News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoxels

I have been posting high quality showcase images of the new Safari Ltd. figures on my Instagram if anyone is curious!  ;D
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Shonisaurus

Can you pass me a link I am a member of instagram?

In my case I would be interested in a paraceratherium from Safari even if it wasn't nearly as big as iToy's or even Collecta's. An updated version of the 21st century by a company located in the USA of a paraceratherium would be good, although I don't know how successful it would be to market this figure, very well-known even for those of us who are fans of dinosaurs as is my case but it is not a mammal prehistoric as treated as its mammoth or smilodon counterparts, which are the kings of the prehistoric world of the Ice Age or, rather, the Cenozoic, since the paraceratherium does not belong to the Ice Age, which is rather the last stage of said period.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 08, 2022, 02:55:42 PM

In my case I would be interested in a paraceratherium from Safari even if it wasn't nearly as big as iToy's or even Collecta's. An updated version of the 21st century by a company located in the USA of a paraceratherium would be good, although I don't know how successful it would be to market this figure, very well-known even for those of us who are fans of dinosaurs as is my case but it is not a mammal prehistoric as treated as its mammoth or smilodon counterparts, which are the kings of the prehistoric world of the Ice Age or, rather, the Cenozoic, since the paraceratherium does not belong to the Ice Age, which is rather the last stage of said period.
https://www.instagram.com/dinoxels/
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Dinoxels on May 08, 2022, 11:06:31 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 08, 2022, 02:55:42 PM

https://www.instagram.com/dinoxels/

Thank you very much, how beautiful are all the news of Safari 2022!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dilopho on May 07, 2022, 11:57:08 PM
All these figures look great, I really love the colours on the Albertosaurus. Very funky...
(Also..hi everyone!)

Nice to see you!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Dinoxels on May 08, 2022, 10:45:03 AM
I have been posting high quality showcase images of the new Safari Ltd. figures on my Instagram if anyone is curious!  ;D
Your pictures give those figures justice. Bravo!

SpartanSquat

Guys, one question, I dont know if I missed or something: When geoworld was part of safari?
https://www.safariltd.com/collections/geoworld

stargatedalek

Quote from: RolandEden on May 10, 2022, 03:21:30 PM
Guys, one question, I dont know if I missed or something: When geoworld was part of safari?
https://www.safariltd.com/collections/geoworld
Safari lists some other brands on their website, but is not wholly affiliated.

SpartanSquat

I heard somewhere that biobuddies is not part of safari anymore, that they lost the license recently.

Shane

Quote from: RolandEden on May 10, 2022, 05:08:04 PM
I heard somewhere that biobuddies is not part of safari anymore, that they lost the license recently.

It was in this thread, a couple of months or so ago.

For 3 years, Safari was the US distributor of BioBuddi products.

They didn't "lose" the license, they decided they would no longer be the US distributor.

It's not more complicated than that. Distribution deals begin, end, and get re-evaluated and re-negotiated all the time.

Fembrogon

Opportunity knocks!

Quote from: Safari LtdHere's a direct line to our awesome Product Development Team! Drop your suggestions below.
https://twitter.com/SafariLtd/status/1524358885687058433

Lots of good suggestions in the comments already.

Flaffy

I really want to see Safari (well, Doug Watson ;)) tackle an Estemmenosuchus.

I recall quite a few guesses being Estemmenosuchus for the eye all the way back in 2018. While it turned out to be an amazing Uintatherium, a part of me was still bummed that it wasn't the titular Permian synapsid.

Moreover, Safari's prehistoric line could really use more Permian fauna. The only ones I can recall that aren't from toobs is the Dimetrodon, Inostrancevia and Scutosaurus; the latter two having been retired for quite some time now, and are very difficult to track down.

Flaffy

The Patagotitan is in stock now on Safari's website! Hopefully other retailers like avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur will also be receiving their 2022 shipments soon!

https://www.safariltd.com/products/patagotitan-toy-dinosaur-figure

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Flaffy on May 14, 2022, 02:30:18 AM
Hopefully other retailers like avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur will also be receiving their 2022 shipments soon!

Yes, Everything Dinosaur will be receiving stock soon.

Sim

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 12, 2022, 05:47:35 AM
Opportunity knocks!

Quote from: Safari LtdHere's a direct line to our awesome Product Development Team! Drop your suggestions below.

Based on a comment Safari made there, it looks like they will be releasing a Stygimoloch.  My excitement for that is zero.

I read through a lot of the comments and was generally unimpressed by the suggestions. :-\  A number of times people would say an animal that Safari has already made or stuff known from fragments only like that new megaraptoran whose name I don't care to remember.  Or stuff that already has a good toy version.  I also don't understand why Safari limited this to Twitter?  I'm not on Twitter so I can't participate.  On this note, I created some polls where members of this forum voted for what they'd like from Safari, and tried to submit them on Safari's website but I got no response so I don't know if they received them. :-\

Takama

Quote from: Sim on May 14, 2022, 02:56:54 PM
Opportunity knocks!

Based on a comment Safari made there, it looks like they will be releasing a Stygimoloch.  My excitement for that is zero.

I read through a lot of the comments and was generally unimpressed by the suggestions. :-\  A number of times people would say an animal that Safari has already made or stuff known from fragments only like that new megaraptoran whose name I don't care to remember.  Or stuff that already has a good toy version.  I also don't understand why Safari limited this to Twitter?  I'm not on Twitter so I can't participate.  On this note, I created some polls where members of this forum voted for what they'd like from Safari, and tried to submit them on Safari's website but I got no response so I don't know if they received them. :-\

If it ties into Dino Dana or have some sort of Coloration that indicates its a JUVINILE form of Pachycephalosaurus.     I will have a lot of Qustions for Safrai LTD

As one person said (I cant remember if it was here or Facebook) Did they not used to Work With PALEONTOLIGISTS? ::)

Gwangi

I would take a Stygimoloch from Safari. I already have their Dracorex and Pachycephalosaurus, it would be nice to round out the trio.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on May 14, 2022, 02:56:54 PM
Opportunity knocks!

To be fair, Stygimoloch was still probably a real, fully grown animal. The species name would just be "Pachycephalosaurus spinifer" and not "Stygimoloch spinifer."
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

A Megaraptoran figure is long overdue, so i'm glad it seems to be one of the most requested items
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954, as far as I'm aware the Stygimoloch specimens are juveniles.  But regardless of whether it is a distinct species or simply a growth stage/example of sexual dimorphism of Pachycephalosaurus, I'm simply not interested in it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: