You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Deinosuchus hatcheri 'Meta' w/ Appalachiosaurus montgomeriensis prey

Started by GojiraGuy1954, February 18, 2022, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

A Postosuchus could be interesting. If you're looking for prey ideas, Chinlea and Trilophosaurus might be good.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 06, 2023, 07:37:52 PMA Postosuchus could be interesting. If you're looking for prey ideas, Chinlea and Trilophosaurus might be good.
Vancleavea is a suitably awesomebro animal for Rebor to tackle
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 06, 2023, 10:25:31 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 06, 2023, 07:37:52 PMA Postosuchus could be interesting. If you're looking for prey ideas, Chinlea and Trilophosaurus might be good.
Vancleavea is a suitably awesomebro animal for Rebor to tackle

That would also be acceptable.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Concavenator

I'd rather they didn't include any prey at all, buf if we're to choose I'd go with Desmatosuchus for the Postosuchus. But anyways I'm just hoping it won't be Coelophysis, the Safari one is great already.

I would also appreciate if they were true to the scale they are meant to represent (1:35). And I know figures labelled as being in 1:35 are rarely in said scale (which is ironic) but I just wish it wasn't the case.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Concavenator on January 06, 2023, 11:35:18 PMI'd rather they didn't include any prey at all, buf if we're to choose I'd go with Desmatosuchus for the Postosuchus. But anyways I'm just hoping it won't be Coelophysis, the Safari one is great already.

I would also appreciate if they were true to the scale they are meant to represent (1:35). And I know figures labelled as being in 1:35 are rarely in said scale (which is ironic) but I just wish it wasn't the case.

To the first point, while I don't love the inclusion of animals as prey, for the taxa mentioned it might be their only chance at being made at all (I know Jetoar made a Vancleavea, but good luck finding it!).

To the second point, a 1:35 Postosuchus would be pretty small! I have a hard time imagining Rebor working at that size. The Schleich Desmatosuchus is about 1:35, to give you an idea of what that would look like. But I agree with the broader point, in that I wish Rebor's figures were the scale they claimed they were.

Concavenator

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres those animals would be neat too. I'm just personally hoping it won't be Coelophysis, the Safari one is enough and I have it.

And yeah, pretty sure their Postosuchus won't be in actual 1/35 scale despite probably going to be advertised as such. Guess we will just have to wait and see how off from 1/35 it will be.

I used to have the Schleich Desmatosuchus so I would be fine with something that small. That said, I'm one of those people that don't really care about consistency to a fixed scale (though I generally prefer 1/35 or close), I'm more size-oriented so as long as it won't end up being as huge as their Deinosuchus or Sarcosuchus (which I doubt it will, anyways) I think I'll be fine.

Halichoeres

Ivántirrophus

Someone know if deinosuchus has features sheet like other Rebor products?

Blade-of-the-Moon

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Ivántirrophus on January 10, 2023, 03:03:22 AMSomeone know if deinosuchus has features sheet like other Rebor products?

The rule is simple: if you don't see the skeletal image of the animal on the box then it means this product doesn't include an info card. It has always been this way.

Ivántirrophus

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on January 11, 2023, 07:23:41 PM
Quote from: Ivántirrophus on January 10, 2023, 03:03:22 AMSomeone know if deinosuchus has features sheet like other Rebor products?

The rule is simple: if you don't see the skeletal image of the animal on the box then it means this product doesn't include an info card. It has always been this way.

I didnt know that rule, my fault  :-[ . thank you REBOR  ^-^  ;)

dragon53

I just got this email from Bigbadtoystore:

"Hello, 

Thank you for Pre-ordering Adult Deinosuchus hatcheri "Meta" (Estuary Ver.) Deluxe 1/35 Scale Museum Class Replica from BigBadToyStore!
We are expecting this item to arrive soon (barring any unforeseen complications or shipping delays) and will begin processing Pre-orders as soon as the shipment reaches our warehouse."

SenSx

Quote from: dragon53 on January 13, 2023, 06:50:13 PMI just got this email from Bigbadtoystore:

"Hello,

Thank you for Pre-ordering Adult Deinosuchus hatcheri "Meta" (Estuary Ver.) Deluxe 1/35 Scale Museum Class Replica from BigBadToyStore!
We are expecting this item to arrive soon (barring any unforeseen complications or shipping delays) and will begin processing Pre-orders as soon as the shipment reaches our warehouse."

Cool I hope Everything Dinosaur will get it soon as well.
I'll finally be able to pass my  long overdue big order  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received the same message. I think when  I got one from them about Kiss and Tusk it still took around a week or so to actually ship then another week to arrive.

dragon53

SenSx

Quote from: dragon53 on January 14, 2023, 01:07:08 AMNow I'm looking forward to preordering the Rebor Postosuchus. ;)

I could take a while...
I want to see the Barinasuchus, I had no idea that specie existed some time ago, and now it's on my most wanted list  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Postosuchus should look great given the details on the Deinosuchus..but yeah it will probably be awhile.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received a notice that my Deinosuchus has shipped via BBTS, however they changed the order to Substandard from the normal standard item condition.

QuoteWe have received our shipment for Adult Deinosuchus hatcheri "Meta" (Estuary Ver.) Deluxe 1/35 Scale Museum Class Replica, but unfortunately no Standard Grade items are available. We have changed your Pre-order to Substandard Grade and will be processing your order shortly.

So I would guess all the packages arrived slightly damaged? I've seen this before with the Triceratops too. I'm not super concerned about it as long as the figure is fine.

dragon53

My Deinosuchus order was cancelled because my credit card's expiration date was incorrect, so I called BBTS and corrected it and it will be shipped in a few days.
I asked the BBTS customer service rep about the substandard boxing, and he said all the boxes they received had some problems that did not affect the Deinosucchus, but the price is now $3 lower.

The first Deinosuchus fossil was found in my home state of North Carolina.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: