News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

This has been a hectic time, lost all of my collection and have no idea what's new these days.

I see that the Spino is finally getting the original paint app I've always wanted. I hope Lucas gets the same treatment soon.

Faelrin

S @Syndicate Bias I'm so sorry to hear that. The first post on the first page of these new for threads (when managed properly such as this one), will typically have all the new releases for the year compiled together there. Right now for PNSO 2022 there is just the Centrosaurus, Styracosaurus, Spinosaurus repaint, and the Zhuchengtyrannus. Oh and also an extremely limited (only 6 produced) bronze T. rex statue.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

RobinGoodfellow

" it looks off, the painting is too green, the horn is strange, noo..another expensive museum line figure, a new theropod would be better, the skeletal reconstruction looks different" will follow soon, don't be afraid.  ;)  :P  >:D

Shonisaurus

It looks great, it's time to buy! when will tsintaosaurus be available on aliexpress? Yes or yes I will buy it. It is very scientific, I would have liked more "retro" but it is the tsintaosaurus in size that I have always dreamed of. I'm going to buy it directly from an aliexpress store in China even if they impose tariffs on me, I promised myself I'd buy it when it was available-

On the other hand, well-done, conservative paint colors and spectacular sculpting, PNSO's parasaurolophus and oloritan... can look forward to this beauty. I would beg you DTF members and forgive me for my impertinence to provide a purchase link for that lambeosaurine hadrosaurid. It will be my first purchase from PNSO in a year and a half, even if I take it off to eat, I have to have it on my shelves, it is spectacular like all PNSO figures.

Psittacoraptor

Another beefy, healthy looking animal from PNSO, look at that neck! I really like it. Not a big fan of the base, however.

ceratopsian

Sorry, I won't be obliging you here avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow!  Personally I like the look of this Tsintaosaurus very much indeed and will be buying it.  (But of course I haven't dashed to any skeletals etc.)  It looks very handsome and I like the well-fed beefy look. 

My only slight nostalgic sadness - weren't there images floating round some years back of a planned release of a Tsintaosaurus that was lying down?  I'd pretty well given up hope of that ever being released, but still....

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 18, 2022, 12:41:12 PM

" it looks off, the painting is too green, the horn is strange, noo..another expensive museum line figure, a new theropod would be better, the skeletal reconstruction looks different" will follow soon, don't be afraid.  ;)  :P  >:D

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 18, 2022, 01:02:04 PM
Sorry, I won't be obliging you here avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow!  Personally I like the look of this Tsintaosaurus very much indeed and will be buying it.  (But of course I haven't dashed to any skeletals etc.)  It looks very handsome and I like the well-fed beefy look. 

My only slight nostalgic sadness - weren't there images floating round some years back of a planned release of a Tsintaosaurus that was lying down?  I'd pretty well given up hope of that ever being released, but still....

..of course I was joking.. I like the figure and I'll buy immediately when available.  O:-)

( But I liked the idea of ​​being the first ever to complain about a new figure on DTF  >:D )

Dusty Wren

Look at this beefy dude! PNSO sure makes a pretty hadrosaur. Will be picking this one up as soon as I can.

The base is a...strange choice. It doesn't really add anything. I guess the idea is to sell a "museum-y" aesthetic for the figure, but it's just an extra hunk of plastic.
Check out my customs thread!

Dromaenychus

I hope the nail the paint job this time. It's the one thing that will justify the price for me. I'm getting it anyway, because I'm a sucker for hadrosaurs.

Bread

I love it! I am thankful PNSO continues with the interesting head gear colorations. I was worried too much criticism on the Lambeosaurus' would be off putting for PNSO to go with that route again.

JohannesB

What a beautiful model of Tsintaosaurus. I am tempted not to buy it  >:D

bmathison1972

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 18, 2022, 01:08:27 PM

..of course I was joking.. I like the figure and I'll buy immediately when available.  O:-)

( But I liked the idea of ​​being the first ever to complain about a new figure on DTF  >:D )

haha that was awesome!

Sad truth is though, no matter how good of a figure is (of an animal no one has seen alive), the complaints will start flowing, about it's wrists, or its lips, or its color, or its cheeks, or its scales, or its toes, or its...[insert anatomical site here]  ;D 8) :P >:D

Pliosaurking

This might be the first museum figure I'll be picking up since the yangchuanosaurus

bmathison1972

I might get it too. When I first started adding dinos to my animal toy collection, I was mainly a Wild Safari collector, but man oh man, PNSO has drawn me in! Especially for ornithischians!

BlueKrono

You've gotta be real quick on the draw for that special honor!

I'll definitely be snagging this one. I would prefer without a base as well, but anyone who makes a Tsintaosaurus is getting my money.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Flaffy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 18, 2022, 02:27:31 PM

haha that was awesome!

Sad truth is though, no matter how good of a figure is (of an animal no one has seen alive), the complaints will start flowing, about it's wrists, or its lips, or its color, or its cheeks, or its scales, or its toes, or its...[insert anatomical site here]  ;D 8) :P >:D

Are people not allowed to criticize aspects of a figure where necessary? I don't think it's unreasonable to point out both the strengths and flaws of a model, discouraging honest opinions would only result in this place becoming a sort of echo-chamber, whether it be incessant bashing or blind praising.

🤷🏻‍♂️ This is exactly why what avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow  made a joke which I think you either completely missed or did not get. and B @bmathison1972  was also true that  especially here in the PNSO thread so many are critical.
Where and who said you can't be critical?  Not sure where you got that.

Anyway, avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow thqt was so delicious to read, love it! 🤣 your humor is much appreciated!

Finally, finally, what an amazing model!
I have been hoping for this Dino to be made and here it is.😃
It's going to be a priority for me.
avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian yeah, we did see one in the reclining pose. Maybe they didn't release that since the crest is outdated and they don't make base anymore. I would have love that pose😃

Carnoking

Heckin Chonky Boi, I love it!

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: Flaffy on February 18, 2022, 02:42:35 PM
Spoiler
Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 18, 2022, 02:27:31 PM

haha that was awesome!

[close]
Are people not allowed to criticize aspects of a figure where necessary? I don't think it's unreasonable to point out both the strengths and flaws of a model, discouraging honest opinions would only result in this place becoming a sort of echo-chamber, whether it be incessant bashing or blind praising.
Of course, constructive criticism is good and interesting. However, for quite some time the criticism for this company resembled this instead:

I feel like it has gotten a lot better. But for a while, PNSO threads were borderline unreadable unless you wanted to drown yourself in incessant complaining and negativity. Thankfully, we seem to be moving past that point now.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: