News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

Yikes; I guess I'm glad I put a (small) order in on that last sale.

Psittacoraptor

Shipping is still free for me, and 12$ is basically what we pay in import tax for a museum line figure so I can't say I feel too bad >:D. Jokes aside, 12$ is not "ridiculous" for international shipping by any means. It's always seemed a bit surreal that I can have dinosaur figures shipped for free from another continent, but not within my own country.

SRF

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on May 10, 2022, 10:38:36 AM
Shipping is still free for me, and 12$ is basically what we pay in import tax for a museum line figure so I can't say I feel too bad >:D. Jokes aside, 12$ is not "ridiculous" for international shipping by any means. It's always seemed a bit surreal that I can have dinosaur figures shipped for free from another continent, but not within my own country.

Exactly this. For me shipping is also still free, but with the current exchange rate between US Dollars and the Euro prices for PNSO figures went up anyway. I'm glad that for now, I have all the PNSO figures that I wanted to have with the last two I've purchased (the Torosaurus and Zhuchengtyrannus) being among the best PNSO has ever released in my eyes.

Also, with PNSO finally taking a break, even though it is forced upon them, this year I'll probably will finally catch up on some releases of other brands as well.
But today, I'm just being father

Darko2300

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on May 10, 2022, 10:38:36 AM

Ditto. I can't seem to have anything shipped for less than $16.00 domestically. $12 is nothing.

Concavenator

PNSO's prices are constantly rising. And I mean, constantly.

When they were released (in January), IIRC, the Centrosaurus and Styracosaurus were around 38€ (which, again, were more expensive than the Sinoceratops and Pachyrhinosaurus despite the fact that they are all from the same line and are all very similar in size). Now they cost 41,33€ on AliExpress. The Styraco and Centro are great, but my goodness, they aren't worth 41€! For that price, I could get myself the Eofauna Diplodocus and the Safari Daspletosaurus from Alcaiceria. It's just ridiculous.

I got the Yutyrannus in March, and even if I bought it from PNSO's Amazon Store, it was around 43€ on AlieExpress. Now it is 46,06€. And I guess it will keep rising, despite a potential downgrade in paint app quality because it's been some time since it was released (although in my case, having bought it in March, I haven't experienced such a downgrade, but the chances are there and will keep increasing if PNSO keeps releasing new figures, and we know Acrocanthosaurus and Sinraptorare coming, and maybe more).

SRF

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator prices going up in € isn't PNSO's doing. The prices in the PNSO stores on AliExpress and Amazon are determined in US Dollars, so the price of PNSO figures in Euros are depending on the exchange rate. Right now 1 Euro is only 1,06 USD. Back when the Centrosaurus was released, 1 Euro was I believe around 1,20 USD.

Medzo

To keep it short I don't think the rising prices are ridiculous. Everything is getting more expensive by the day in these hard times. The only concern whether the quality of products can stay the same if not getting better.

Darko2300

Quote from: Medzo on May 11, 2022, 11:27:47 PM
To keep it short I don't think the rising prices are ridiculous. Everything is getting more expensive by the day in these hard times. The only concern whether the quality of products can stay the same if not getting better.

I couldn't have said it better. 👍

Concavenator

Quote from: Medzo on May 11, 2022, 11:27:47 PMThe only concern whether the quality of products can stay the same if not getting better.

You can only hope for the quality to be the same or better when it comes to upcoming, new releases. When it comes to figures that are already available, at best the quality will stay the same over time, at worst the quality will decrease, at least when it comes to paint application. When it comes to accuracy / sculpts quality, it would be weird and unexpected to see a noticeable decrease in future releases. Like it would be very surprising to say the least if the upcoming PNSO Sinraptor and Acrocanthosaurus had overly sized scales again like their 2020 releases.

Over9K

Meet Coy the Einiosaurus, in the Small Model Series

Bread

More minis  :o

Not a bad looking mini, I am just curious if the prices have risen with these too.

DragonRider02

suspsy

Everyone go check out PNSO on Facebook or Twitter, folks! You'll be happy!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on May 13, 2022, 01:04:46 PM
Everyone go check out PNSO on Facebook or Twitter, folks! You'll be happy!
Indeed. PNSO Acrocanthosaurus!

Psittacoraptor

edit: images already posted

Well, it's finally here :)

Bread

I really am liking this one; however, why is it that I always prefer PNSO's artwork over their final figure! I mean look at that artwork on that third image, it's beautiful!

Also, is the tail too short? Otherwise, this is definitely a pickup for me.

Concavenator

It looks beautiful, but the tail is too short and the head looks too big as well.

SenSx

At last !
I would have liked more vibrant colors on this one, but I'm liking it.
So museum line again ? It's going to be expansive...

Shonisaurus

How cool is that figure. It is beautiful. I really like the conservative pattern of PNSO's dinosaurs and prehistoric animals, they remind me of Raúl Martín's dinosaur illustrations, in that they don't have extreme coloration, although it's obviously 100% based on Zhao Chuang's art.

SRF

Quote from: SenSx on May 13, 2022, 01:39:11 PM
At last !
I would have liked more vibrant colors on this one, but I'm liking it.
So museum line again ? It's going to be expansive...

It's clearly released in the Prehistoric Animal Models line. Number 61 in the line, so that means we don't have any missing numbers right now.

I like this one, it's probably their best Allosauroid figure to date. Not sure if I will get it right from its release though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: