News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Medzo on April 20, 2022, 03:52:18 PM
Just started to move my humble collection to a new shelf system. I avoid putting out bipedals as I'm quite afraid their leg will bend.

Do you guys have any input on which theropods are sure to bend and which are holding their position? I know about Wilson and Paul, but what about the Zucheng-or Yutyrannus?
I've had no issues with my pnso theropods except for connor, but he was already a bit unstable right out of the box.  He stands fine with his rod tho.  The rest of them I don't even use the rods on them, as long as your display or shelves are level and not getting direct sunlight, they should be fine.

Medzo

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on April 20, 2022, 08:56:01 PM
I've had no issues with my pnso theropods except for connor, but he was already a bit unstable right out of the box.  He stands fine with his rod tho.  The rest of them I don't even use the rods on them, as long as your display or shelves are level and not getting direct sunlight, they should be fine.

Thanks for the feedback. My only fear of the standing rods that if they slip away a bit they actually support the figure to be bended into that position. Someone posted not long ago a more custom stand with adjustable arms, maybe I shall try those.

SenSx

I personnaly don't trust the standing of my Qianzhousaurus, I always use the rod.

suspsy

Quote from: SenSx on April 21, 2022, 12:05:18 PM
I personnaly don't trust the standing of my Qianzhousaurus, I always use the rod.

Mine can barely stand at all without the rod. The only PNSO theropod of mine that doesn't use its rod is the Zhuchengtyrannus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on April 21, 2022, 01:11:14 PM
Quote from: SenSx on April 21, 2022, 12:05:18 PM

Mine can barely stand at all without the rod. The only PNSO theropod of mine that doesn't use its rod is the Zhuchengtyrannus.
Probably the only figure I have yet to see not lean slowly over time is the Zhuchengtyrannus. Seems like it is the best balanced therapod so far. Although still a new figure and we shall see down the line if this is still true.

Concavenator

Quote from: Medzo on April 20, 2022, 03:52:18 PM
Just started to move my humble collection to a new shelf system. I avoid putting out bipedals as I'm quite afraid their leg will bend.

Do you guys have any input on which theropods are sure to bend and which are holding their position? I know about Wilson and Paul, but what about the Zucheng-or Yutyrannus?

Why don't you just use the rods PNSO include? If you do that, it won't matter if the lengs bend or not, the figures will be able to stand. At this moment, I only have 2 PNSO theropods: the Yutyrannus and the Qianzhousaurus. I have had them being supported by their respective rods since I got them and they've been totally fine. The rods are transparent, aren't too noticeable and they ensure stability (in the vast majority of cases). Personally, I don't understand why some people are against them...

Medzo

Quote from: Concavenator on April 24, 2022, 04:56:06 PM
Why don't you just use the rods PNSO include? If you do that, it won't matter if the lengs bend or not, the figures will be able to stand. At this moment, I only have 2 PNSO theropods: the Yutyrannus and the Qianzhousaurus. I have had them being supported by their respective rods since I got them and they've been totally fine. The rods are transparent, aren't too noticeable and they ensure stability (in the vast majority of cases). Personally, I don't understand why some people are against them...

I just tried them, but I hope they won't bend, it matters to me. Also I think it may affect its collectibe value later on.

Bread

Quote from: Medzo on April 24, 2022, 08:48:48 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on April 24, 2022, 04:56:06 PM

I just tried them, but I hope they won't bend, it matters to me. Also I think it may affect its collectibe value later on.
They don't show any signs of bending. Also, with how mass produced these figures are, I wouldn't consider their "collectible value" to sky-rocket anytime soon.

ceratopsian

Agreed on the potential future value avatar_Bread @Bread.  They are mass produced and widely available. While it's true that some models do command high prices down the line, such an increase is the exception. And hard to predict when the model is actually released.

Medzo

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 24, 2022, 10:17:54 PM
Agreed on the potential future value avatar_Bread @Bread.  They are mass produced and widely available. While it's true that some models do command high prices down the line, such an increase is the exception. And hard to predict when the model is actually released.

Well I always calculate with 10 years at least haha  :)). Any toy/model is mass produced naturally but in time their state and availability decreases significantly.

By the way, a new sale on Ali is coming up in 9 days with the same additional $3 off every $40 spent. Let's prepare the wallets!

Bread

Quote from: Medzo on April 24, 2022, 10:55:01 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on April 24, 2022, 10:17:54 PM

Well I always calculate with 10 years at least haha  :)). Any toy/model is mass produced naturally but in time their state and availability decreases significantly.

By the way, a new sale on Ali is coming up in 9 days with the same additional $3 off every $40 spent. Let's prepare the wallets!
Understandable. But I will say have some confidence in those rods. They are very reliable AND they should be included in every bipedal prehistoric animal.

Faras

Yup the stands are solid acrylic, capable of holding solid PVC figures for years without bending or slipping. tbh ageing might cause failures well before rods bend from the weight.

SRF

I have the majority of PNSO's bipedal figures in my collection and all of them stand perfectly fine using the rod. I even use the rod on the Tarbosaurus which is the only figure that really doesn't need it I think. None of these figures have issues standing at the moment, even the ones that are in my collection for over a year now (Wilson, Domingo, A-shu, Paul) al stand perfectly fine using the rod.
But today, I'm just being father

Psittacoraptor

3-day sale on their official Aliexpress store, some nice models 20% off with free shipping, + additional 5$/€ discount on orders over 50$/€ :

https://pnso.aliexpress.com/store/sale-items/912243411.html

GojiraGuy1954

Been a long while since the last reveal huh
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

bmathison1972

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 05, 2022, 03:35:32 PM

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. But with three of Safari's 2022 reveals, I am less worried :0)

Shadowknight1

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 05, 2022, 03:35:32 PM
Is the lockdown over there?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Ivántirrophus

Official page of PNSO in Aliexpress is now charging shipping and is very expensive for me.  :'(

Bread

Quote from: Ivántirrophus on May 10, 2022, 12:39:45 AM
Official page of PNSO in Aliexpress is now charging shipping and is very expensive for me.  :'(
Yep, just checked too. U.S. here, almost $12 for shipping. Ridiculous and gives me another reason to be distasteful to new PNSO products. Also, basically ruins the Aliexpress sales.

Hopefully amazon prime continues with these products being free shipping once they arrive here in the states.

Ivántirrophus

Quote from: Bread on May 10, 2022, 02:50:43 AM
Quote from: Ivántirrophus on May 10, 2022, 12:39:45 AM
Yep, just checked too. U.S. here, almost $12 for shipping. Ridiculous and gives me another reason to be distasteful to new PNSO products. Also, basically ruins the Aliexpress sales.

Hopefully amazon prime continues with these products being free shipping once they arrive here in the states.

You are right, maybe i'll start to buy on Amazon.
USD$12 is too much in my exchange.   :(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: