 323.3g (chunky Tarbo is 303.5g). IIRC Lingwulong is around 650g.

This one and Tarbo has matching poses (maybe I should've opened Deinocheirus' mouth):

10/10 recommended, this Deinocheirus is probably the best PNSO PVC figure (until they release more ;)), being part of prehistoric line it's also great value for the price.

PS: over 421 pcs sold in domestic market in less than 5 days.

Bread

Outstanding model! Okay PNSO, you have proven you can make a large feathered prehistoric animal, bring out more or even smaller bird-like prehistoric animals!

I wouldn't even be mad if they immediately produce a Therizinosaurus!

ceratopsian

Thanks for all the pix, avatar_Faras @Faras.  It's truly a stunning piece.  Love the tail colours.  I also like how they tucked the "stamps" away to the side, so we can fully appreciate the creatures underside. I like how there is good detail even on the insides of the arms, where they are not normally visible. Thanks too for giving us those excellent sales figures - let's hope they inspire PNSO to produce more like this!

Lynx

Quote from: Bread on September 30, 2022, 02:09:53 PMOutstanding model! Okay PNSO, you have proven you can make a large feathered prehistoric animal, bring out more or even smaller bird-like prehistoric animals!

I wouldn't even be mad if they immediately produce a Therizinosaurus!

I hope they do a bunch of animals from the Nemegt Formation in general!
An oversized house cat.

Duna

Thank you avatar_Faras @Faras for your pictures!  ^-^
I agree with you that this is one of the best PNSO figures, no doubt. What a wonderful piece, what a detailed sculpt. I've been passing a lot of PNSO figures (since iguanodon) but this is a yes-yes.

Carnoking

Thank you very much for sharing. My hype for this figure only grows

Faelrin

avatar_Faras @Faras Once again thanks for all the images and detailed overview. Love how it looks with the Tarbosaurus. Definitely have a reason to pick that one up (aside from it being a good figure anyways, but really like that it has a partner to display with now).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: